Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

My 8 year old Isuzu DMAX with the 3L engine did not have a lot of power, although it was much better than the 3L Toyota I had previously.

I don't know what all was changed, but my 3 year old with the 3L engine has a lot more more power (night and day) than the older DMAX. I'm sure the new DMAX is fine as far as power goes. I think the Ford is better looking though.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the phone now, it's a pain to add links or quote.

Yes, I did see the rolling road video, it's on this thread somewhere.

They said that the 3.2 has more power then published it was more like 210BHP at the flywheel.

They have managed to retune the ECU but only getting gains of 4KW, which is hardly worth it. It seems Ford has programed something in to the ECU for a fail safe.

The forum is called the Ford owners club Australia it has a thread just on the new Ranger.

Hi guys

Has anyone driven enough in the new 2,2 l Highlander/Wildstreak to tell me if the engine is powerfull enough for this truck ?

How is the general feeling of the truck compared to Toyota Hilux or Mitsubishi Triton ?

Thanks

I've had the 2.2 6AT for 2 weeks now and very happy. The 2.2 actually has more power, and is more economical, than the outgoing 2.5 and together with the 6 speed (manual or auto) gearbox it feels plenty. Sure, it's a big truck but the 2.2 has enough power, I will rarely have a heavy load in the back, doubt I'll ever tow anything and won't be dragracing or attempting world speed records so don't need any more. Power is fine whether pulling away from lights in first or cruising at 140kph and the gearbox is adaptive so adjusts to each driver. Triton has more power but is fugly and not really worth mentioning the Hilux, so boring. The only other options I looked at were the new Isuzu and the new Chevrolet but both were quite a lot more expensive for similar spec and neither looked anywhere near as nice as the Ford or had as much interior space. Go with the Ranger, you won't be disappointed!

Thanks - good info (I don't need a race truck as well)

I am out of LOS now, so I will send wife to buy the truck - she has seen the Ford and she likes it (but I have to like it most).

Now I just have to tell her what make, colour and the hard part (send her money).

I think I will go for the Ford (2,2 Wildstreak)

AGHHHHHH Its called a "Wildtrack". Wildstreak is that thing you get in your shorts when you buy a Wildtrack!!

Hi guys

Has anyone driven enough in the new 2,2 l Highlander/Wildstreak to tell me if the engine is powerfull enough for this truck ?

How is the general feeling of the truck compared to Toyota Hilux or Mitsubishi Triton ?

Thanks

I've had the 2.2 6AT for 2 weeks now and very happy. The 2.2 actually has more power, and is more economical, than the outgoing 2.5 and together with the 6 speed (manual or auto) gearbox it feels plenty. Sure, it's a big truck but the 2.2 has enough power, I will rarely have a heavy load in the back, doubt I'll ever tow anything and won't be dragracing or attempting world speed records so don't need any more. Power is fine whether pulling away from lights in first or cruising at 140kph and the gearbox is adaptive so adjusts to each driver. Triton has more power but is fugly and not really worth mentioning the Hilux, so boring. The only other options I looked at were the new Isuzu and the new Chevrolet but both were quite a lot more expensive for similar spec and neither looked anywhere near as nice as the Ford or had as much interior space. Go with the Ranger, you won't be disappointed!

I am out of LOS now, so I will send wife to buy the truck - she has seen the Ford and she likes it (but I have to like it most).

Now I just have to tell her what make, colour and the hard part (send her money).

AGHHHHHH Its called a "Wildtrack". Wildstreak is that thing you get in your shorts when you buy a Wildtrack!!

Haha - got it - I'm not a big truck fan, so haven't even bothered learning the name properly.

Wildtrack it is, and I won't change it again..

Hi guys

Thanks

...WildTrak....

Ordered my 2.2 Wildtrac, no free insurance, only free glass tint. I will push for more.. there are 10 Wildtracs on back order at Rama 2 road branch, so they must be happy.

2 month wait!

#

Was told free insurance and rust protection + window film and some other stuff.

They said 6000 new Rangers is ordered thorughout Thailand, so a bit waiting time must be expected.

I will try to shop around for a quicker delivery - but not sure about that.

Ordered my 2.2 Wildtrac, no free insurance, only free glass tint. I will push for more.. there are 10 Wildtracs on back order at Rama 2 road branch, so they must be happy.

2 month wait!

I have a 2 month wait from here and I ordered in December!

I have been told that there is a good chance of delivery in April (i.e. 2 1/2 month wait from yesterday when I went and spoke to the dealer) and I booked at the motor show in November.

I have already asked if i change spec will i get it sooner (I am also already through nature of my work, likely to be given a car at first possible instance) and the only option is going to an XLT then adding leather interior myself and that would get me a car in Feb; any sort of wildtrak last time I spoke was all going to be coming in April.

I have asked a bunch of questions to see if 2WD or 2.2 will come earlier than the 3.2; it seems likely that may be the case given they still cannot tell me spec or price of the 3.2.

Anyhow, seems like I will have a fun 2nd car anyhow, so it's not the end of the world to be late, but not exactly helping me think Ford know what they are doing.....

Edited by steveromagnino

My rep at Ford called me again today to reminded me that if I didn't want to wait for the Wildtrak, then I could pick up a XLT or even a Mazda BT50, which he reckons I can have almost straight away. He says the comparable BT-50 model has all the features of the Wildtrak and is about 20 or 30K cheaper. I'm all confuzzled!

Saw a 2.2L Double-Cab XLT Hi-Rider in the "Aurora Blue" the other and I was surprised at how great it looked. Almost like a "candy" color, and much brighter than it looks on the website and in the brochure.

Ford dealer in Lamlukka has a blue XLT on the lot and it does look like a candy color, almost Cobalt Blue. In the sun these colors POP, can't wait to get behind the wheel, but since I ordered the 3.2, not even any new info since show Glad I ordered during all the promo stuf, as our deposit shows all the goodies!!!

Saw a 2.2L Double-Cab XLT Hi-Rider in the "Aurora Blue" the other and I was surprised at how great it looked. Almost like a "candy" color, and much brighter than it looks on the website and in the brochure.

Ford dealer in Lamlukka has a blue XLT on the lot and it does look like a candy color, almost Cobalt Blue. In the sun these colors POP, can't wait to get behind the wheel, but since I ordered the 3.2, not even any new info since show Glad I ordered during all the promo stuf, as our deposit shows all the goodies!!!

Aurora Blue would def be my first choice on XLT, looks stunning in combo with all the chrome

When I've order my XLT,I was told,that some colors will not be available here,so I've ordered the silver,but was going to change it to white...till yesterday,when passing by the dealer I saw some Rangers on display and surprisingly there was a Sparkling Gold and Gunsmoke Blue out there,White and Aurora Blue as well...I'm changing to Gold,it really looks great !

My rep at Ford called me again today to reminded me that if I didn't want to wait for the Wildtrak, then I could pick up a XLT or even a Mazda BT50, which he reckons I can have almost straight away. He says the comparable BT-50 model has all the features of the Wildtrak and is about 20 or 30K cheaper. I'm all confuzzled!

I was at Mazda Pattaya this Sunday, they had 3 BT-50 (in real they look much better).... Test drive ready on tuesday, the 3.2 Full option Auto with Leather is 998.000... only cooled console, rear view camera electric Seat is missing ready in 3-6 Weeks and 170KG less then the Ford... I love the dashboard...

I was at Mazda Pattaya this Sunday, they had 3 BT-50 (in real they look much better).... Test drive ready on tuesday, the 3.2 Full option Auto with Leather is 998.000... only cooled console, rear view camera electric Seat is missing ready in 3-6 Weeks and 170KG less then the Ford... I love the dashboard...

So the top model bt-50 also has hill descent control, trailer sway control, side and curtian airbags, etc, that should be available on the ranger 3.2? That's interesting that it could be available before the ranger - it could potentially steal some sales of the ford who seem to be taking their time getting it ready for customers here.

So the top model bt-50 also has hill descent control, trailer sway control, side and curtian airbags, etc, that should be available on the ranger 3.2? That's interesting that it could be available before the ranger - it could potentially steal some sales of the ford who seem to be taking their time getting it ready for customers here.

I have the Brochure from Mazda, but all in Thai....

I have the Brochure from Mazda, but all in Thai....

The BT50 has...

DSC Dynamic Stability Control

TSA Trailer Sway Mitigation

EBD Electronic Force Distribution

BOS Brake override system

ESS Emergency Stop Signal

Roll over Mitigation

Hill descend control

Hill launch assist

only Dual Air Bag....

less the 1 million, good for the first time Thai Buyer, who like the 5 cylinder...

The BT50 has...

Roll over Mitigation

Hill descend control

Hill launch assist

only Dual Air Bag....

less the 1 million, good for the first time Thai Buyer, who like the 5 cylinder...

Why is Ford Thailand stalling on the specs? The 2.2 sounds good enough, but even the Wildtrak doesn't have half the features the Aussies are getting. Surely, this is a great opportunity to beat the opposition here in Thailand, but they're not offering us everything they can :(

The BT50 has...

Roll over Mitigation

Hill descend control

Hill launch assist

only Dual Air Bag....

Why is Ford Thailand stalling on the specs? The 2.2 sounds good enough, but even the Wildtrak doesn't have half the features the Aussies are getting. Surely, this is a great opportunity to beat the opposition here in Thailand, but they're not offering us everything they can sad.png

Check out the price the Aussies are paying, no wonder they get more! The 3.2 Wildtrack is loaded and the big stall is 4x4 models. They say parts commming from othe locations, but still haven't release pricing yet on 3.2. As for the Mazda, the 4X4 is still not available for a while, and since Ford and Mazda are sharing factoies and power plants for their trucks, no reason one should be ready and not other! I was also called by Mazda dealer from show, but when we ask about 4X4 got the runaround. Lines are better on Ford styling,and the 3.2 Wildtrack has a lot more standard items the Mazda, and I want the CHILI ORANGE!!!

When I've order my XLT,I was told,that some colors will not be available here,so I've ordered the silver,but was going to change it to white...till yesterday,when passing by the dealer I saw some Rangers on display and surprisingly there was a Sparkling Gold and Gunsmoke Blue out there,White and Aurora Blue as well...I'm changing to Gold,it really looks great !

Post a picture when you get it. Would love to see the Gold.

I picked up my Aurora Blue XLT 2.2 Auto Hi-Rider on Sunday. Very pleased with it (apart from a glovebox rattle - which is going back). We got some of the negotiated extras, but some are still on back order and were told we should get them within a week. We also purchased the chrome sports bar and bed liner which also didn't arrive and is on back order. Hopefully soon, as I think the added chrome adds to the appearance of the vehicle. After the bedliner installation, I will have to track down an aftermarket soft vinyl tonneau cover. Either domed or velco'd. The Ford Australia website advertise them as an accessory for about $680, but I am sure you could get one much cheaper than that here. Possibly even custom made, much cheaper. A very minor thing, but a light in the glove box wouldn't go amiss. I'm trying to track down a handbook in ENGLISH, as the Thai version is no good to me. I haven't mastered the written Thai language yet.....

Other than that, I am "over-the-moon", happy as....Also getting lots of stares and sideways looks at the sparkling, metallic blue from neighbouring cars, bike riders and pedestrians. Really is a standout vehicle.

The BT50 has...

Roll over Mitigation

Hill descend control

Hill launch assist

only Dual Air Bag....

Why is Ford Thailand stalling on the specs? The 2.2 sounds good enough, but even the Wildtrak doesn't have half the features the Aussies are getting. Surely, this is a great opportunity to beat the opposition here in Thailand, but they're not offering us everything they can sad.png

Check out the price the Aussies are paying, no wonder they get more! The 3.2 Wildtrack is loaded and the big stall is 4x4 models. They say parts commming from othe locations, but still haven't release pricing yet on 3.2. As for the Mazda, the 4X4 is still not available for a while, and since Ford and Mazda are sharing factoies and power plants for their trucks, no reason one should be ready and not other! I was also called by Mazda dealer from show, but when we ask about 4X4 got the runaround. Lines are better on Ford styling,and the 3.2 Wildtrack has a lot more standard items the Mazda, and I want the CHILI ORANGE!!!

I've seen the Aussie prices. I'm just a tad peeved about Ford's approach here in Thailand. For a start, why no USB input on the stereo for non Wildtrak? Surely they save by having one standard audio unit across all models. My 11 yr old strada has USB audio - a massive 3000bt cost to change the stereo ;-). I imagine trying to upgrade the stereo on the XLT post purchase is gonna cost an arm & a leg. A few other accessories thrown in as standard or even as an optional extra would be appreciated. If Mazda can offer the 3.2 with extra features NOW, why can't Ford?

Sparkling Gold,Cool White & Gunsmoke Blue

Where are those colours on show?

Ford CM

Thanks, will have a look at that gunmetal blue tomorrow :)

That's where I had a test drive about 2 weeks ago. Still no phone call.....

Edited by MESmith

Sparkling Gold,Cool White & Gunsmetal Blue

IMO - the gold looks like LIGHT BROWN (in the photo). I hope it looks more goldy and more sparkly in real lfe....

They still conducting some heavy construction there..lots of dust everywhere...

post-60959-0-35601900-1327333992_thumb.j

After reading the post on the BT50, I went to the website and reviewed the Mazda, just to re-assure myself that I have done the right thing buying the Aurora Blue XLT Ranger. I am glad I bought the Ford. The Mazda may have the leading edge on a few of the specs, but dam_n...that thing is seriously PIG UGLY !!!!

Edited by Kabinretiree

As I said you have to see the BT-50 in real.

I like to buy a ranger but 3.2 and not the Wildtrak, I like the clean look from the xlt, but no 3.2 available, no remote on the steering on the xlt.

I like the D max but old engine and auto.

The colorado has the worst interior.

And if you compare the interior, the mazda wins the race.

I will order a Bt 50 in black, take the siderails of, change the chrome on the mirrors and grill to black.

15cm lower and 22" on. race chip will bring 50 horses with 200kg less then a wildtrak.

Would be fun to drive... With the v8 sound from the 5 cylinder... That's what the oz magazines are saying.