M Cuisine

el jefe

"M Cuisine" has moved and re-opened.

There were many reports on TV that it was going to close permanently but it re-opened last night at its new location at Prasert Land.

For those of you who don't want to be bothered looking up all the old posts, M Cuisine is an Italian restaurant owned and run by Thai's. They use local ingredients and are very reasonably priced. Very good food, perfectly presented. The owners and staff are friendly and helpful. It's the Italian version of Franco-Thai with a little less atmosphere. If any of you have been to Noi's Italian restaurant, imho, this is similar, but M Cuisine is much, much better.

And if you can't figure out where Prasert Land is, here are the simple directions:

Go south on Canal Road from Huay Kaew Road for about 1 km.

When you get to the big open area on the left with lots of bars and restaurants, that's Prasert Land.

Turn left into Prasert Land.

M Cuisine is the first restaurant on the right.

It's open every night except Wednesday.

It will be interesting to see if they will actually be open for business at the new location. Personally I'll give it a pass after going down that ridiculously tiny soi they were on only to find them closed about 6 or 7 different times - even on days when the sign said they were open!

<br />Had a nice, early dinner there tonight.  By the time we left they were starting to get a bit busy.  They are also open for lunch, but they close in the afternoon and re-open at 5 PM.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Very helpful, OP and everyone.

I succeeded in missing them every time at the old location due to the 'random' closing.

Will now go out of my way (literally) to find and try the place.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a nice, early dinner there tonight. By the time we left they were starting to get a bit busy. They are also open for lunch, but they close in the afternoon and re-open at 5 PM.

Are you sure? I was there for lunch at 12.00 but the lady said it was closed and it would be open after 5 PM...

Had a nice, early dinner there tonight. By the time we left they were starting to get a bit busy. They are also open for lunch, but they close in the afternoon and re-open at 5 PM.

Are you sure? I was there for lunch at 12.00 but the lady said it was closed and it would be open after 5 PM...

Sounds like the same old ways as in their previous location.

Sounds like the same old ways as in their previous location.

Well, it could be because of pre- Songkhran festivities...it was an unusual Sunday, Nimmanhaemin was blocked for awhile and even Salad Bar was closed...

But I believe M-Cuisine doesn't do lunch at all.

It is OK, not the most authentic Italian in town, but also not the worst. I had spinach lasagna, which was a bit dry, but not bad for a non-Italian owner.

I was there this evening: again closed, and it isn't even Wednesday.. Because of Songkhran? I don't know...

It is OK, not the most authentic Italian in town, but also not the worst. I had spinach lasagna, which was a bit dry, but not bad for a non-Italian owner.

I was there this evening: again closed, and it isn't even Wednesday.. Because of Songkhran? I don't know...

Waste of time that place.