Teaching In Issan?

Tzvi

Teaching is like any other job. Some people, regardless of their qualifications are very good and some highly educated people are poor teachers.

I was good friends with two teachers in Bangkok. One was a highly educated former university professor and the other was a down on his luck unemployed oil field worker. The non-qualified teacher was well liked by his students and they learned well. The highly qualified teacher kept his classes so confused that they learned very little.

I have a retired Thai friend who is not a qualified teacher. He teaches English in private classes. He is a better teacher than most native English speaking teachers.

As for myself, I would make a VERY poor teacher. I have no patience.

I don't think anyone would argue with you Gary, other than to say that in many places there are scads of people with the minimum qualifications (and trust me they are bare minimum) that with all the regulations etc, it is easier and more cost effective to start with those that are qualified and weed them out until you find the best of them, rather than to just start randomly. :)

Your reasons for not teaching, and mine are the same :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic