Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XLT 4 door 2,2 at 799k baht, does it come with leather seats or not?

No, only the Wildtrak @ 869k. I sat in the 799k XLT and was impressed by the modern interior, it is a dark grey fabric of good quality with nice stitching, a nice change to the cheap beige that is often the norm here.

No, only the Wildtrak @ 869k. I sat in the 799k XLT and was impressed by the modern interior, it is a dark grey fabric of good quality with nice stitching, a nice change to the cheap beige that is often the norm here.

thanks

I ll go for a 869k baht wildtrack in white then, leather and cruise is for me worth 40k alone, and upgrade to 3,2 next year. I hear more and more 3,2 March songs, so do not dare to trust 3,2 January

with the lack of Toyota manufactoring, and slow start for Izu/Chev, I believe ford will sell 2,2 in volumes, and delay TH 3,2. Mitsu is trying to catch up with Triton 5 speed auto, but its styling will IMHO prevent higher sales volume

thanks

I ll go for a 869k baht wildtrack in white then, leather and cruise is for me worth 40k alone, and upgrade to 3,2 next year. I hear more and more 3,2 March songs, so do not dare to trust 3,2 January

with the lack of Toyota manufactoring, and slow start for Izu/Chev, I believe ford will sell 2,2 in volumes, and delay TH 3,2. Mitsu is trying to catch up with Triton 5 speed auto, but its styling will IMHO prevent higher sales volume

I guess it all depends on how Australians sales go - the 3.2L is already in production and shipping to Australia... But by the looks of it, it would appear it's going to be very popular there, so anyone's guess..

It is possible to buy it before the motor show 1-12 december or we will have to wait until it ?

You can book any of the 3 models released so far at any dealer now.

Are test drives also available, or is it look and book? With the motor expo coming in december I'm assuming the whole model range will be there too.

It is possible to buy it before the motor show 1-12 december or we will have to wait until it ?

Are test drives also available, or is it look and book? With the motor expo coming in december I'm assuming the whole model range will be there too.

Ford Phuket has asked me to come and testdrive Nov 25th, but I v told them I dont need a test drive, I need delivery B)

and they say December :unsure:

That depends on the dealership. All dealerships have demo stock now though.

The whole model range will be revealed (with pricing) at the motor show, but deliveries won't be starting for 3.2L models until Q1 2012.

anyone able to post a link to the Euro crash test of Ranger? Its the best crash results ever with a pickup, and it beats most high end cars. In general heavy vehicles have problems scoring good in this kind of studio tests, but Ranger really amazes and Ranger 3,2 Wildtrack will be one of the absolutely safest vehicles money can buy in Thailand. Size still matters :D

The whole model range will be revealed (with pricing) at the motor show, but deliveries won't be starting for 3.2L models until Q1 2012.

From what other sites are suggesting it'll be more like Q2 for the 3.2 models, it seems they're starting to form a long waiting list in Aus with customers that booked st the Melbourne motor show still waiting on delivery. The 3.2 Wildtrak will not be seen in Australia till April 15th if all goes to plan.

anyone able to post a link to the Euro crash test of Ranger? Its the best crash results ever with a pickup, and it beats most high end cars. In general heavy vehicles have problems scoring good in this kind of studio tests, but Ranger really amazes and Ranger 3,2 Wildtrack will be one of the absolutely safest vehicles money can buy in Thailand. Size still matters :D

I posted the video back on page 18:

Full results here: http://www.euroncap.com/results/ford/ranger/2011/450.aspx

And ANCAP results (derived from EuroNCAP tests) here: http://www.ancap.com.au/crashtestrecord?Id=431

OK thanks, the motor show will be a nice time to browse all the vehicles easily. The 3.2 wildtrak seems the one to go for, but the top model 2.2 looks good too. One of my relatives thinks I'd be nuts to pay over 1M for a pickup, but I pointed out even the new isuzu will also touch 1M now. But very few sedans in this range would be as safe - 2 tonnes + more airbags for starters.

OK thanks, the motor show will be a nice time to browse all the vehicles easily. The 3.2 wildtrak seems the one to go for, but the top model 2.2 looks good too. One of my relatives thinks I'd be nuts to pay over 1M for a pickup, but I pointed out even the new isuzu will also touch 1M now. But very few sedans in this range would be as safe - 2 tonnes + more airbags for starters.

In TH, crash safety close to a loaded Ranger starts at 3 mill baht and is called Volvo S80. bit more money gets you bmw5 or benz e. none of these really on par with Ranger in real world crashes tho

I posted the video back on page 18: http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4801053

Full results here: http://www.euroncap....r/2011/450.aspx

And ANCAP results (derived from EuroNCAP tests) here: http://www.ancap.com...strecord?Id=431

missed those, thanks :jap:

what we see is an extremely strong passenger cage, no marks on roof, floor or door sills, protected by deformation zones catching the energy

what we also see is a long soft front and hood collapsing in center, providing a soft landing for pedestrians

ad a well designed interior, electronics and airbags, and a winner is born

Here's a few more Australian market reviews, for the guy asking how it comapres to the VW Amarok (not available in TH)..

The Motor Report: http://www.themotorr...o-manual-review

Unless Holden has something absolutely magical up its sleeve with the new Colorado, Ford's Ranger will remain head and shoulders above everything in the sector. Everywhere you care to look, on every objective measure, where HiLux is good, Ranger is better. Ditto for Triton, ditto for Amarok and ditto for Navara. It's that good.

Motoring Magazine: http://www.motoring....ch-review-26870

The all-new Ranger has landed, bringing a world of change to the light commercial segment; and for once, you can believe the hype

Go Auto: http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/ED7760F56590B379CA257917000318AF

The Amarok lifted the bar in the workhorse class and first impressions are that the Ranger is a match or better in many key areas.

Car Advice: http://www.caradvice.com.au/138988/ford-ranger-review/

There is really no other way to put it; the new Ford Ranger is an absolute winner.

It appears unanimous that it's the best truck currently available, but don't forget that Aussie journos are yet to drive the new Isuzu D-Max, Chev Colorado or the new Mazda BT-50..

In TH, crash safety close to a loaded Ranger starts at 3 mill baht and is called Volvo S80. bit more money gets you bmw5 or benz e. none of these really on par with Ranger in real world crashes tho

Thanks, I was thinking in terms of sedans in the same price range. The cool think is that the ranger will be real value in Thailand, but quite expensive in Australia, at close to 60K AU. In some blogs the Aussies were complaining about the price.

But very few sedans in this range would be as safe - 2 tonnes + more airbags for starters.

I'd almost go so far as to say none would be as safe, in a multi-vehicle crash scenario.

5 stars @ 2200KG is like being the wall, instead of being the car ;)

That's cool. I know you said we can't directly compare SUV's (the new everest when it's out) to the new ranger. But I'l like to know how they we compare on the road, especially NHV. I'm assuming also that the everest would be heavier, and probably 200K more in price at least. Would you still but the ranger over the everest if you didn't need the rear seats? What other factors would sway you either way? I've only ever driven the PJS - I'm used to a regular sedan, but find the PJS a little noisy under hard acceleration (not sure how it compares to others), but very quiet at cruising speed. It seems a little slow on the uptake from 0, but very good at overtaking at speed...That's the limit of my suv/pickup experience:)

Thanks, I was thinking in terms of sedans in the same price range. The cool think is that the ranger will be real value in Thailand, but quite expensive in Australia, at close to 60K AU. In some blogs the Aussies were complaining about the price.

sedans sold in TH in the same price range, few can match rangers studio results, and in the real world they are like matchboxes

high end sedans as I mentioned above are excellent in studio, crashing into walls/barriers/posts at some 60kmh, but cant match rangers size, height and weight in real world crashes

and all this comes at bargain prices, Ranger is dirt cheap in TH

Present Ranger has been dated for +15 years, based on an early 80s Mazda frame and floorplan. New skin and drivetrains have lifted it on several occasions, but it still was below par. To see it in crash tests almost made me cry, with passenger cage totally collapsing.

Finally Ford has delivered what they promised, a class leader in all areas.

I am thrilled, and just waiting for someone to say I must work for Ford :unsure:

But very few sedans in this range would be as safe - 2 tonnes + more airbags for starters.

I'd almost go so far as to say none would be as safe, in a multi-vehicle crash scenario.

That's cool. I know you said we can't directly compare SUV's (the new everest when it's out) to the new ranger. But I'l like to know how they we compare on the road, especially NHV. I'm assuming also that the everest would be heavier, and probably 200K more in price at least. Would you still but the ranger over the everest if you didn't need the rear seats? What other factors would sway you either way? I've only ever driven the PJS - I'm used to a regular sedan, but find the PJS a little noisy under hard acceleration (not sure how it compares to others), but very quiet at cruising speed. It seems a little slow on the uptake from 0, but very good at overtaking at speed...That's the limit of my suv/pickup experience:)

It all depends on what you want/need the car to do. If it's only transporting people and groceries, a PPV will give you better around-town manouverability, more proper seating space, and a more compliant ride. If you need to carry anything large, long, dirty or heavy a pickup makes much more sense.

NVH-wise, a pickup actually has an advantage on noise, as the rear wheel arches are not in the cabin space - so SUV's (PPV's) have to do a lot of work to counteract that - how the Everest will compare to the Ranger on that front is yet to be seen - it all depends on how much money/effort the Ford boffins put into it. Also, pickups have an advantage on wheelbase length, which helps ride compliance, but PPV's have a big ace up their sleeve with coil spring rear suspension.

Based on currently available offerings, the PPV variants beat their pickup cousins in NVH overall, so the same would be expected from the new Ford.

Pickups will always be better value in TH, due to the way excise taxes work (3% for 2-door pickups, 12% for 4-door pickups, 20% for 7-seater PPV's).

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

It all depends on what you want/need the car to do. If it's only transporting people and groceries, a PPV will give you better around-town manouverability, more proper seating space, and a more compliant ride. If you need to carry anything large, long, dirty or heavy a pickup makes much more sense.

Pickups will always be better value in TH, due to the way excise taxes work (3% for 2-door pickups, 12% for 4-door pickups, 20% for 7-seater PPV's).

In my experience a pickup has the following disadvanteges compared to its SUV sister

Longer wheelbase, wider turning and more pavements to hit

Longer overall

5 seats only in cabin

No covered luggage area, unless modified

Stiffer suspension, as its desigend to load more, and less comfy rear leaf springs

On the other hand

Longer wheelbase, more stable on Highways

Lower price, in TH partly due to lower taxes, approx 2-300k baht

Huge load capasity in cubic and Kg

Less noise, as cabin is smaller its simply less air to move around

Less use of AC, as cabin is smaller and roof is much shorter and rearwindow is vertical

I knew that, sorry if my question wasn't clear..

I mean, is there any chance to buy and own this car before the motorshow ?

By the way, I heard from somewhere that the motorshow will be on 1 - 12 th december, and someone working at chevrolet told me october 25-31 ??

I wonder if it worth to wait the motorshow to place an order on a car ?.. (special promotions, discounted price,..)

By the way, I heard from somewhere that the motorshow will be on 1 - 12 th december, and someone working at chevrolet told me october 25-31 ??

I wonder if it worth to wait the motorshow to place an order on a car ?.. (special promotions, discounted price,..)

according to Ford TH the 3 presented prices are the Motorshow prices, and 1st class Insurance included. Whats missing so far is a low interest promotion, if so 25% down and 2,55% at 48 terms seems likely, Ford-Tisco. Prices are likely to go up during or after motorshow

The longer you wait to order, the longer to wait for delivery for sure. Orders been open for weeks, and line gets longer every day. If Ford TH is affected by parts supply, lines will get very long

according to Ford TH the 3 presented prices are the Motorshow prices, and 1st class Insurance included. Whats missing so far is a low interest promotion, if so 25% down and 2,55% at 48 terms seems likely, Ford-Tisco. Prices are likely to go up during or after motorshow

The longer you wait to order, the longer to wait for delivery for sure. Orders been open for weeks, and line gets longer every day. If Ford TH is affected by parts supply, lines will get very long

I just read on a Thai website that someone placed an order today for a 799K XLT, paid 25% deposit and 60mnths @ 2.85% per year.