Tot, Again ...

inmysights

Been experiencing a hill of pain for the past month with these incompetent idiots. 3 weeks of off/on for upwards of an hour for first 3 weeks, then after numerous calls to both Bangkok call centre and fools at local office - experienced a full five days of uninterrupted connection, only to be back to square one Thursday last, and last night/today NOTHING.

Various theories/outright lies (from mind bogglingly incompetent Phuket Office including 'problem in your area' lie - all working up on main road, to 'machine part':? needs fixing.

'Technician' called at house month ago and said 'nothing wrong with your line?!

Anyone else? Rawaii area.

The whole of the South of Thailand has been declared a disaster zone. Over a million people effected by the floods and storm. Thousands of people have lost everything they own. Around 15 people are to date dead and people are whining on about their internet is hit and miss :o <deleted> !

:angry: <deleted> !

The whole of the South of Thailand has been declared a disaster zone. Over a million people effected by the floods and storm. Thousands of people have lost everything they own. Around 15 people are to date dead and people are whining on about their internet is hit and miss :o <deleted> !

My BBB is sh!te as well,,

H2O and <deleted> do you want me to do?? i have donated 4500 so far, how much have you given? i need my net, somebody need internet to work, have you ever thought about that, now go help somebody in Samui instead spending time on the net :angry:

Ohh and i donated a lot of clothes and kitchen ware as well..

Been experiencing a hill of pain for the past month with these incompetent idiots. 3 weeks of off/on for upwards of an hour for first 3 weeks, then after numerous calls to both Bangkok call centre and fools at local office - experienced a full five days of uninterrupted connection, only to be back to square one Thursday last, and last night/today NOTHING.

Various theories/outright lies (from mind bogglingly incompetent Phuket Office including 'problem in your area' lie - all working up on main road, to 'machine part':? needs fixing.

'Technician' called at house month ago and said 'nothing wrong with your line?!

I haven't been in Phuket for 3 weeks but your description sounds the same as when I had TT&T/BBB and now over the last year with TOT. Based on my experiences and everyone else's comments I have just accepted that this is the state of the internet here. Between poor international bandwidth (due to poor planning or to save money) and old copper lines twisty-tied to overburdened power poles near trees prone to dropping branches or falling entirely, the whole infrastructure is crap. The people that complain less about slowdowns and dropouts seem to often be nearer the hubs. And surely everyone understands customer service as we have known it back home simply doesn't exist here. It's a cultural thing.

I have another theory that, just like any other situation where Thai businesses are in competition, there is a fair bit of sabotage going one between the telecom companies. You see it with the transport, diving and other industries, so why not?

That's a good point. Can't blame TOT for the storms. But has it been a disaster zone for 3 weeks tho? Sounds like he is having much more of a problem than it being hit and miss. If you look at the Phuket forum there has been a lot of different problems with the internet in Phuket lately.

Edited by ScubaBuddha