Tourist Visa In Phnom Penh

I have just received my 60 day Tourist visa in PP which I was able to arrange

through my hotel here. They have put a stamp in it saying "permitted to apply

for tourist visa in PP this time only". Does anybody have experience with

such restriction, what does it mean? Does it mean I cant apply for Tourist visa

here with the same passport, or is it for a period of time, or for lifetime???

By the way I am a 47 year old Swiss citizen, staying in South East Asia (mostly

in Thailand) now for approx. 2 years, most of the time on tourist visas.

I was able so far to obtain tourist visas in Manila without any restrictions, however, the last time they have asked for my local Thai Bank account statement, claiming they have a new consul.

Thanks a lot for all feedback.

I have just received my 60 day Tourist visa in PP which I was able to arrange

through my hotel here. They have put a stamp in it saying "permitted to apply

for tourist visa in PP this time only". Does anybody have experience with

such restriction, what does it mean? Does it mean I cant apply for Tourist visa

here with the same passport, or is it for a period of time, or for lifetime???

By the way I am a 47 year old Swiss citizen, staying in South East Asia (mostly

in Thailand) now for approx. 2 years, most of the time on tourist visas.

I was able so far to obtain tourist visas in Manila without any restrictions, however, the last time they have asked for my local Thai Bank account statement, claiming they have a new consul.

Thanks a lot for all feedback.

PP doesn't seem to be as visa friendly as others. Can't give you a definite on whether they would deny you in the future, but it certainly is possible if you go for a back to back attempt there.

Why dont you just do a Penang run and get the double entry? PP is always a bit funny about dishing out tourist visas from past experience and what I've heard.

Went there a while back with some mates, 3 of us queued at one window whilst another mate queued at another window, we got ours (single 2 month entry) whilst he was flatly denied.

The Thai embassy in Phnom Penh is very unfriendly. I went 2 times. The first time they gave a single entry tourist visa but wrote a note on it in Thai which I couldn't read. The second time I went it was a bit of a hassle but they finally gave me the visa but wrote on it -- in English this time -- THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU CAN APPLY FOR A VISA IN PHNOM PENH. That was more than a year ago (and not too long after the Cambodians burned down their embassy there) but I haven't been back to test whether they were serious.

That was more than a year ago (and not too long after the Cambodians burned down their embassy there) but I haven't been back to test whether they were serious.

I imagine that they are. From what I've seen posted here over time, I get the impression that the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh (much like the Thai embassy in Singapore) is not interested in catering to the visa run "business".

Phnom Phen is about as friendly as a pissed off rattle snake. I think they make up their own rules up there. I went their once and have never been back because of the Thai embassy in Cambodia.

Maybe it has something to do with Cambodia burning down their embassy once. Perhaps they are trying to wreck Phonom Phen visa tourism to get even.

They really make Thai immagration look bad.

It is very discouraging to follow Thai law only to have the Thai Embassy in Phnom Phen make up their own rules.

On the other side of the coin, the Embassy in Vientiane, Laos is great. They are always very professional and very organsized. They always take time and answer any questions I ever had.

If immagration had a poll to find out which embassy is the best, I would vote for the Thai Embassy in Vientiane, Laos. They really reflect the motto of Thailand as being the land of smiles.

Even immagration in Nong Khai is great. The guys stamping the passports as you come through, the office in the city, and even the customs guys always seem to treat you with respect when you come through.

I just received a tourist visa in Vientiane today. I had no difficulty, but the guy in line before me had his paperwork for a Non-Immigrant visa rejected because the letter from his employer was missing the 'Royal' in addressing the Royal Thai Embassy. The poor guy was really pissed off. :o

Besides Vientiane, I've also acquired tourist visas in Los Angeles and Singapore (2 times,back-to-back). Singapore was easiest, but I've also heard of others having problems there, so that's twice this year I've worn a suit. :D

If you do Vientiane, you can save 20% on the visa fee to get into Laos by having US dollars (they accept either $30 USD or 1500 baht)

...and they charge 1000 baht at the Royal Thai Embassy.