Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

After the now famous letters coming from Ford apologizing/notifying that for the Ranger Wildtrak is delayed until June and the letter offer to change to a XLT manual 6 speed or automatic 6 speed if we can not wait. Today we called Ford and changed our order to New Ford Ranger Double Cab 2.2L 4x4 XLT 6AT. They told us the new XLT models will start being available march 1st.

I don't think Ford offers the 2.2 XLT 4x4 in AT gearbox right? It's not listed. Correct me if I'm wrong. Might want to double check with your sales person

They do indeed have a XLT AT in 4X4 4dr, and though not listed, told I could get one immediately from dealer today> We go in tomorrow to see about trading car in and financing. I am looking at the True Red, and is available at factory ready now, not sure of any other colors!

The red looks great, especially with some big black/chrome wheels:)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the now famous letters coming from Ford apologizing/notifying that for the Ranger Wildtrak is delayed until June and the letter offer to change to a XLT manual 6 speed or automatic 6 speed if we can not wait. Today we called Ford and changed our order to New Ford Ranger Double Cab 2.2L 4x4 XLT 6AT. They told us the new XLT models will start being available march 1st.

I don't think Ford offers the 2.2 XLT 4x4 in AT gearbox right? It's not listed. Correct me if I'm wrong. Might want to double check with your sales person

They do indeed have a XLT AT in 4X4 4dr, and though not listed, told I could get one immediately from dealer today> We go in tomorrow to see about trading car in and financing. I am looking at the True Red, and is available at factory ready now, not sure of any other colors!

My dealer was at first in the dark about XLT AT 4x4 4dr but I showed them the letter from Ford and they called ford corp and it was cleared up quickly. Said it would ship as soon as March 1st.

My dealer was at first in the dark about XLT AT 4x4 4dr but I showed them the letter from Ford and they called ford corp and it was cleared up quickly. Said it would ship as soon as March 1st.

I would trust it when I sat in it, not before that.

899,000 - no usb, no bluetooth

Engine

• Duratorq TDCi 2.2L VG Turbo Intercooler
    Max power 150 PS, Max torque 375 Nm
    6-speed auto transmission

Key Features

• Double wishbone with coil spring / Leaf springs
  • Rack and Pinion with power assist steering system
  • Limited Slip Rear Differential
  • 17" alloy wheel with 265/65R17
  • Front fog lamps
  • Side steps
  • Auto headlamps
  • Power foldable side Mirrors with turning indicator
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • FM/AM stereo radio, single CD/MP3 player with AUX-in
  • 4 speakers (XLT)
  • Large screen color matrix multi-function display
  • Remote flip key
  • ABS with EBD
  • Dual front airbags

Smart packaging by Ford - by using the smaller engine and excluding leather and some other features like DVD's/Touchscreens and GPS, they've set a new low price point for an otherwise top-spec 4x4 AT..

By comparison:

Mitsubishi Triton 4-door 2.5L 5AT GLS-Ltd - 952K

Nissan Navara 4-door 3.5L 5AT SV-DVD - 954K

Hilux Vigo G 4-door 3.0L 4AT - 981K

Mazda BT-50 4-door 3.2L 6AT R ABS D/C/L - 988K

Isuzu D-Max 4-door 3.0L V-Cross Z-Prestige Navi - 991K

Chevy Colorado 4-door 2.8L 6AT LTZ-Z71 - 998K

Engine

Key Features

• Front fog lamps
  • Side steps
  • Auto headlamps
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • 4 speakers (XLT)
  • Remote flip key
  • ABS with EBD
  • Dual front airbags

Smart packaging by Ford - by using the smaller engine and excluding leather and some other features like DVD's/Touchscreens and GPS, they've set a new low price point for an otherwise top-spec 4x4 AT..

By comparison:

you're quoting prices for 2X4 versions, the ones we were talking about were the 2.2,AT, 4dr, 4X4, and its hard to find an AT in 4X4 less then a million Baht!!!

Engine

Key Features

• Front fog lamps
  • Side steps
  • Auto headlamps
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • 4 speakers (XLT)
  • Remote flip key
  • ABS with EBD
  • Dual front airbags

By comparison:

you're quoting prices for 2X4 versions, the ones we were talking about were the 2.2,AT, 4dr, 4X4, and its hard to find an AT in 4X4 less then a million Baht!!!

Hehehe, no I'm not - all the above are 4x4 ;)

Engine

Key Features

• Front fog lamps
  • Side steps
  • Auto headlamps
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • 4 speakers (XLT)
  • Remote flip key
  • ABS with EBD
  • Dual front airbags

By comparison:

Ford Ranger 4DR 2.2 XLT 4WD 6AT 899k winner!

Personally I would like a 4DR 3.2 XLT 4WD 6AT with all the extras of a Wildtrack but without the extra body kit and roll bars etc.. I think the XLT looks better.

And the sports bar / side rails might need removing to fit a canopy anyway! That's a waste of money, or could we get the canopy fitted in liew of these sports add-ons?

Engine

Key Features

• Front fog lamps
  • Side steps
  • Auto headlamps
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • 4 speakers (XLT)
  • Remote flip key
  • ABS with EBD
  • Dual front airbags

By comparison:

Ford Ranger 4DR 2.2 XLT 4WD 6AT 899k winner!

Plus Free first class insurance! We were at the Isuzu dealer yesterday and was Quoted 1,020.000 if you want Bedliner and insurance! And also wait 2 monthe or more for a truck!!

Edited by Backwoods

But will it have 6 airbags and the other extras the WT gets? If not, I wont want it.

only 3.2 WT has six air bags

And 6 way power seats, duel AC controls, Rear camera with mirror display,cooler built in console, 18' wheels and tires, sports bar,Hill decent/desent assitance, leather seats roof and side rails for bed among others, but told in honesty, still may be later in year before we see them, I am getting tired of the date change game! Took us almost 4 months to get a price! Seems they don't need to find extra parts to send them to Australia, they can get a price and delivery date when they order one!

Id rather have the xlt too, especially since they come with chrome accents usually associated with the premium models not the base model esk plastic, that said the chilli orange works well with the black and resale will be higher on the WT, Im most interested in the proper side airbags and will wait for that, by the time the 2012 wt is finally released it might as well be a 2013.

hm the XLT does sound tempting. But I like the creature-comforts of the WT version. I already gave up waiting on the Ford WT and the longer I wait, the more the looks of the BT-50 Pro is starting to grow on me. Gonna take a more in-depth look in-person at the BT-50 this wknd. Good job Ford!

Edited by mr3cho

hm the XLT does sound tempting. But I like the creature-comforts of the WT version. I already gave up waiting on the Ford WT and the longer I wait, the more the looks of the BT-50 Pro is starting to grow on me. Gonna take a more in-depth look in-person at the BT-50 this wknd. Good job Ford!

Do it, really nice, better interior...

With nice rims the BT -50 looks great... The Mazda dealer in Pattaya told me I was No.3 here... will follow up soon... I will see on www.BT-50club.com when the first ones get delivered.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Just noticed this posted on the Ford page;

(Wanted) Plant Launch Manager (Rayong Based)

http://th.jobsdb.com/TH/TH/Search/JobAdSingleDetail?jobsIdList=300003000326584

It seems they need a new Plant Manager.

I wonder what happened to the last one?

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

hahah...nice find! I'd say the last guy royally f'ed up the following ...

Principal Responsibilities and Duties:

• Manage the new product launch consistent with the Ford Process
  • Provide direction and leadership and prioritize the day to day activities of the plant launch team.
  • Develop the plant launch timing plan
  • Select and develop the plant launch organization
  • Develop the launch budget working with Launch Planning & Workforce Readiness, New Model

Just noticed this posted on the Ford page;

(Wanted) Plant Launch Manager (Rayong Based)

http://th.jobsdb.com/TH/TH/Search/JobAdSingleDetail?jobsIdList=300003000326584

It seems they need a new Plant Manager.

I wonder what happened to the last one?

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

hahah...nice find! I'd say the last guy royally f'ed up the following ...

Principal Responsibilities and Duties:

• Manage the new product launch consistent with the Ford Process
  • Provide direction and leadership and prioritize the day to day activities of the plant launch team.
  • Develop the plant launch timing plan
  • Select and develop the plant launch organization
  • Develop the launch budget working with Launch Planning & Workforce Readiness, New Model

ouch... says it all hugh..good find for sure.....more votes for the Pro...as someone said the look grows on ya...

New communication from Ford APA on their facebook page:

All New Ranger Production and Delivery Delays

by Ford Asia Pacific and Africa on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 1:10pm ·

With the All-New Ford Ranger, we set out to design and deliver a truck that would redefine Best-in-Class. Last October, as we began to ramp up for our production launch, Thailand was hit by catastrophic floods that severely impacted millions of people and disrupted numerous industries, including automotive. While Ford’s production facilities were not flooded, the impact to our Thailand-based suppliers has been immense, with many of them still struggling to return to normal production levels.

Obviously, this has had a profound impact on our original launch plan for the All-New Ford Ranger, putting us about three months behind schedule. We have an aggressive plan to get us back on our original schedule and while we are working closely with our suppliers to help them return to normal production as quickly as possible, we are continuing to experience shortages for certain minor trim parts.

No Ford Ranger will leave our manufacturing facility until it is has met our stringent requirements. This means that until every one of the Ford Ranger’s over 3,800 components is perfectly in place, we will not ship the vehicle to our customers.

Ford produces the Ranger locally for both the Thai market and export sales. We remain absolutely committed to our customers in all of our markets and we are delivering the new Ranger as per the original production allocations. With the delay in our launch production, we are not yet able to ship at the volume we had planned, but we are maintaining the market allocation ratios for each shipment.

In Thailand, the response to the new Ford Ranger has been tremendous, with sales outpacing the previous generation by nearly four times. More than 2,000 new Ford Rangers have already been delivered to Thai customers across the country. However, we recognize that we have a large number of customers who have been inconvenienced by production delays. We are working hard to expedite shipping to each of our customers who are currently awaiting delivery of their new Ranger. On behalf of everyone at Ford Thailand, we offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced by our customers.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/ford-asia-pacific-and-africa/all-new-ranger-production-and-delivery-delays/10150630751398805

Personally I would like a 4DR 3.2 XLT 4WD 6AT with all the extras of a Wildtrack but without the extra body kit and roll bars etc.. I think the XLT looks better.

Rumor is 4DR 3.2 XLT 4WD 6AT will be available for 999,000

Where did you get this rumor as I just spent over 2 hour with Ford dealer today and 3.2 is not even in the works for thailand! Plant in Rayong says no AT, 4dr 4X4's have been delivered anywhere, just the MT!!

Where did you get this rumor as I just spent over 2 hour with Ford dealer today and 3.2 is not even in the works for thailand! Plant in Rayong says no AT, 4dr 4X4's have been delivered anywhere, just the MT!!

3.2L definitely *is* in the works - Ford have publicly promoted the 3.2L Wildtrak, they just haven't yet supplied official pricing for it...

According to my sources, there will be a 3.2L XLT later in the year, but my sources are suggesting it'll give you a reasonable amount of change out of 1M Baht - i.e. mid 950's, give or take...

here is a response from Ford Thailand on their facbook page regarding delivery forecasts...

- We expect that all Ranger XLT orders placed prior to mid-February will be delivered within March/April timing.

- As we have recently informed our Wildtrak 2.2L customers, it is unlikely we can deliver all of our orders before June.

- For Wildtrak 3.2L customers, we expect to start deliveries in May, but are unlikely to be able to deliver our first five-hundred orders before July.

This is the best delivery forecast information that we can provide at this time. We are doing everything we can to try and improve this situation and accelerate deliveries, and will communicate updates to our customers as we make progress.

Edited by mr3cho

The rumor for 3.2 WT is from the net like the Bangkok Post and Ford at the auto show. At the show 3.2 WT was set be be available to order sometime in April with not price set but a rumor of about 1.049 to 1.1 million. XLT 3.2 rumor was from the show and the net but not available until end of 2012 with no price just leaving us to guess at 999. As to the 2.2 XLT 4x4 AT I was told to call March 1st to confirm my order change since my 4x4 WT date is too far into the future for me wait.

Plus www.ford.co.th has under models both WT 3.2 and XLT 4x4 AT 2.2 but no current price listing for either model.

Edited by gosompoi

I agree 100%, this is why I ordered the Mazda and even the side rails I will take off...

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

How long is the wait times for new Mazda BT-50 3.2 4x4?

3.2L definitely *is* in the works - Ford have publicly promoted the 3.2L Wildtrak, they just haven't yet supplied official pricing for it...

According to my sources, there will be a 3.2L XLT later in the year, but my sources are suggesting it'll give you a reasonable amount of change out of 1M Baht - i.e. mid 950's, give or take...

The 3.2 Wildtrack official price is 1,049000 THB quoted on paper from my dealer and said it now official price, but no delivery date. The 2.2 XLT 4X4 will be 899,000THB. Spent 2 hrs at dealers today, and because of a misinformation from Rayong on availability, failed to complete a deal on a AT 4X4 2.2 XLT that is supposed to be released Mar 1st. Seems someone missed the AT part!!