30 Rai Of Forest Worth How Much?

pjclark1

Didn't know where to post this.

30 rai of forest 6 hours from Chiang Mai (near Phrae), for clearing and planting trees for a cash crop.

Is it work 100,000bht?

Wife is producing a baby so I thought I would give her a little 'thank you' gift in her home village.

Edited by pjclark1

It's approx 20km from a small town with a 7/11

15km of that along an unsurfaced road.

I went there last month and the road was fine (in the dry season) using a m/c or a pickup.

Edited by pjclark1

It will of course be non titled land. The question you need to answer is, if it is non titled land, will it in time become titled land. 5 year or 10 years or 15 years don't matter at that price, but is it land that is legitimately in the process of becoming titled land?

The King is in the process of issuing chanotes for the land to the villagers (in approx 30 rai plots).

The land is already assigned to particular persons and they are selling their entitlement.

There may be a 10 year 'no selling' restriction on the chanotes when they are issued, but that has never been a problem in the past.

The King is in the process of issuing chanotes for the land to the villagers (in approx 30 rai plots).

The land is already assigned to particular persons and they are selling their entitlement.

There may be a 10 year 'no selling' restriction on the chanotes when they are issued, but that has never been a problem in the past.

It's obviously a bargain.

I suggest don't buy it.

In that area is where everyone has a plot of land for sale and having a difficult time even giving it away. My girlfriend has 19 rai of land in that area and has been stuck with it for years, no one interested in buying. If it`s a Nor Sor San (agricultural land) then it can go for as little as 30000 baht per rai, sometimes less if the purchase is for a large multiple of rai plot.

If it`s a chanote, what they call the good land, 100000 baht a rai is ultra top whack if you're lucky or could find someone gullible enough to pay that price.

As for; The King is in the process of issuing chanotes for the land to the villagers, my girlfriend was feed all that BS when she first purchased her land 20 years ago, plus the other crap such as, the Prime minister has decided to develop the area and so on.

The price depends on many factors: does it require soil top up to make the land acceptable for building, growing and flood prevention?

Is there an assessable electricity supply, telephone connections and decent water supply?

Is the location prone to flooding? Is this in an industrial or residential area? Is it close to any cremation sites? How good is the quality of soil for agricultural producing and growing? I could go on and on and on.

My advice is, buyer beware and do some research in the area before making up your mind to buy.

Edited by Beetlejuice

They are selling the land the King gives them.....Amazing Thailand.... They have been having protests etc in Bkk and other parts of the country wanting land so as to better their lives and as soon as they get it they sell it.....will they back for a second serve

Agricultural land in extremely rural areas is a lot less than that Beetle Juice. Typically Nor Sor San land is about 5,000-10,000 baht per rai. 30-50,000 for Chonote.

But 100,000 baht for 30 rai is a great deal. Less than 3,000 baht a rai. That is less than what one talang wah costs. But to buy land and just let it lay unused is a waste unless you really have a plan to develop it into a farm. You cannot build on Nor Sor San land. But as Beetle juice explains I would examine it first about flooding, proximity to water and do you really want to spend a minimum of 10,000 baht a month to keep some farmers working the land when you are not around. Sometimes land costs a lot more for the upkeep than it does to buy it.

Not to mention that land tax is becoming more prevalant and it wouldn't surprise me if the tax on these lands will increase to more than a few hundred baht.