Where3 To Buy Gold

only an idea for investment, where can i buy gold bars ? best to buy in thailand , china or back in uk ? how much currently now is gold per bar ? advice please

Edited by dmax

Many places to buy in all the countries you mentioned

Best to buy in Thailand depends on what your looking for.

Thailand likes 96.5% other countries like 99.9%

How much gold is per bar depends on weight

Worldwide gold is sold based on the world Spot price per oz

Price as I type is $1420.50 USD per ounce + a premium no matter if buying bars or coins set by the dealer...bars about $40 over spot/oz...coins about $70 over spot/oz at this time.

Then change into currency of choice to find *your* price.

PS: a good site to get an idea of prices + premiums of gold in various forms

http://www.apmex.com/Category/502/Gold.aspx

Edited by flying

technically you can buy gold in China, but you may have problem to bring it out !

Hong Kong and Taiwan are keen on 99.99% pure gold for investment reason. especially Hong Kong it is a free port and you can bring whatever quantity out of it, money or gold !

for investment purpose, there are all kind of 'gold' account and may come with interest too. I bought a 5oz bar when I was young and don't ask me where it is now :-(

Many places to buy in all the countries you mentioned

Best to buy in Thailand depends on what your looking for.

Thailand likes 96.5% other countries like 99.9%

goto China town, there are lot of goldsmith there. and they have a bit better purity than other those in Thai shop.

Chinese goldsmith sells goldbar unit of TAEL, that is about 37.8g, or 1.33oz. make sure you get the conversion right ! and everything in cash !

( I never buy here, just for your reference :-)

ok i need to buy either in uk or thailand now. where can i buy in uk / and in thailand ? thanks in advance

look at naams reply hahaha :bah: troll? ive only been on here 4-5 yrs now . i asked a simple question <deleted> ? , this place is full of b***sh***ers and negitive comments, really !!

anyway guys thanks for all those who helped me with positive answers ;) for a change !

Edited by dmax

Seconded. I'm with you Naam.

I would like to find a website with chat room or forum where I can post ridiculous questions and/or requests for help or assistance and completely waste other peoples time.

Any suggestions of where I can find same greatly appreciated.

A very pleasant day, whats left of it.

dmax, agree with your post about stupid replies to a question that is far from stupid

I too followed the price on gold on the news and it seems it could be a good investment. But gold comes in many form, do I really need to buy gold bars and stuck them under my mattress ? Or can I invest in stocks that are gold related ? What are the advantages of each option?

Orange juice is also a big market. Naam, you sound like a smart guy, if you believe the price of orange juice is going up, do you really go to your local grocery store and stock up on bottle of Tropicana ?

Edited by JurgenG

if you believe the price of orange juice is going up, do you really go to your local grocery store and stock up on bottle of Tropicana ?

of course not. being a smart guy i would try to buy a few bottles of "Malee" brand orange juice either in a bookshop or a pharmacy.

read again the self-explanatory opening post -which clearly mentions "gold bars"- and compare it with the alternatives and the "market for orange juice" you mentioned.

Edited by Naam

What I understand from the opening post is the OP is looking for investment opportunities. Thais are always talking about gold. So does it make sense to buy form the next door jewelery shop or is there smarter ways to invest in the gold market ?

So, instead of just trying to be funny, maybe more experienced members can give him some advises ...

What I understand from the opening post is the OP is looking for investment opportunities. Thais are always talking about gold. So does it make sense to buy form the next door jewelery shop or is there smarter ways to invest in the gold market ?

So, instead of just trying to be funny, maybe more experienced members can give him some advises ...

THANKS, seconded wink.gif only negitive comments on here, if they cant post something positive then maybe they shouldnt post at all .

Seconded. I'm with you Naam.

I would like to find a website with chat room or forum where I can post ridiculous questions and/or requests for help or assistance and completely waste other peoples time.

Any suggestions of where I can find same greatly appreciated.

A very pleasant day, whats left of it.

passifier.gif your reply is just dribble and non sensical , grow up and go back to your cross word if you have nothing positive to contribute

I think the problem arose when you asked where to buy.

You being a regular in Thailand must have seen the thousands of gold shops.

Since gold is a worldwide commodity based on spot price as I mentioned in my 1st post

you will not benefit to shop prices ( perhaps a tiny difference in premiums )& unless you have a need for a specific form then all gold shops will be the same.

As for the UK & where to buy I cannot help you as I live in the US

But the link I posted to that site APMEX is excellent & do ship certified internationally.

Not sure if they ship to Thailand though.

From their site..

http://www.apmex.com/FAQ/Default.aspx#International

What countries in Europe do you currently ship to?

We currently ship to the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Ireland, and Switzerland.

Chok Dee & hope you find what your after.

Edited by flying

Since gold is a worldwide commodity based on spot price as I mentioned in my 1st post

you will not benefit to shop prices ( perhaps a tiny difference in premiums )& unless you have a need for a specific form then all gold shops will be the same.

But the link I posted to that site APMEX is excellent & do ship certified internationally.

From their site..

http://www.apmex.com...x#International

We currently ship to the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Ireland, and Switzerland.

thanks a lot for your time in replying, the reason i asked where to buy is that some gold shop prices do vary, i was thinking that the chinese gold wholesalers in bkk would give a better deal say than i bought from a shop in pattaya. i dont think there was any need for these peopel to come off with their b/s anyway thanks

Dear Thaivisa members,

i would like to buy some potatoes. could any kind soul advise me where i can buy potatoes?

:ph34r:

I think the state of Idaho could fill your potato needs. The last I checked, they were producing more than ten BILLION pounds a year.

NEXT ------

Edited by Gary A

• 1 month later...

From their site..

http://www.apmex.com...x#International

thanks a lot for your time in replying, the reason i asked where to buy is that some gold shop prices do vary, i was thinking that the chinese gold wholesalers in bkk would give a better deal say than i bought from a shop in pattaya. i dont think there was any need for these peopel to come off with their b/s anyway thanks

So, does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of what charges gold shops in Bangkok (especially Yaowaraj) apply to gold purchases, either jewelry or gold bars ?

Here, in the deepest province of Phang Nga i was quoted 1000 Baht per baht of jewelry and 300 Baht per Baht of gold bars and i'm thinking that i should be able to get a better deal in Bangkok next time i get there .

Or not ... ?