90 Day Report Korat.

sinbin

There was news a while back that 90 day report could now be done at the Korat office. In the last few days it has also been verified on another forum, but the process took about 24-28 days. So yesterday I phoned the Korat office and they say categorically that 90 day report is not available by post. Report in person only. Has anyone else been told this ?

I sent my TM47 last Saurday to the Nakhonratchasima Immigration office in a pottery village by registered mail and today six days later the New stamped extension was in my post office box. So 100% they will accept and process TM47 90 day reporting by mail and in my case in a very timely manner.

I sent my TM47 last Saurday to the Nakhonratchasima Immigration office in a pottery village by registered mail and today six days later the New stamped extension was in my post office box. So 100% they will accept and process TM47 90 day reporting by mail and in my case in a very timely manner.

Hi

I was just in Thai Immigration Office at Nakhon Rachasima (at the pottery village) on March 23, 2011, last week, and they said you CANNOT do by post, must be personal appearance but can be personal appearance in ANY Thai Immigration office. They are concerned with cheating, hence the reason for personal appearance, but the reason for my question was to save myself the 150 kilometer drive from Prasat. This means I can go to Chong Chom, 25 kilometers away...much closer!

So kamalabob2, if they are letting you do it by post, keep it going, maybe you just get the odd success story, can you tell me if you also play the lottery and what are your numbers?:lol:

Seriously, if it's working, keep working it, but they absolutely said absolutely no to me when I asked last week.

mario299 :rolleyes:

Here is a recent report of someone made the 90 days report by post and it seems he suceed doing it even though it took him a long time until he got a reply from them (or was it the local mail boy?)

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,1745.60.html

the immigration are also coming to Buriram and Surin on a monthly basis and this plan will continue until the end of this year.

see here: http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,4092.0.html

I hope the information is helpful for you and good luck with your visa. :)

Here is a recent report of someone made the 90 days report by post and it seems he suceed doing it even though it took him a long time until he got a reply from them (or was it the local mail boy?)

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,1745.60.html

the immigration are also coming to Buriram and Surin on a monthly basis and this plan will continue until the end of this year.

see here: http://www.buriramex...pic,4092.0.html

I hope the information is helpful for you and good luck with your visa. :)

Those of us that reside in Surin and Buriram will be welcoming this "new" service as a godsend. Rumours have it, that this extension will be an experimental fixture......I guess we will see how it goes.

For people that live in Surin, and Buriram, I would think a trip to Korat would be a pleasure. Can go shopping in the Mall, which has an excellent super market that carries lots of food for foreigners.

Barry

Yet, what if you don't find "foreign" goods desirable?:jap:

For people that live in Surin, and Buriram, I would think a trip to Korat would be a pleasure. Can go shopping in the Mall, which has an excellent super market that carries lots of food for foreigners.

Barry

I surmise that Barry has stock or a kickback from the "excellent super market that carries lots of food for foreigner".

Barry

I surmise that Barry has stock or a kickback from the "excellent super market that carries lots of food for foreigner".

...or he's just easily stimulated.:rolleyes:

Hi

I was just in Thai Immigration Office at Nakhon Rachasima (at the pottery village) on March 23, 2011, last week, and they said you CANNOT do by post, must be personal appearance but can be personal appearance in ANY Thai Immigration office. They are concerned with cheating, hence the reason for personal appearance, but the reason for my question was to save myself the 150 kilometer drive from Prasat. This means I can go to Chong Chom, 25 kilometers away...much closer!

With a view to moving to Surin Province in the near future, I've been researching all things (visa related stuff included) and I was under the impression that you could always do the 90 day report at Chong Chom, it was just extensions you couldn't do there and therefore had to go to Korat. Is this a relatively new development then?

Hi

With a view to moving to Surin Province in the near future, I've been researching all things (visa related stuff included) and I was under the impression that you could always do the 90 day report at Chong Chom, it was just extensions you couldn't do there and therefore had to go to Korat. Is this a relatively new development then?

I believe one can still do both - 90 day or extension - at Chong Chom. Caution, as it changes as some change their underwear. Even better news, there will be a new mobile service {experimental} preparing most visa/immigration needs in Surin and Buriram sometime this month I believe. Not sure of the exact date......a few here on the Isaan forum would be tune with the exact dates though. The location for this "mobile" visa service will be located in front of the main post office. All this nonsense aside, it's just less of a headache to run off to Korat.

Hi

I believe one can still do both - 90 day or extension - at Chong Chom. Caution, as it changes as some change their underwear. Even better news, there will be a new mobile service {experimental} preparing most visa/immigration needs in Surin and Buriram sometime this month I believe. Not sure of the exact date......a few here on the Isaan forum would be tune with the exact dates though. The location for this "mobile" visa service will be located in front of the main post office. All this nonsense aside, it's just less of a headache to run off to Korat.

Chong Chom - 90 day check-in yes but the yearly extension no. For extensions you must go to the pottery village.

Hi

Chong Chom - 90 day check-in yes but the yearly extension no. For extensions you must go to the pottery village.

Thanks, BB. As I wasn't sure anymore - I don't bother with Chong Chom anymore, even though it's much closer. I haven't sought a Kap Choeng office since they closed that other border {out of the blue} point some couple of years ago. Chong Chom was going through the on-again off-again display, that so many smaller offices incur - for one reason or another. Thanks for the other fellows for updating.

Hi

Yes, agreed, this ia also what they told me...90 day reports at any Thai Immigration office, annual extension only at Korat. Sorry if I confused, hope this clarifies.

Chok dee!:jap:

mario299

back in feb.had to go to korat imm.to collect my yearly visa,as my 90day report was in march i asked the officer could i sign know as i had to go to bkk for a week the same time,the answer was no but your wife can do it for you or you can post it with passport ect. so the wife went and guess what they no longer allow this she was told,luckely she remembered the officer who seen us in feb. so she allowed it,i think some of them make up their own rules.another rule is you have to appear in person,but last year on one of my 90day report arrived at imm.only 3 in front of me,when the one in front of me sat down [thai] he took out about 10-15 forms and passports,have had not been filled in so he sat in front of the officer and did this 55min.what was that all about.

One day a month, an Immigration unit comes to either Buriram or Surin to do any kind of immigration business. This includes 90-day reports, annual extensions, re-entry permits... and last month I even had my visa transferred to a new passport in Surin.

You can go to the District Office, Buriram, TODAY. For next month and future dates, see the local forums (I'm sure the dates are on TV somewhere too).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

So kamalabob2, if they are letting you do it by post, keep it going, maybe you just get the odd success story, can you tell me if you also play the lottery and what are your numbers?:lol:

Seriously, if it's working, keep working it, but they absolutely said absolutely no to me when I asked last week.

I went yesterday to do my 90 day report and was told that you can definitely do your 90 day report by post now. My wife complained by telling how she'd phoned a few weeks back and being told I couldn't. The officer just shook her head and said nothing. The officer then explained that they will only accept a postal report if a photo copy of every page of ones passport is enclosed. That I don't understand as they never seem to scrutinize the passport when doing the report in person. Jump through hoops springs to mind.

Different day, different staff, different answer, and perhaps a slightly incorrect "wife translation", and boy have I had plenty of slightly wrong wife translations. Based on my very recent experience with that same Thailand Immigration office and a TM47 by mail, it is not every page in your passport. The two first pages that show your basic information and photo, the page showing your most recent annual A-0 VISA, and the page showing your most recent entrance into Thailand. They also want a 2 sided copy of your TM6 along with the filled out TM47 and actual small piece of torn off TM47 you did 90 days previously. Be careful on what denomination stamp you place on you SASE as that was a whole 'nother issue explaining to my wife why some envelopes with more that four pieces of paper cost more than 3 baht to mail.

Different day, different staff, different answer, and perhaps a slightly incorrect "wife translation", and boy have I had plenty of slightly wrong wife translations. Based on my very recent experience with that same Thailand Immigration office and a TM47 by mail, it is not every page in your passport. The two first pages that show your basic information and photo, the page showing your most recent annual A-0 VISA, and the page showing your most recent entrance into Thailand. They also want a 2 sided copy of your TM6 along with the filled out TM47 and actual small piece of torn off TM47 you did 90 days previously. Be careful on what denomination stamp you place on you SASE as that was a whole 'nother issue explaining to my wife why some envelopes with more that four pieces of paper cost more than 3 baht to mail.

I believe you'll find the changes and contradictions of the moment, as it applies to immigration offices, is universally widespread throughout the country. They make up rules and regulations as they go......what was said this month doesn't calculate for next month.

• 2 weeks later...