Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

The 3.2 Wildtrack official price is 1,049000 THB quoted on paper from my dealer and said it now official price, but no delivery date. The 2.2 XLT 4X4 will be 899,000THB. Spent 2 hrs at dealers today, and because of a misinformation from Rayong on availability, failed to complete a deal on a AT 4X4 2.2 XLT that is supposed to be released Mar 1st. Seems someone missed the AT part!!

Did they give you any date on the XLT AT or is that a big dark black whole...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3.2 Wildtrack official price is 1,049000 THB quoted on paper from my dealer and said it now official price, but no delivery date. The 2.2 XLT 4X4 will be 899,000THB. Spent 2 hrs at dealers today, and because of a misinformation from Rayong on availability, failed to complete a deal on a AT 4X4 2.2 XLT that is supposed to be released Mar 1st. Seems someone missed the AT part!!

by end of March no longer than April, but all dates have changed so many times, I don't believe anything any more!

by end of March no longer than April, but all dates have changed so many times, I don't believe anything any more!

do you believe 2013?

for the long wait they should offer us Wildtrak 3.2 4x4 AT for 999,000 if we wait. disappointing does express it!

At the motor show, the salesperson sheepishly said November 2012 for the 3.2 WT - it's looking more believable as the weeks / months pass...

Lets see what happens, I put a deposit on Wildtrack At 4X4, 3.2 in Dec, and tried to change it to XLT AT 4X4 that was supposed to be out as of 1st,(today), but still no idea when, so put a deposit on a Toyota Vigo,AT 4X4, G model, white today, and told both first one to deliver I buy theirs and get money back from others!! Game is on, lets see who wins the race, and either way I am a winner!!

Also it seems the first class insurance is free only for the XLT models - not for the wildtrak.

That was also the case last month.

Or never the case, if they beleive it'll cost them the sale wink.png

How much would the insurance on the 3.2 be?

Also it seems the first class insurance is free only for the XLT models - not for the wildtrak.

That was also the case last month.

Or never the case, if they beleive it'll cost them the sale wink.png

How much would the insurance on the 3.2 be?

First class insurance would be a around 20,000-22,000 baht

Thanks, I bet if there is no free insurance, there won't be much free accessories on offer too?

On another note, if one was to book a vehicle at the next motor show, is that time to discuss free accessories, or is that done later, nearer the time the vehicle becomes available?

I went to Mazda today. The inside of the Mazda is nicer than the ford, the nose of the Mazda looks different but much better in person than the pictures. The front end does grow a little on you too. I still the the ford front end but I now do not dislike the mazda nose. I figure I am not going to be looking outside as much as I am going to be inside driving. The mazda did drive more like a car with better features inside.

WT 2.2..AT.........WT 3.2.AT..............Mazda 3.2 4x4 AT

969,000..............1,049,000...............981,000 (white color is 7,000 baht less than listed on internet)

no insur...............no insur.................free 1st insur

--.........................backup sensors.....Backup sensors

--.........................backup camera......optional backup camera extra from Mazda

Leather...............Leather..................Leather

--........................TCS........................TCS

ABS ...................ABS .......................ABS

USB....................USB........................USB

Bluetooth.............Bluetooth..............Bluetooth

tax discount..........-- .........................tax discount

--........................seat belt minder......seat belt minder

--....................... alarm system..........optional alarm extra from Mazda

2 air bags...........6 air bags...............2 air bags

17"x7.0 wheels...18"x7.5" wheels......17"x8.0" wheels

voice control.......voice control...........voice control

cruise control......cruise control..........cruise control

Puddle lamps Puddles lamps --

--.........................12v socket in bed.. optional extra

manual a/c...........dual zone climate dual zone climate

-- ........................ hill decent control hill decent control

-- .........................hill launch..............hill lanuch

-- .........................trailer sway control trailer sway control

-- .........................roll over control roll over control

roof rails...............roof rails................ --

sports bar.............sports bar.............. --

ship date June......After June..............Before the end of April

The wildtrak 4x4 2.2 AT has a tax discount for 91,000 baht.

The Wildtrak 4x4 3.2 AT does not qualify for tax discount.

The Mazda 3.2 4x4 AT Leather has a discount of 98,000 baht.

Final Cost wildtrak 2.2 4x4 AT 969,000 - 91,000 + 18,000 insurance = 896,000

Final Cost wildtrak 3.2 4x4 AT 1,049,000 + 18,000 insurance = 1,067,000

Final Cost Mazda 3.2 4x4 AT 981,000 - 98,000 + free insurance = 883,000

I liked how the Mazda drove, it's handling style was better for everyday driving just like a car. I ordered the top Mazda, I get the 3.2 4x4 AT with almost everything from the 3.2 Wildtrak for 184,000 baht less. I also do not have an ugly orange strip on my seats and inside the truck. Now I need my deposit back from Ford. Mazda also said if the truck did not arrive before the end of April I could have my deposit back but still wait for it to arrive then buy it if I want.

Edited by gosompoi

Comparing all the factors like you did, the BT-50 is clearly top choice and best value for money. However, the car remains ugly, and looking at it in reality does not change anything. I guess it is rather the factor that you get used to it. So I consider the better price tag as an adjustment to the punitive damage suffering by daily looking at this car's front.

I would probably go for the Mazda now over waiting for the Ford if it wasn't for the Mazda's 2 air bags vs 6 air bags in the Ford. The other differences I could live with but the extra safety of the Ford is a very big advantage.

The front of the Maza looks great with an off road bumper fitted. Still don't like the back though.

However, the car remains ugly, and looking at it in reality does not change anything.

:lol:

Looks are subjective criteria

That is why they make Chevy's & Ford's......or in this case Ford's & Mazda's ;)

I have to agree the Mazda does look exponentially better on the hoof than in the photos.

Personally, I think all the new models: Ford, Chevy, Mazda and Isuzu all look good.

I thought the tax incentive already expired, no? Either way, I'd rather not get locked into having to hang on to a vehicle for five years.

If I had Ford XLT exterior and Mazda interior it would be a perfect looking truck. I think the Ford console is ugly, stereo, fake carbon fiber on WT and Wildtrak flaming orange accents are terrible. The Mazda inside has none of these style flaws inside. The Ford outside is the best looking truck on the road and the Mazda is not. The nose of the Mazda from the inside allows for better driving views and is not as rounded as the pictures look. The tailgate on the mazda.... what where they thinking but I am not going to be looking at my own tail end! But like I said, I am going to go with what looks good on the inside, and 185,000 baht difference. I think all the extra crap on 3.2 Wildtrak is ugly, example the sports bar, roof rails, bed rails, orange leather accents, carbon fire plastic panels, grey colored mirrors and bumper color. Sitting inside the Madza looking out it feels, looks and drives like 2,000,000 baht sports coupe.

Edited by gosompoi

I have to agree the Mazda does look exponentially better on the hoof than in the photos.

Personally, I think all the new models: Ford, Chevy, Mazda and Isuzu all look good.

I thought the tax incentive already expired, no? Either way, I'd rather not get locked into having to hang on to a vehicle for five years.

Tax break expires Oct 15, 2012

If I had Ford XLT exterior and Mazda interior it would be a perfect looking truck. I think the Ford console is ugly, stereo, fake carbon fiber on WT and Wildtrak flaming orange accents are terrible. The Mazda inside has none of these style flaws inside. The Ford outside is the best looking truck on the road and the Mazda is not. The nose of the Mazda from the inside allows for better driving views and is not as rounded as the pictures look. The tailgate on the mazda.... what where they thinking but I am not going to be looking at my own tail end! But like I said, I am going to go with what looks good on the inside, and 185,000 baht difference. I think all the extra crap on 3.2 Wildtrak is ugly, example the sports bar, roof rails, bed rails, orange leather accents, carbon fire plastic panels, grey colored mirrors and bumper color. Sitting inside the Madza looking out it feels, looks and drives like 2,000,000 baht sports coupe.

Orange accents OK to me, because one I ordered was Chili Orange! I want a truck, not a car, or SUV with a bed, thats why I went with Ford. Also if you believe they will release the 3,2 that early, you are draming just like us Ford guys, its a marketing thing I think, make you wait! As for them Ugly extras, those are what some of us are buying thte Wildtrack for. But some like all the sissy comforts of a car, I like the looks of Ford, have driven Fords for many years, and still waiting!

I totally agree...

I saw one Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 in chili orange at pratumnak hill with a boot on the trailer this morning...

You know if they released just one, and drove it around Bangkok for a few days, there would be riots around Ford dealers!

Reports from Aus,

Dealers are only allocated 2 Wildtraks a month, and most saying booked up till the end of 2012.

That would be a painful wait, if you booked tomorrow you wouldn't see it till 2013 :-(