Questions About Getting A Non O

Hello all, about 2½ months ago I moved to Thailand and is now married to a thai national.

We would like to know, now that we want to make my multi entry non o, how much time I need to have left on my current tourist visa.

We were thinking of making my visa either in bangkok, or whereever you guys might find better.

My visa runs out on the 12'th of april.

We live in chiang rai so therefore very close to maesai, where we have been told we can't do it, can someone confirm this?

Anything else we need to know?

Thank you in advance.

Michael and his wife.

You need to go to a Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate with copies of your marriage registry documents, wife's ID card and house book to apply for a multiple-entry non-immigrant "O" visa. If you have 40k baht per month documented income or 400k baht in a Thai bank for over two months then you could apply for a non-immigrant visa and 1 year extension of stay based on marriage from immigration before your tourist visa runs out, but do it quickly - time is short.

Edited by InterestedObserver

You need to go to a Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate with copies of your marriage registry documents, wife's ID card and house book to apply for a multiple-entry non-immigrant "O" visa. If you have 40k baht per month documented income or 400k baht in a Thai bank for over two months then you could apply for a non-immigrant visa and 1 year extension of stay based on marriage from immigration before your tourist visa runs out, but do it quickly - time is short.

Kuala Lumpur (KL) has been reported in the recent past as issuing said visa. Bring your bank book with plenty of cash on deposit to shown them.

KL requires a bank deposit of 100,000 Baht to issue a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa.

Penang are still doing multi O with less than 200K .recommend do it through Banana Guest House...never failed me

KL requires a bank deposit of 100,000 Baht to issue a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa.

Penang are still doing multi O with less than 200K .recommend do it through Banana Guest House...never failed me

DIY at KL without having to use an agent like 'Banana'. Very painless if you have the correct documents.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, thank you for all the replies.

What we did was:

We went to bangkok and waited around forever in queues and whatnot and then we found out we didn't have enough time left over on my tourist visa, so she suggested I get a 2 month extension (Even though I had already had a 1 month extension on the same entry)

I thought it was impossible but saw it as my only option, so I applied, and later we drove home to Chiang rai with a fresh two months on my visa.

We then went back a week or so ago, and got my non o visa, also in bangkok, with the note that we should apply for the year extension in Chiang rai.

Wether all this was made possible by the fact that my wife works as an officer for the government, I do not know. :)

Anyway, there's my little success story, I hope someone can use it!