English Man Dies As He Falls From 14th Floor

britmaveric

English man dies as he falls from his 14th floor apartment.

Police were called to the Royal Twin Hotel on Pattaya Second Road after receiving reports of a foreign man suspected of jumping off his balcony to his death. At the scene Police inspected the badly mutilated body of Mr. Christopher Pearly from England. Also on the scene was Mr. Barry Kenyon who is the local representative from the British Embassy in Bangkok who conducted his own investigation. It was clear that the man fell from a high balcony due to the poor state of the corpse and it was quickly discovered that he resided in room number 1421 on the 14th floor.

Police spoke with the mans Thai Wife, Khun Pratoom aged 23 who explained that her husband was a heavy drinker and would often remain in a persistent drunken state. The exact motive behind the apparent suicide is unknown to both Police and his wife. She will be questioned at the Police Station as soon as she is in a state where she can talk. A post mortem examination is underway which will include a full toxicology report. For now, the case continues in conjunction with the British Embassy.

-Pattaya City News

Friday 23rd September 2005

My condo in Theparak is on the 15th floor and on last visit I walked down (just to check) and sure enough NO 13th.Floor.

Only later I realised that the lift (of course) has No..no 13 button as well....but i am never always convinced.

As said above Thais are very super.st..and anything to avoid bad luck. :o

I read somewhere that you actually die of shock during the fall, and so are already dead when the big crunch comes...

I've heard that suicide jumpers (ones who survive obviously), often have a moment of clarity when they go over the railings, to the effect that....

"That was a silly thing to do"

...maybe its the Super-Ego trying to account for that act of raw id. But there can't be any problem that couldn't be solved by something other than jumping out of a window.

Edited by The_Moog

I wonder if he died as he was falling or after he fell..?  :o

I read somewhere that you actually die of shock during the fall, and so are already dead when the big crunch comes...  :D

totster  :D

Im not sure why that would happen. Dont people jump out of planes all the time and fall a lot further?

I think a jumper will be quite aware of whats happening before touch down. :D

On a similar note does anyone remember the article last year in (possibly) the pattaya mail about the ladyboy who fell 14 floors and survived? Even walked away afterwards.

Edited by johnboi

I wonder if he died as he was falling or after he fell..?  :o

I read somewhere that you actually die of shock during the fall, and so are already dead when the big crunch comes...  :D

totster  :D

Im not sure why that would happen. Dont people jump out of planes all the time and fall a lot further?

I think a jumper will be quite aware of whats happening before touch down. :D

On a similar note does anyone remember the article last year in (possibly) the pattaya mail about the ladyboy who fell 14 floors and survived? Even walked away afterwards.

there is a difference between jumping out of a plane with a parachute and jumping of a tall building without a parachute .

I like what moog said about the clarity thing... imagine the realisation of what you have just done.. it would cause a shock reaction. :D

I'm not saying it's fact... but I did read something about it.. :D

totster :D

just what is the life expectancy of the average farang living above the 3rd floor in a condo in Pattaya?

Not many of them seem to die of old age :o

Something to do with Icarus I think. I know its hard to imagine some of the guys at beer bars soaring too close to the sun. The jumpers seem to be impulsive older types who can't seem to handle new found freedoms. Normally it is the arrogance of youth that throws caution and restraint to the wind.