Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

auto is also a 6 speed, taking a peek in the cabin would answer that one.

Anyway, from my perspective, the sales guy was always upfront and straight forward; however Ford's complete lack of understanding of SCM and subsequent promising and repromising (such as offering delivery in March, then June, then July, then not at all) for the 3.2 is a definitely good way to annoy customers; if they had been upfront at the beginning and not promised March, June, July, then I might have stayed in the queue. The sales guy was equally frustrated, as he gets commission on sales, not on downpayments.

Well, anyhow, now fighting with them to get my deposit back, it's 3 weeks and counting; and they have vanished.... it isn't often that someone of my minor standing gets dicked around like this (by virtue of my occupation they know who I am when I walk into the dealership, and they have known who I am at Ford HQ since beginning of last year when I first joined the queue for the 3.2) but Ford seem to have the attitude that this is their money to hang onto as long as they want even though the deposit has a clear condition "conditional on 3.2 delivery within April 2012" which they haven't met. Hmmmm...it's a bit worrying when they can't get the delivery right, but even more worrying when they want to pull shinanagins like this.

It doesn't exactly make me positive towards the company when something so basic

Took a ton of call and emails to get my deposit back, but finally did. As for that pic, I have seen a few pics around that always turn out to be from a foreign source as, to this day Ford Thailand still will not give a delivery date for 3.2 WIldtrack, although it could be one of the ones that were at last falls show, that were left here for Demo only.!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, from my perspective, the sales guy was always upfront and straight forward; however Ford's complete lack of understanding of SCM and subsequent promising and repromising (such as offering delivery in March, then June, then July, then not at all) for the 3.2 is a definitely good way to annoy customers; if they had been upfront at the beginning and not promised March, June, July, then I might have stayed in the queue. The sales guy was equally frustrated, as he gets commission on sales, not on downpayments.

Well, anyhow, now fighting with them to get my deposit back, it's 3 weeks and counting; and they have vanished.... it isn't often that someone of my minor standing gets dicked around like this (by virtue of my occupation they know who I am when I walk into the dealership, and they have known who I am at Ford HQ since beginning of last year when I first joined the queue for the 3.2) but Ford seem to have the attitude that this is their money to hang onto as long as they want even though the deposit has a clear condition "conditional on 3.2 delivery within April 2012" which they haven't met. Hmmmm...it's a bit worrying when they can't get the delivery right, but even more worrying when they want to pull shinanagins like this.

Took a ton of call and emails to get my deposit back, but finally did. As for that pic, I have seen a few pics around that always turn out to be from a foreign source as, to this day Ford Thailand still will not give a delivery date for 3.2 WIldtrack, although it could be one of the ones that were at last falls show, that were left here for Demo only.!

It takes time to get the deposit back...I was waiting 5 weeks from the Chevy...there must be some major glitch with the 3.2's,otherwise they would not start the campaign 6 months ago...IMO

It takes time to get the deposit back...I was waiting 5 weeks from the Chevy...there must be some major glitch with the 3.2's,otherwise they would not start the campaign 6 months ago...IMO

I don't understand. I thought the 3.2 was a Ford based engine, and Ford and Mazda did a collaboration , for factory and, and egine/tranmission, that being the case, why is it that Mazda is ready to relese models with 3.2 and Ford is having a problem?

I don't understand. I thought the 3.2 was a Ford based engine, and Ford and Mazda did a collaboration , for factory and, and egine/tranmission, that being the case, why is it that Mazda is ready to relese models with 3.2 and Ford is having a problem?

Like somebody else said before , it can be a huge amount of reasons . From bolts from seat upto some missing paperwork to a missing badge . Ford and Mazda do use the same engine and platform but do use different components on other parts of the vehicle .

Wouldn't you be pissed to know it was 6 months late to delivery because the "wildtrak sticker" factory got flooded, or those silly decorative side rails weren't available. laugh.png

Wouldn't you be pissed to know it was 6 months late to delivery because the "wildtrak sticker" factory got flooded, or those silly decorative side rails weren't available. laugh.png

Sure but that is the risk when bying a car which isn't been made yet . In 2 years time you order the car and you know exactly what date your car is delivered . If you want to you can even see the exact time every item is going on your car . I know "you" are moaning about your car delivery but you ordered a top version car which was in preproduction and not a real production model yet. Since "you " are not the only one who ordered , a small thing will cause a massive backlog . You are still within the 1st who ordered so you will still get it one of the 1st . Edited by sezze

Sure but that is the risk when bying a car which isn't been made yet . In 2 years time you order the car and you know exactly what date your car is delivered . If you want to you can even see the exact time every item is going on your car . I know "you" are moaning about your car delivery but you ordered a top version car which was in preproduction and not a real production model yet. Since "you " are not the only one who ordered , a small thing will cause a massive backlog . You are still within the 1st who ordered so you will still get it one of the 1st .

Well, lucky for me I never ordered one, and don't make a habit of ordering as soon as a new model is introduced - it's nice to have bugs ironed out after a year or so. The way things are going, the new everest will be out not much longer after the ranger 3,2 or so it seems.

Some inside information I got says that ford is having engine and wiring problems with the 3.2 wildtrak and now everything is back to drawing board. Most likely , ford will start delivering around 1st quarter 2013.

I wrote the same info in ford malaysia facebook page and was immediately blocked and comment deleted.

Some inside information I got says that ford is having engine and wiring problems with the 3.2 wildtrak and now everything is back to drawing board. Most likely , ford will start delivering around 1st quarter 2013.

I wrote the same info in ford malaysia facebook page and was immediately blocked and comment deleted.

Furthermore, Ford never produced a 3.2 engine before and there is no problem with 2.2 engine bcos that engine is being used in Range Rover Evoque.

And yet some have already taken delivery of their 3.2 wildtraks.

Talking about bed liners, I was tootling around town yesterday and was following a white-plate Copper Red XLT and noticed that they had an Aeroklas bed liner installed. Good to see a non OEM supplier already providing kit for a new model, especially with the back-order status of Ford's own bed liner.

Anyone make any sense of the aeroklas website though? It's got 4 languages and an annoying revolving product display but absolutely bugger all in the way of Thai dealer or agent contacts. It would be nice to get a comparison on price and delivery with Ford's bed liner.

Talking about bed liners, I was tootling around town yesterday and was following a white-plate Copper Red XLT and noticed that they had an Aeroklas bed liner installed. Good to see a non OEM supplier already providing kit for a new model, especially with the back-order status of Ford's own bed liner.

Anyone make any sense of the aeroklas website though? It's got 4 languages and an annoying revolving product display but absolutely bugger all in the way of Thai dealer or agent contacts. It would be nice to get a comparison on price and delivery with Ford's bed liner.

I can't help with the website, but I've seen a number of rangers on the newcangerclub website. They also have the "topup hard cover which can be completely raised. I think the price was wabout 20K for the cover, but not sure about the bedliner. I thought someone said aeroklas is the aftermarket supplier for ford, so maybe the ford dealer might know a contact.

loads of distributors here, but not sure if they sell retail or not.

http://www.aeroklas.com/distri.php

Edited by culicine

Only the 2.2 Wildtraks have been delivered, no date given for 3.2 and I'd bet till later or end of year!

Only the 2.2 Wildtraks have been delivered, no date given for 3.2 and I'd bet till later or end of year!

Friends in OZ must be telling my lies then.

are the supplies to australia of the new rangers still low? because the hilux still outsold the ranger in the april sales .. or did i miss something from this article..

http://brisbanetimes...0503-1y0ny.html

Deliveries have been sporadic to date but boats that are shipping decent quantities of Rangers are only just getting to Australian shores now,. A mates Chilli Red Wildtrack was on the Dock in Melbourne on Friday Arvo.

Edited by Spoonman

so the next few months should be interesting in the ute segment down under.. i wonder if toyota has a brand new hilux on the drawing boards.. hmmmm..

Edited by cocoy

so the next few months should be interesting in the ute segment down under.. i wonder if toyota has a brand new hilux on the drawing boards.. hmmmm..

Not until 2015 if I recall the last update from the 'late' MRO. That should give them enough time to see how deeply the Ranger penetrates the market (or otherwise) and make adaptive changes before the release.

Another thing I like about the new Ranger is the dual cigarette lighter outlets that are always on so I can have the quite decent sound system playing while parked up with the doors open but ignition key in my pocket.... when fishing. The Vigo's power sockets are only 'live' with the ignition key in Accessory position and onwards. Handy for charging the phone or leaving the Garmin on while popping into the shops and no annoying 'bing bing bing' like the CR-V has when similarly configured for easy listening while fishing! Also like the side lights stay on as an indicator that a door isn't closed properly when the brood disembarks. They are developing muscles to counter this!

Edited by NanLaew

I can't help with the website, but I've seen a number of rangers on the newcangerclub website. They also have the "topup hard cover which can be completely raised. I think the price was wabout 20K for the cover, but not sure about the bedliner. I thought someone said aeroklas is the aftermarket supplier for ford, so maybe the ford dealer might know a contact.

loads of distributors here, but not sure if they sell retail or not.

http://www.aeroklas.com/distri.php

The Ford salesman called and asked if I wanted a bed liner and he said it would be about 6000 baht and 3-4 weeks. I haven't bothered to track down the two Aeroklas outlets listed for Udon so told him to go ahead and order it.

Yes!

Just drove past the dealer, guess what's in the car park?

Yeah, a black Wildtrak!

Oh well, 7 months ain't to bad ;-)

2.2 or 3.2? Congratulations!

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Judging by the wheels its a 2.2, but also there seems to be some deliveries of the 3.2 based on the newrangerclub website.

Just spotted this in the Hua Hin dealers showroom.... so there are some 3.2's being delivered.

post-67352-0-84360500-1336376854_thumb.j

I was all set to order a 2.2 Wildtrack and the salesman said I could not even order one. Is that true for all the dealers in LOS?

He said an XLT was 2 months waiting time.

Just spotted this in the Hua Hin dealers showroom.... so there are some 3.2's being delivered.

post-67352-0-84360500-1336376854_thumb.j

I was all set to order a 2.2 Wildtrack and the salesman said I could not even order one. Is that true for all the dealers in LOS?

He said an XLT was 2 months waiting time.

I believe that was the one they had at the show last fall. The one from the show were left here in dealerships, but cannot be sold. I sure do hope I'm wrong as a lot have waited way to long now, and hope they all get theirs soon!.