Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Took my Yaris in yesterday which I'm using as trade-in against a 2.2 AT XLT. They wanted it before my Ranger came so they had time to sell it, fine by me as they provided me with a nice Fiesta to use until then. Was told by the manager that pre-launch is Jan 15th with delivery of my XLT by Feb 14th at thevery latest but hopefully end of Jan 2012. He seemed to think April will be the earliest the 2.2 Wildtrak will be available as longer delays with some parts after the flooding fiasco.

When I was in the dealers signing the papers two weeks ago they said Jan too. I've got the Wildtrak on order, I hope it's not as late as April!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice links, finally someone did a review of the 2.2. I was getting sick of reading and watching the 3.2 reviews as it was just teasing me of what I am not getting.

I just read them as well and they seems quite impressed with the 2.2 and considered what fuel cost (even in LOS) the 2.2 with all the bells and whistles might be the best buy for most people.

The trouble is most if the best "bells and whistles" are not available on 2.2 models, even Wildtrac models :(

Will have to wait a year or so for stuff like hill descent control and curtain airbags to appear in any 2.2 model.

Nice links, finally someone did a review of the 2.2. I was getting sick of reading and watching the 3.2 reviews as it was just teasing me of what I am not getting.

I just read them as well and they seems quite impressed with the 2.2 and considered what fuel cost (even in LOS) the 2.2 with all the bells and whistles might be the best buy for most people.

The trouble is most if the best "bells and whistles" are not available on 2.2 models, even Wildtrac models :(

Will have to wait a year or so for stuff like hill descent control and curtain airbags to appear in any 2.2 model.

Yup, that's why I'm going to wait. They will make a top-end 2.2 XLT WT sometime next year. I'll wait for that...

Edited by keemapoot

yeah. safety just isnt a priority for thailand, 4 airbags on thai cruze instead of 8-10 on cruzes in other markets was suprised the outgoing ford focus also has only 2 front airbags and no side ones, never really cared till i saw some vdos online showing the dummies heads crashing onto the bonnets of incomming cars in side impact tests especially for sedans which ride lower

heres an example

Yup, that's why I'm going to wait. They will make a top-end 2.2 XLT WT sometime next year. I'll wait for that...

Good things come to those who wait :)

Ford just confirmed to me that they will supply the WT 3.2 without privacy glass or heated seats. Still claiming arrival in April 2012.

Heated seats would hardly be necessary in Thailand.

Maybe in Thailand they could introduce cooled seats :)

Ford just confirmed to me that they will supply the WT 3.2 without privacy glass or heated seats. Still claiming arrival in April 2012.

Maybe in Thailand they could introduce cooled seats :)

I saw recently that in the USA now, some cars come with heated steering wheels; again, just the opposite of what we would need in LOS.

Told to pick up at End of Jan for the 2.2 WT.

Lets hope they don't push it back.

Did you order the 2.2 A/t and/or the 4X4 model?

The 2.2 CAB 4x4 WT. The one that was listed at 979,000 baht.

I wanted the Orange color but they said they might have a dark grey one instead at the time and if I want the orange one I might need to wait a bit.

They told my wife last week.

Actually, I would find the heated seats to be a valuable and important 'chick appraisal' tool if you read earlier in this thread I explain how it works ;_) Also, I like driving but often find in Nov - Feb to be cold in the car, especially when i do long drives at night; heated seats would be quite a nice feature.

Really I only posted this because we are so short on information; the dealer I am using is equally frustrated as he wants to flog cars...but that's hard without a price list and information.

I made a deposit on Wildtrack 2,2 months ago, color white. I have been offered delivery today in blue or black. Not sure if I want to take delivery but rather wait for 3,2, anyone interested in taking it, PM me.

I made a deposit on Wildtrack 2,2 months ago, color white. I have been offered delivery today in blue or black. Not sure if I want to take delivery but rather wait for 3,2, anyone interested in taking it, PM me.

Tell them they can send the black one down to me, to fulfill my order. rolleyes.gif

Tell them they can send the black one down to me, to fulfill my order. rolleyes.gif

which dealer did you order at?

Well using the new forum layout on the mobile is strange.

Only the initial paperwork for the finance has been sent off. I was in the dealers with the Tisco guy the other week and he's got all the paperwork he needs for now, all the rest will be completed on delivery.

For those of you that have a Ranger on reserved, have you already talked to finance and put in the down payment (or payment)?

I reserved at the motor expo and was told that finance will call but haven't heard back.

Only the initial paperwork for the finance has been sent off. I was in the dealers with the Tisco guy the other week and he's got all the paperwork he needs for now, all the rest will be completed on delivery.

For those of you that have a Ranger on reserved, have you already talked to finance and put in the down payment (or payment)?

I reserved at the motor expo and was told that finance will call but haven't heard back.

The Tisco rep drove came to Pattaya to meet me last Saturday and I handed over all the relevant docs, signed the forms etc. On Wednesday this week I had the call telling me that all was approved. The down payment will be made when I go to collect my Ranger, due mid February, from Ford in BKK.

Just a side note, as I haven't got a Thai guarantor, as a foreigner I had to take out Life insurance with them (through AIA) and nominate beneficiaries. It only made a difference of approx 300 Baht per month, but just for info incase anyone else is in the same boat. Haven't told the wife about this mind you, Pattaya is a funny old town :)

If you still haven't heard from them, give your Ford Rep a call and make sure they're on the case and they've got your correct contact details.

The Tisco rep drove came to Pattaya to meet me last Saturday and I handed over all the relevant docs, signed the forms etc. On Wednesday this week I had the call telling me that all was approved. The down payment will be made when I go to collect my Ranger, due mid February, from Ford in BKK.

Just a side note, as I haven't got a Thai guarantor, as a foreigner I had to take out Life insurance with them (through AIA) and nominate beneficiaries. It only made a difference of approx 300 Baht per month, but just for info incase anyone else is in the same boat. Haven't told the wife about this mind you, Pattaya is a funny old town smile.gif

If you still haven't heard from them, give your Ford Rep a call and make sure they're on the case and they've got your correct contact details.

and the downpayment is paid to dealer on delivery, nothing is paid to financecompany until a month after delivery

Merry Christmas! Went to the Ford Xmas party last night and was told I'll be able to pick up my 2.2 XLT on Jan 2nd. They have a blue one now and a few more will be arriving in the next few days so just have to decide which colour. I'm thinking white again but the blue is nice. Decisions, decisions!

post-61039-0-10822600-1324773656_thumb.j

Merry Christmas! Went to the Ford Xmas party last night and was told I'll be able to pick up my 2.2 XLT on Jan 2nd. They have a blue one now and a few more will be arriving in the next few days so just have to decide which colour. I'm thinking white again but the blue is nice. Decisions, decisions!

I'd lean towards white - really liked it's look at the show. The orange looked good at the show, but not under lights it seems dull (as seen on the fiesta) , but that's only available on the wildtrak anyway. The blue is nice, but really you need to see them in the flesh out in natural light.

Had my first chance to see and sit in a real truck at the Ford dealership in Pattaya. They currently have one blue 2.2 XLT in stock for customers to check-out. I did not test drive the vehicle. My initial impressions are that the truck looks great from the outside and definitely has the macho-chops of a high-end truck. However, the interior really let me down. The layout of everything is fine (for a truck) and it's plenty roomy but the cheapo hard plastic everywhere looks as dated and not much better than my current 8 year-old Toyota Sportrider. Another thing I noticed from just a sit-down in the cap is the exterior field of vision seemed smaller to me than my current ride. The area of the glass seemed to be significantly smaller all around on all the panes of glass. If this is actually true, this would be a major downer to me as one of the reasons I like the high-up driving position of SUVs/trucks is the improved road visibility from the high driving position.

After this look-see, I would wonder about spending about B 1M on this vehicle. One thing I know for sure, I will definitely wait for a look at the upcoming Chevy Trailblazer before making any final decision.

I went to the Ford dealer in Pattaya 3 times in december. The information they gave me is crap. They do not seem to know anything about the New Ranger and when it comes to the showroom. I asked how much the registration tax is for the Wildtrack 2.2 l. Answer: 8'000 Baht. - I do not think this is correct. Asked how much the exise tax is. Answer; 69'000 Baht. I do not think this is correct. - I asked if I could get a reverse sensor. Answer: Not possible. - I asked what I would get as freebie. Answer: nothing, not even the insurance. Not interested anymore and left. Sent an e-mail to Ford headquarter five days ago, but did not get any reaction.

I would suggest them just to sell their cars through the internet, and close the dealership. Imagine, you have to bring your car for regularly services to these people, and it will surely be the same quality of customer service. Better avoid.

Had my first chance to see and sit in a real truck at the Ford dealership in Pattaya. They currently have one blue 2.2 XLT in stock for customers to check-out. I did not test drive the vehicle. My initial impressions are that the truck looks great from the outside and definitely has the macho-chops of a high-end truck. However, the interior really let me down. The layout of everything is fine (for a truck) and it's plenty roomy but the cheapo hard plastic everywhere looks as dated and not much better than my current 8 year-old Toyota Sportrider. Another thing I noticed from just a sit-down in the cap is the exterior field of vision seemed smaller to me than my current ride. The area of the glass seemed to be significantly smaller all around on all the panes of glass. If this is actually true, this would be a major downer to me as one of the reasons I like the high-up driving position of SUVs/trucks is the improved road visibility from the high driving position.

After this look-see, I would wonder about spending about B 1M on this vehicle. One thing I know for sure, I will definitely wait for a look at the upcoming Chevy Trailblazer before making any final decision.

I just had my first drive in the new Ranger and very impressed. Much roomier than the outgoing model I used to have 2yrs ago and much higher spec even in the XLT. Had no problem with vision and the seat can be adjusted more than the previous Ranger so even short folk will be fine. Sure there is a lot of plastic but it is far nicer than the previous model and it isn't as though the Vigo, Dmax, Triton etc have bespoke interiors with hand-stitched leather, carbon and walnut. At 799K for the 4dr XLT 6AT it is a pretty good deal, especially with a 80k rebate 1yr later, and looking forward to Jan 2 when I can pick mine up.

Edited by skybluestu

I canselled 2,2 today after viewing a black 4 door auto XLT, so as of noon it was available in Phuket, but probably sold by now. Moved my deposit to 3,2 Wildtrack in Chili Orange, and just recieved confirmation by phone late March or early April 2012 delivery.

XLT comes with height adjustment of drivers seat, so previous info/brouchure fortunatley was wrong. Both drivers seat and rearseat are class leading on leg space