Thai Schoolgirls And The "China Doll" Look

zzaa09

Well, here we are. Another adolescent daughter that finds it necessary, by social condition, to fashion her hair like all the other young ladies of her age {and beyond}. As much as I consciously wouldn't object to the act of allowing her to be herself outside of the forced upon standard, I'll never win with any such unorthodoxy as it comes to the mandatory hair style for school aged girls....well into high school. They all seem to look alike in their over-sized uniforms and closed-cropped traditional school-girl hairstyle. Kinda interesting, isn't it? The days after there secondary experiences, society "allows" them to become hair stylists. I've had experience with a similar contradiction with my first girls years ago in Sukhothai......same results. Even if one attempts to reason with their good Mothers, who more often than not go the traditional route, it's not winnable. It's a tradition goes way back a few decades. Anyway....I don't like it. Yet, I'll live with it. Cheers.B)

Edited by zzaa09

I understand what zzaa009 is speaking about. He does not like the forced conformity. Umm, I think that's what he's talking about...

Uniformity, however, goes a long way in creating a harmonius atmosphere, and hence, a good learning environment. In the States, individuality in schools is permitted to such extremes that it is disruptive to study, and calm social interaction.

Anyway, for those of us who are slightly bewildered by his meadering about, this thread is hair today, but gone tomorrow....

Edited by happyrobert

I THINK I understand the OP. He has a daughter or two who are growing out of the little school-girl stage and into the young woman stage who want to attract the guys. It's a tough time on fathers and we have to be tender to his feelings. :D

In government schools the barbers come every once in a while and cut everyones hair for free. There are also at least a couple of hundred bottles of hair lice medication in all Thai grade schools. I never saw any sterilizing of clippers or combs between hair cuts. After playing all day the children in the school also smell bad. For those of you that think teachers have an easy job. Children are hot, and smelly and have bugs in their hair. And my Thai friends ask me if I miss teaching, ya right.

The hair cuts are to remind you that they're underage and so off limits.

Very good point.

They should keep it until 18 just to make it easy.

I thought they did at government schools and only the non-government schools allow a different hairstyle?

You are correct, it is only required at government schools, my girls (International school) have their hair long. Which will now change since I see that it will be used to judge their availability in the farang dating world.

Time to buy the Burka.....

It you have daughters it's not the farangs you have to worry about. It's the young Thai men that refuse to wear condoms. But, it STILL comes down to proper parenting and teaching your daughters about the facts of life, and moulding them into responsible, self reliant young women who are empowered enough to say "No". You can't prevent biology from occuring by cutting someone's hair, but you can sure teach children how to say no.

It you have daughters it's not the farangs you have to worry about. It's the young Thai men that refuse to wear condoms. But, it STILL comes down to proper parenting and teaching your daughters about the facts of life, and moulding them into responsible, self reliant young women who are empowered enough to say "No". You can't prevent biology from occuring by cutting someone's hair, but you can sure teach children how to say no.

Does tongue in cheek ring a bell? :whistling:

I am way beyong Parenting101 lectures....... :blink:

Edited by Diablo Bob

^ ergo, there's a lot of credence in Diablo Bob's burka purchases.

The oldest stepdaughter had her Thai style Quinceañera yesterday.

House was heaving with jailbait.

I hate the school hols, I really do.

What's this about hair?

As the OP hasn't been back you could be inclined to think that it was a troll post.

The OP has over 2,000 Posts, do you really think he's a Troll ??

For what it's worth, the OP is as clear as day to me now albeit i had to read it twice..

And DiabloBob, Ian is incorrect. Its every guy you have to worry about ;)

Like my dad said "I am a man and I know what those b@st@rds are thinking about my daughters".

I am really glad my daughters are grown. Teen years for a father are a scary experience.

I tutored a little girl with beautiful long hair here in Thailand. Sometimes it was braided and other times it was combed out. She had one of the most beautiful heads of hair I had ever seen, everyone commented on it.

She changed schools and the new school made her cut her hair. When I first saw the hair cut I was speechless. I had known her for a couple of years.

After the hair cut she gained 30 pounds and began hanging around with the wrong crowd and dropped out of school.

Who knows if there were other reasons besides the hair cut. Who knows what goes on in a young girls mind.

My third daughter was a handful. I suggested to my wife that we move to Alaska and school her by short wave radio. My wife thought I was kidding. There could be worse things than raising a young lady in the Alaskan wilderness and only having to worry about bears instead of boys.

As the OP hasn't been back you could be inclined to think that it was a troll post.

No, the OP isn't a troll -- he's simply committed the cardinal sin of using polysyllabic diction to dress up garbage in a vain attempt to present it as something meaningful.

It distresses me to think that complete and utter fools such as this may end up teaching their children English.

No, the OP isn't a troll -- he's simply committed the cardinal sin of using polysyllabic diction to dress up garbage in a vain attempt to present it as something meaningful.

It distresses me to think that complete and utter fools such as this may end up teaching their children English.

Maybe not a troll, but <deleted> was he on about?