Led 46-48"

HDRIDER

A couple of months ago I bought a samsung 46" led series 6 on promotion and the only thing i can is that downloaded HD 720p & 1080p the picture quality is awesome. the only thing it really shows up how bad the picture quality is from Truevisions.

Very happy with it.

Plays mkv files from external hardrive but doesn't play them when using LAN.

Edited by sammycic

No matter which modern TV you use, True Visions will look bad on it due to their low resolution broadcasts. Dont base the search for a good TV by its performance with True Visions. If you are only interested in watching True visions SD then get an old CRT TV it will look better . . !!

My recommendation would be Sony, You cant beat them. Should be plenty of old models around after they launched their new range earlier this year.

I had a LG a few years back, broke down all the time, my friend bought a LG TV, dead pixels after 2 month, friend bought a LG stereo after a few months stopped working, bought it back to Power buy, they told him he should buy a better brand stereo :o

I had a LG a few years back, broke down all the time, my friend bought a LG TV, dead pixels after 2 month, friend bought a LG stereo after a few months stopped working, bought it back to Power buy, they told him he should buy a better brand stereo :o

Interesting. I bought an LG LCD TV 2 years ago which has had no problems, although I don't like the remote control functionality much, and I am thinking of an LG LED for my bedroom. Maybe it is the LG LED models that are problematical. I'll do further research.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

For a LCD TV with a LED background light system I would recommend Samsung Series 6 46", or perhaps 40" would do, for a bedroom TV. As for a plasma TV I would go for the Panasonic V or VT series.

Edited. I forgot to mention, if you can afford it go for the Pioneer Kuro TV, expensive but in a league of its own.

Edited by stgrhe