What Is Your Working Hard Perspiration Rate?

chownah

When I'm working hard in hot weather my perspiration rate is about one litre per hour....I know this because that's how much I drink and I don't urinate much during long work cycles. I think that this is quite high...when I've worked for about two hours all my clothing is TOTALLY drenched (literally) and the sweat has run down into my rubber boots (which I wear when working in the fields) so that I'm sloshing. Is this healthy? Will it make my kidneys last longer?

Will it make my kidneys last longer?

you should always drink enough to replace all that you sweat off.

urine should be being produced constantly by the kidneys and voided regularly by the bladder.

there is a figure for the normal production amount in mls. per day but i cant remember it.

if your urine is a deep yellow then it is too concentrated and you are not drinking enough liquids.

supposedly , this increases your risk of developing kidney stones (very painful)

it should be a very pale yellow .

you should be replacing lost salt as well if you are working hard enough to constantly sweat.

Edited by taxexile

Same here mate....it pours out of me. I have to have a tshirt wraped around my head, otherwise the sweat pour into my eyes and after a short while I look like someone has thrown a bucket of water over me.

I cant get on with the rubber boots for the reasons you state..after while my feet are just slipping around in them...socks help, but will of course be soaking wet after a while. As long as you are getting enough water into you I dont think its much of a problem

When I'm working hard in hot weather my perspiration rate is about one litre per hour....I know this because that's how much I drink and I don't urinate much during long work cycles.  I think that this is quite high...when I've worked for about two hours all my clothing is TOTALLY drenched (literally) and the sweat has run down into my rubber boots (which I wear when working in the fields) so that I'm sloshing.  Is this healthy?  Will it make my kidneys last longer?

Phew! I bet you stink like a Witches knickers!! he he!

Only joking mate, I seem to be sitting in a puddle when I'm not working at all and sometimes start to get a "hangover" headache if i dont drink enough fluid.

Not producing urine when during activity is normal (nobody stops for a pi55 during a marathon run!) for a sedentary person about 400 ml per day is average.

Do a google for "hyperhidrosis"...this is the term for excessive perspiration, you can find out more related info this way.

Each day i see construction workers grafting away under blazing sun and the look cool as cucumber!

I have utmost respect for anybody that does a hard days work in Thailand. It would kill me!