Neeroys Food

actiondell4

I had Lamb rogan josh at "Neeroys" in Soi Chaiyapoon and it would have to be the worst food I have ever had.

They advertise their curries as "Bradford Curries",I presume thats in the Uk.

Well they made the curry ok,but the beeef seemed to be old and non chewable as well,I have NEVER had Rogan Josh with Tomato sauce dolloped on top?

Is that how they make Lamb Rogan Josh in Bradford ?

For 140 baht a bowl,I expect better,no bread butter included ,just a bowl ,same size small creal bowl with old beef ,curry paste and tomato sauce.

On a brighter note,opposite there is Canterbury Tales Cafe,food was very good,BUT Neeroys,sorry seems no pride or care for the tripe you dish out.

Edited by actiondell4

You sure that was beef and not the dodgy mutton you often find in Indian food here? I agree the food is very poor at Neeroys. I also tried some curries and later possibly the most shockingly awful fish and chips imaginable. Actually the chips were fine, but the fish, OMG.

Edited by Jingthing

A guy orders a LAMB curry then proceeds to tell us all just how bad the BEEF was in this LAMB curry :blink:

Am I missing something here ? :huh:

The fact you also wanted / expected Bread and butter with a curry tells me you are the last person on earth to give a recommendation of a curry house meal. :sorry:

No Nan bread, Chapatti or Rotti OK but bread and butter

Doesn't matter, that place has poor curries no matter the professional qualifications of the reviewer. I don't recall if they offer beef there as a rogan josh option, but I won't ever be going there again to find out either. They do sell Indian breads a la carte.

Edited by Jingthing

try Spices 2 on 3rd road just past the back entrance to Carrefour. I had Lamb (Mutton) curry a couple of weeks ago, it was not on Menu but when I asked they agreed they had it and would make it. I got a huge bowl with lots of tender lamb for B275, they also served a buffet (it came out after I was done eating) from 7:30 to 10:30pm mostly vegetarian but some chicken dishes for B199 and everything in the buffet was very tasty. This place is a stop off for large tour buses of Indians, I recommend it highly.

The price of drinks (cokes and beer) are not just reasonable but even could be called cheap.

Rogan Josh is always lamb, if they gave you beef you should have returned it.

The tomato ketchup was probably to give it the red colour that it is famous for.

Sounds like an awful meal but to expect bread and butter in an Indian restuarant is weird.

You sure that was beef and not the dodgy mutton you often find in Indian food here? I agree the food is very poor at Neeroys. I also tried some curries and later possibly the most shockingly awful fish and chips imaginable. Actually the chips were fine, but the fish, OMG.

I think I had one of those fish a few months ago. A really thick (and soggy) batter - I had to leave it.

Not quite up to the Village Chippy or Goose's standard.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree completely. I tried Neeroys' fish and chips a while back based on a review (in response to a thread you started, JT) by a chick poster here saying that Neeroys does "an excellent english style fish & chips". It was wretched, the worst I have ever had anywhere. The place was empty, and after I tried the fish I knew why. The only plus was that I had no lingering signs of food poisoning.

Admittedly it was a couple of years ago but I used to eat the lasagna there a couple of years ago and it was good. Not authentic by any means but really filling. Across the street at Seaside was usually good and also cheap. Is Seaside still OK?

The fish and chips at Neeroys always used to be quite acceptable although i must admit i haven't eaten there for a while, but that whole environment in that Soi hardly lends itself to gourmet style food and i wonder what a health and safety inspection would come up with in any of those kitchens in that area

The fish and chips at Neeroys always used to be quite acceptable although i must admit i haven't eaten there for a while, but that whole environment in that Soi hardly lends itself to gourmet style food and i wonder what a health and safety inspection would come up with in any of those kitchens in that area

It's nickname was Soi Cheap Charlie.

I use to frequent Neeroy's quite often. Did not like his Indian style food, it was tasteless, I use to eat the Fish & Chips, and enjoyed them, but not been for such a long time, maybe it has changed.

I did have his Mince & mash one time and was stuck on the toilet for days after, it kinda put me off the place.

However, Seasider restaurant up the Soi I always find to be OK and have never been sick from eating there in 10 Years.