Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

I ordered the gold 2.2 Wildtrax.

Was thinking about the 3.2, but I live in Bangkok and drive in the city mainly so I decided to stick with the 2.2, plus I cant be bothered waiting....

But, anyone know when the BT-50's 3.2 come out? Just curious.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking about the 3.2, but I live in Bangkok and drive in the city mainly so I decided to stick with the 2.2, plus I cant be bothered waiting....

I didn't know they did a Gold colour Wildtrak. At the time I ordered mine there was a choice of Cool White, Black Mica, Highlight Silver, Metropolitan Grey (plus the Chili Orange for 3.2)

Wildtrack doesn't come in gold according to brochure, website and dealer! Only XLT, XLS, and XL, so if you ordered gold your getting a Ranger but not Wildtrack!!

Wildtrack doesn't come in gold according to brochure, website and dealer! Only XLT, XLS, and XL, so if you ordered gold your getting a Ranger but not Wildtrack!!

WebBangkok: you better go have a nice little chat with your sales person.

I finished an instal on a friends accord 08, i use metradash kit and cleaned up the messy button layout on it....looks really clean, with the ranger MRO is right you stand to lose a lot of the functionality, with the accord for example only the aircon feedback works on the oem display, the rest of the info is displayed on the 2din 7" display. as stefan said theres likely to be an aftermarket kit made available for this and more importantly the everest when available....still crossing my fingers for a q4 release, is there any concrete information or pictures on the everest yet, amazing no leaks just yet.

I mean the Orange one. I keep calling it gold and th wifey likes to keep correcting me too. Its a orangey gold.

I still dont know how I will put a DVD screen in nicely.

I am hoping ford bring out custom dvd player that replaces the current screen with a bigger one and the options also still available with it.

The flip downs IMO look a little nasty and flimsy.

I mean the Orange one. I keep calling it gold and th wifey likes to keep correcting me too. Its a orangey gold.

Just for reference, the color is Chili Orange

meh, not a fan of the raptor look. i think the wt would look better if it retained the chromed door handles, grill and mirors. im sure there is aftermarket solutions available, id go with the xlt if it came with the extra airbags and features on the wt model. Will replace my truck with the 3.2 WT chilli orange if it ever becomes available, stopped inquiring at ford when, will just wait and buy when available.

meh, not a fan of the raptor look. i think the wt would look better if it retained the chromed door handles, grill and mirors. im sure there is aftermarket solutions available, id go with the xlt if it came with the extra airbags and features on the wt model. Will replace my truck with the 3.2 WT chilli orange if it ever becomes available, stopped inquiring at ford when, will just wait and buy when available.

Latest quote from Ford Thailand is may, I'm done waiting, have done some paperwork for a Toyata Hylux Vigo 4dr, 4X4 G model. I am tired of not only waiting, but all the lies by dealers, and Ford itself! I trusted them with a deposit for a truck with no price, date of delivery, or info given to dealers! They can stick that Chili Orange thing, next week, I'll be driving a white Toyota!

Latest quote from Ford Thailand is may, I'm done waiting, have done some paperwork for a Toyata Hylux Vigo 4dr, 4X4 G model. I am tired of not only waiting, but all the lies by dealers, and Ford itself! I trusted them with a deposit for a truck with no price, date of delivery, or info given to dealers! They can stick that Chili Orange thing, next week, I'll be driving a white Toyota!

Watch out for another petulant new Vigo driver sneering at each and every shiny, new Ford next month.

Seen a few new Rangers on the road in the last few days...........

Is there any choice in colour ? all the ones I have seen have been Blue.

The Udon dealership had Aurora Blue ones mostly last month but have seen other colours on the streets or on transporters. I have seen red ones (both varieties), the gold one and the Pattaya dealership had a Gunmetal Blue on the stand.

Seen a few new Rangers on the road in the last few days...........

Is there any choice in colour ? all the ones I have seen have been Blue.

The Udon dealership had Aurora Blue ones mostly last month but have seen other colours on the streets or on transporters. I have seen red ones (both varieties), the gold one and the Pattaya dealership had a Gunmetal Blue on the stand.

The Aurora Blue seems popular in Chiang Mai, or maybe I keep seeing the same one ;-) When I ordered my Gunmetal Blue last month they had most colours on the forecourt awaiting collection.

Watch out for another petulant new Vigo driver sneering at each and every shiny, new Ford next month.

I'l just be sneering at you guys with the fords with little engines, as the Reals ones,(3.2) won't be found next month! Could have had one of the cheap versions, but wasn't going to comprimise! And No one still knows if the issue was fixed of the delayed accelerator, so no problem, I but new every 3-4 years, by then who knows what kind of concept will be promised and not delivered!!

I'l just be sneering at you guys with the fords with little engines, as the Reals ones,(3.2) won't be found next month! Could have had one of the cheap versions, but wasn't going to comprimise! And No one still knows if the issue was fixed of the delayed accelerator, so no problem, I but new every 3-4 years, by then who knows what kind of concept will be promised and not delivered!!

....and you need 4x4 and 3.2 for....?

I need 3.2 and 4X4 for me!! I got this one, next one I buy, I'll let you choose!! Since Ford forgot who its cutomers are or what they make, and can't figure out how or when to deliver, I'll go another way, but thank you for the real concern, let me know when you are ready and I'll help you decide too!!

Edited by Backwoods

I need 3.2 and 4X4 for me!! I got this one, next one I buy, I'll let you choose!! Since Ford forgot who its cutomers are or what they make, and can't figure out how or when to deliver, I'll go another way, but thank you for the real concern, let me know when you are ready and I'll help you decide too!!

Sounds like so much JAVO to me.

I retired from the Army , driving jeeps, trucks, and hummers, all 4X4, after retiring, was a big game guide, and all my personal vehicles have been 4X4. When iferst moving here I let wife choose Yaris, and after lots of flaring torn off and driving through water almost to the headlights, never gonna have a car ever again!! If you need 4X4 or more power just once, it is worth the price, and like I stated, my personal preference! Been driving for 42 years now, and know what I like! Not sure why you seem to express what you think I need or why I need it? They sell lots of trucks in different model and colors so you can pick anc choose "YOUR OWN", so thats what I did! So, do we now need to discuss why I am changing wheels and tires also?? Its not a macho thing, but yes I am a definate American Redneck, I live here by choice, and would have a rack with a shotgun in the back window if I were allowed one! I also carried a handgun from the time I was 19, till the day I moved over here, again all my choices!! Thanks again for placing your personal opinion on my life choices!!

I retired from the Army , driving jeeps, trucks, and hummers, all 4X4, after retiring, was a big game guide, and all my personal vehicles have been 4X4. When iferst moving here I let wife choose Yaris, and after lots of flaring torn off and driving through water almost to the headlights, never gonna have a car ever again!! If you need 4X4 or more power just once, it is worth the price, and like I stated, my personal preference! Been driving for 42 years now, and know what I like! Not sure why you seem to express what you think I need or why I need it? They sell lots of trucks in different model and colors so you can pick anc choose "YOUR OWN", so thats what I did! So, do we now need to discuss why I am changing wheels and tires also?? Its not a macho thing, but yes I am a definate American Redneck, I live here by choice, and would have a rack with a shotgun in the back window if I were allowed one! I also carried a handgun from the time I was 19, till the day I moved over here, again all my choices!! Thanks again for placing your personal opinion on my life choices!!

...so,are you getting your Vigo next week ??!...just asking...

...so,are you getting your Vigo next week ??!...just asking...

Yes, I put a deposit on it last month, figuring if Ford came though,OK, If not, not waiting month after month excuses! Was promised a refund if needed from both, so next week go to Ford to give them the news! Did papers today for financing and told 3-4 days and truck will arrive by then!!! No more waiting!!

id reconsider on the vigo mate, i remember when the vigo came out it was so much more substantial inside and especially outside than the previous tiger and had a roadholding presence which in my oppinion looked better than the triton, navara and ranger pickups and suvs, but now its really long in the tooth. the interiors were never amazing but now they just feel dated when compared to the new dmax but especially the ranger. At risk of comming off as the forum ford fanboy but im very impressed with the 2.2l i drove around 2 weeks, has a big truck feel to it (for los standards), whilst not as practical in the back sois is something worth waiting for in my oppinion. pisses the hell out of me the way the perpetual delays come, might as well call it the 2013 by the time it does come but id rather own the 2.2l over a full option vigo and thats testament to how much more refined and substantial i feel the ranger is. I hated the outgoing model and couldnt say enough about how the ford everest was nasuea enducing on account of its leaf spring rear but im set to buy both the ranger wt and then everest. Im just currious if fords latest splash is going to encourage toyota to make another leap past the competition as they did back in 2004/5 with the IMVII

....and you need 4x4 and 3.2 for....?

Towing my boat!!!!

Im told I will have my 2.2 wildtrax by the end of the month

I was told last month it'd be before Songkran, but their latest track record isn't looking too convincing.

I even told them I'd take any colour available just to speed things up.

I've been following the forums for signs that Wildtraks have started to speed up.

Within the last few weeks no reports :-(