Housing In Kabin Buri

Sakeopete

I have been living in Aranyaprathet for almost 10 years now and like it. However as our children get older we want them to attend Marry Kabin school. Our 14 y/o is there now but he stays at the school Monday - Friday, we have 3 younger children (ages 2, 5 & 10)that I want to send to the school but I'm not comfortable having them sleep there. I prefer to see them every day until they are lippy teenagers only wanting money.

My wife and I have been discussing moving to Kabin Buri so all our kids could go to that school. It seems a good idea as we would still be close to the wife's family in Aranyaprathet, nearer to Bangkok (saves 1 hour driving) and the kids would be able to start school in Kabin Buri. Also I like the golf course :D

Can anyone tell me about the housing situation around Kabin Buri. I would like buy either a large Farang style house with a pool or land to build one. Access to ADSL is a must. We would rent a house until ours is built so rental information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

In the Sri Mahapot -Ta Thum area (where the night life entrateinments concentrates and the big Tesco Lotus), there are pleanty of condo style apartments for 2.000 -3.000 per months, i am not aware of any villa's type property which is empty, as the only few ones i have seen are usually enclosed in a family runned industrial factory, so probably the owners.

There are also sooo many of those villages with small houses been built all in the same way, but i am not aware of the going rate (i didn't see any advertisement boards around stating the price).

If you go further up, towards Khao Yai, there is a new complex been built for "hi-so", that might be the kind of property you are looking for, one of my fellow countrymen it's been there and told me the price for them is way too high for what are you getting, complaining also about poor construction standards.

Best thing, i guess, would be to make a trip around the area of your interest and ask around, someone might know something usefull for you.

Actually, did you try to ask your son which is studying at that school? i think there is an american lady working as a teacher and she's also part of a religious group locally, she might be able to help you too.

:)

In the Sri Mahapot -Ta Thum area (where the night life entrateinments concentrates and the big Tesco Lotus), there are pleanty of condo style apartments for 2.000 -3.000 per months, i am not aware of any villa's type property which is empty, as the only few ones i have seen are usually enclosed in a family runned industrial factory, so probably the owners.

There are also sooo many of those villages with small houses been built all in the same way, but i am not aware of the going rate (i didn't see any advertisement boards around stating the price).

If you go further up, towards Khao Yai, there is a new complex been built for "hi-so", that might be the kind of property you are looking for, one of my fellow countrymen it's been there and told me the price for them is way too high for what are you getting, complaining also about poor construction standards.

Best thing, i guess, would be to make a trip around the area of your interest and ask around, someone might know something usefull for you.

Actually, did you try to ask your son which is studying at that school? i think there is an american lady working as a teacher and she's also part of a religious group locally, she might be able to help you too.

:)

Thanks for the advice, my wife has suggested we find a place to rent and take our time looking for a plot of land to build on. I would rather have my people build a house for me then I know what I'm getting. I have a good contractor in Aran that has done many jobs for me.

Thanks for the advice, my wife has suggested we find a place to rent and take our time looking for a plot of land to build on. I would rather have my people build a house for me then I know what I'm getting. I have a good contractor in Aran that has done many jobs for me.

You are welcome :)

Yes your wife gave you a good advice :lol: maybe i will sound a bit paranoyd but believe me, around here seems to be virtually impossible to find a contractor you can trust, also for any agreements you are eventually going to take, never take anything for granted and be ready to deal with the unexpected.

Do you mind sharing some more general information about your contractor? i don't need to know whom they are or where they are located, only general info as the type of work they do (ie: builders, welders, plumbers, etc) and their daily going rate (many contractors seems to be available to be paid by the day), lets share our knowledge and find out where "la creme de la creme" is hideying :D

You are welcome :)

Yes your wife gave you a good advice :lol: maybe i will sound a bit paranoyd but believe me, around here seems to be virtually impossible to find a contractor you can trust, also for any agreements you are eventually going to take, never take anything for granted and be ready to deal with the unexpected.

Do you mind sharing some more general information about your contractor? i don't need to know whom they are or where they are located, only general info as the type of work they do (ie: builders, welders, plumbers, etc) and their daily going rate (many contractors seems to be available to be paid by the day), lets share our knowledge and find out where "la creme de la creme" is hideying :D

Our contractors do most everything. I had them build my garage, tile my drive way (huge amount) make my Euro kitchen following my plans etc etc. Welded the bars for my garage windows. They do a good job and are honest. However like every Somchai Thai they need supervision. Some jobs I paid by day and some by the job. I always bought materials myself so it was only the labor I paid them for. They have a good reputation so sometimes I have to wait a few weeks but they are worth it. I would trust them to build me a house though I would get the electrician I use to do the electrical. They are based in Aranyaprathet I can ask my wife for their number if you want.

Ehhrrmm, thanks but if it's ok, i would just like to know how much the contractor charged for a day of work and in what field (electrician, welder, etc), that's all, just to compare it with the ones i already got in the area, which are pretty much all around a precise amount, if you can't remember it that's ok, i am just curious :D :jap: