Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

It accelerates faster than the CRV and is much smoother on corners.

However I notice on some roads that are a little bumpy, I feel the small bumps more than on the CRV, but it handles the bigger bumps much better.

I will check the tyre pressure today and see if its just over inflated, because thats what it feels like.

I will try and do a 0-100 video later if I get time.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford did it to me again, we cancelled our wildtrack order 2 weeks ago and ask for refund of deposit, They have been giving me the runaround, finally Ford/Thailand said we can get it on the 11th and dealer says no can't habe it till 17th now. I thought refunds were east to get. next step a lawyer@

I guess you need that 5k real bad to fill up the Vigo's tank?

A lawyer? For 5000 baht? Right.....

Everyone knows that bugger all happens for up to 7 days either side of Songkran; it's like Thanksgiving f*cks up the US commercial calendar every year for about 2 months.

Now chill.... this is the Ford Ranger thread and not the I-wanted-a-Ranger-so-bad-I-could-taste-it-but-they-pissed-me-off-so-much-I-went-all-som-nam-nah-on-them-and-bought-a-Vigo-instead-and-they-are-still-screwing-with-me thread.

So you are the Ford Ranger thread police?? My comments were directed to Ford Ranger dealer and how they are making that easy refund hard to get! As for buying a Vigo, I wasn't going to wait a year for any truck, and yes I can afford the petrol in any vehicle. I will eat my words about Ford when they give a confirmed delivery date and actually deliver a 3.2 Wildtrack!!

It accelerates faster than the CRV and is much smoother on corners.

However I notice on some roads that are a little bumpy, I feel the small bumps more than on the CRV, but it handles the bigger bumps much better.

I will check the tyre pressure today and see if its just over inflated, because thats what it feels like.

I will try and do a 0-100 video later if I get time.

The tyres on mine were 45psi when I picked it up so a very hard ride, lowered to 34psi all round and now much better.

i dont have the rear sensors...

im getting the reverse mirror camera in June when they get it and the cover for the back.

Hmmm, ok well I guess I have misread the Ford website, I thought that reverse camera and reverse sensors were standard on the wildtrack. Are they optional on the XLT then as well?

im getting the reverse mirror camera in June when they get it and the cover for the back.

Hmmm, ok well I guess I have misread the Ford website, I thought that reverse camera and reverse sensors were standard on the wildtrack. Are they optional on the XLT then as well?

That might be for the 3.2 WT.

I believe the 3.2 gets the rear camera standard and also the dual aircon controls and electric seats.

Did you get a quote from ford for the reverse camera. Also, what will you do about the cover, given you have side rails and the sports bar? Will you remove these, or is there a ford product designed for the wildtrak? As I posted before, that was one thing that puts me off the wildtrak, as you would either have to fit a roller shutter, or remove the existing sports bar and side rails to fit a regular carryboy or similar. If you have further information about this issue, let us know, as I think many people will want to cover the rear.

I believe the 3.2 gets the rear camera standard and also the dual aircon controls and electric seats.

OK, well you are probably correct on that. So then the sensors and camera are options on the other models? Do you mind saying how much the camera option was?

OK, well you are probably correct on that. So then the sensors and camera are options on the other models? Do you mind saying how much the camera option was?

I cant remember, I think it was 9,000 baht, but I might have that price mixed up with another accessory.

I want to put in a DVD player, so i am not sure id I will get a reverse camera with that as its not much of a difference in price if you get it with the DVD player, but it just wont me in the mirror.

Thanks very much for the info. I went back and checked the site, you are correct, only the 3.2 has those things (dual aircon/elec seats, camera, etc.) as standard.

Good to know that they are available as options on the other models though thumbsup.gif

Parking sensors;

The 2 zone park pilot system is less tha 2,000 fitted.

The 4 zone park pilot (I've been told this is integrated in the monitor is nearly 5,000.

Roller cover/ canopy;

The old Wildtrak had the same system, it's available in Europe already.

I'm sure a Thai aftermarket one won't take long.

They were about the same money as a standard cover.

yeah the back cover will allow me to keep my rails and i dont have to remove anything.

I cant remember prices as I was more focused on what they were bringing out.

I remember something was 15K baht huh.png

Is there a complete accessories list available for the LoS ranger? The website under accessories looks very incomplete - no mention of a rear camera, roller shutter, etc.

Just had a Super Up lid installed on Vigo and ask if available for new Ford, they said won't be for awhile, demand is not there yet! I am sure as the trucks are released more companies will provide more options!

seems to be a trend for new cars to not have the rear sensors. The salesman seemed almost offended when I said I require them. I said I look out the window when reversing and look at the screen if something beeps!

Just had a Super Up lid installed on Vigo and ask if available for new Ford, they said won't be for awhile, demand is not there yet! I am sure as the trucks are released more companies will provide more options!

Pretty much par for the course; once there's a market, the accessories will come. In the meantime, anyone here with a website link to a good Aussie supplier of add-ons for trucks? Some of the smaller stuff could be hand carried by a couple of buddies from Australia. I brought back bug deflectors and headlight shields for my old TX-5 way, way back. Unboxed them and they made it in the hand-carry.

Ok,

Just a few things.

The back cover will be no problem, The Mitsubishi Triton has a very similar rack as the WT and it works fine.

I got an Auto with the sports shifter (or whatever its called) and have to say its really crap, sometimes its precise but every now and then it changes the gear 2 or 3 seconds after you have changed.

I had a drag race with the CRV with my wife. the CRV took the lead first, the WT first gear is really slow and only really picks up speed in second gear. So eventually I kicked her little butt.

The doors are a little heavy, for me its ok, but for chicks its like going to the gym, defiantly not a chicks car.

Checked the tires, the dealer had the tires at 51 psi, it says max 44psi on the tire, but I put it back to 33 PSI and its not as bumpy on little bumps as it was before.

The antenna is very high and you can not reduce the height, was in The Mall (Bangkae) yesterday and it scrapes on the roof most of the time, not big problem but the scraping noise gets annoying after a while, might go out and change it to a smaller one.

I got a baby seat and I can not remove the dam headrest in the back, so its sort of leaning forward a little bit more than it should, its not really a problem, but it is a pain in the ass.

One of the good things is that it has a power outlet in the trailer, I could of sworn that the 2.2 WT was not going to have it and only the 3.2.

Also my wife is only 5'0 tall, man she looks tiny in it.

Anyways, that's just some of my random thoughts on it so far.

WebBangkok thanks for the update. Yes first gear will be short, but it's even shorter in the manual. They really pump up the tyires at the manufacturer so they keep their shape. They never bother to tell us to reduce the pressure though! How is your 80-120 speed? That's when you really need it for overtaking. It's funny to see small Thais proudly standing near they ride, where their head only come up to half way up the window:)

Most reports from Aus say the auto takes 2,000KM to adapt.

The gear box is self adaptive and will adjust as the car/engine gets run in.

Yeah, you're right about the socket in the tub.

You must have got lucky there, all the ones at my dealer didn't have it.

There's been a few comments stating the air-con systems runs noisy, what do you think?

And whats wrong with Thaivisa. Why is my wifes picture up? This pic was up like ages ago and i took it down.......How did it just come back out of the blue?

Yeah the socket in the tub gave me a surprise yesterday. I will see if it even works. Perhaps its not hooked up.

As for the aircon, its not loud, but the nob to make it colder or hotter does not seem to do anything.

Whats funny is when its parked, ive caught ppl taking pictures of it, one of them was even a farang.

The acceleration from overtaking is quite good. The response is instant unless you plant it to the floor. When you plant your foot it seems to lag but perhaps the computer is still figuring out how i drive.

So just planting half way is the way to go. It feels like it doesnt shift up a gear but just punches forward unlike our CRV which always needs to shift up to get some speed.

While driving it also always seems like its in the lowest gear posible to keep the revs down. Very different to the CRV. But it could be the computrrs adjusting and probably bettet on fuel.

Anyways thats just more random thoughts about it.

And whats wrong with Thaivisa. Why is my wifes picture up? This pic was up like ages ago and i took it down.......How did it just come back out of the blue?

Yeah the socket in the tub gave me a surprise yesterday. I will see if it even works. Perhaps its not hooked up.

As for the aircon, its not loud, but the nob to make it colder or hotter does not seem to do anything.

Whats funny is when its parked, ive caught ppl taking pictures of it, one of them was even a farang.

The acceleration from overtaking is quite good. The response is instant unless you plant it to the floor. When you plant your foot it seems to lag but perhaps the computer is still figuring out how i drive.

So just planting half way is the way to go. It feels like it doesnt shift up a gear but just punches forward unlike our CRV which always needs to shift up to get some speed.

While driving it also always seems like its in the lowest gear posible to keep the revs down. Very different to the CRV. But it could be the computrrs adjusting and probably bettet on fuel.

Anyways thats just more random thoughts about it.

Glad you finally got it, I know you waited a long time! And, leave your wifes pic up, now you have two beauties!

My ranger's making a rattling type noise at low rpm's I just noticed it.

Is that normal for a diesel engine?

You notice this inside the vehicle or when outside of it? Yes there are a few rangers in my village and they sound like a typical diesel, though I'd hope well insulated so its not so obvious from inside the cabin.

My ranger's making a rattling type noise at low rpm's I just noticed it.

Is that normal for a diesel engine?

You notice this inside the vehicle or when outside of it? Yes there are a few rangers in my village and they sound like a typical diesel, though I'd hope well insulated so its not so obvious from inside the cabin.

There is a difference between the rattling noise and vibrations....all diesels vibrate some,but the rattling may come from something being loose...

I've test drove the new Ranger and it was noticeable quieter than most of the other diesel trucks in the past,can't almost hear much when on idle ...so better double check for something else that can make this noise.

i can hear it inside the cabin.

Im not sure how to explain it. But it sounds like the engine has something rattling inside it then it goes away after 2000 rpm. Made its just how its suppose to be. I might go test drive another Ranger to see if it has the same sound.

Might have to pull up in the CRV as arriving in a ranger to test another ramger might seem odd...

What you're describing definitely isn't normal.

I would take it straight into the service department.

I would leave it with them till it sorted.

Any nocking on a brand new engine isn't good.

I hope you get it sorted!