Bangkok Airport To Poipet Border Friday Morning?

DavidMavec

Hello...

I am flying into the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport from Chiang Mai on Friday morning, arriving at 8:25 AM. I need to get from there to the Cambodian border crossing at Poipet as soon as possible that morning. I am wondering what mini-bus or other services are available? Is there anything directly from the airport or do I need to go to Khao San Road or somewhere else? I remember that it is about a 2.5 hour trip from Khao San road but what would you recommend in my position? Thanks for any tips or details! Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Best.

Direct VIP bus from the airport to the border every day and if memory serves me right more than one a day :jap:

Thanks very much for your reply. Do you have any idea of where I might find this in the airport? Thanks for any tips!

2.5 hours you'd really be flying.

I remember 4-5 hour bus rides from BKK to the border.

Mo Chit has a bus. There are trains from Hua lompong.

Regular buses from the airport to the border at Aranyaprathet?

Why would they be going there?

You are the only person I've heard wanted to do this.

Fly in and then go to the border at Poipet.

Isn't the border just a few hours away from Chiang mai?

they is a train to aranaypatet ,excuse the spelling.it leaves 1.05pm every afternoon from the main train station..it is cheap maybe 50 baht,but it takes 6hrs to get there.you stay at the border overnight.next morning you are in poipet then siem reap 4hrs away.a bus is not much quicker,take your own food and drink on the train.it is a very local train and it gets full thru the journey.it is a nice way to reach the border.once at the border you can fill in the forms yourself to get into cambodia,don,t let anyone do it for you.the forms are very easy to fill in,watch out for the beggars there too.i,ve done this trip many times so it is a nice trip to do too reach cambodia