Crackdown On Crackdowns ?

Buff-horns

There should be a crackdown on private bus numbers-33, 30,56,203 in Bangkok for belting out black smoke poisoning hapless pedestrians since time immemorial. Punishment is simple, the owners are knelt, hands tied behind their backs, right behind the exhaust pipe whilst the driver revs the engine in neutral.

there are so many crackdowns going on , so will they have next a crackdown on any further crackdowns ? This cannot go on ! Thais can only take so many crackdowns !

Well spoken!

All of these crackdowns are getting out of hand. A lot of them are wise crackdowns, such as the drug trade for instance. But crackdowns on bars closing even earlier? On massage parlours?

I understand the need of the Thai government to think that they are 'doing what's right', but eventually, if it's not already happening, less and less people will just want to stop coming here.

I wonder if anyone from the Thai government or police reads this site, to find out what expats and tourists think of their policies?

there are so many crackdowns going on , so will they have next a crackdown on any further crackdowns ? This cannot go on ! Thais can only take so many crackdowns !

A lot of them are wise crackdowns, such as the drug trade for instance. But crackdowns on bars closing even earlier? On massage parlours?

Fair and balanced :o

What if I love snow and despise alchohol and sex?

:D

A lot of them are wise crackdowns, such as the drug trade for instance. But crackdowns on bars closing even earlier? On massage parlours?

Fair and balanced :D

What if I love snow and despise alchohol and sex?

:D

And what if we love it all. :o

What I find amusing is that every time there is a crackdown, they are basically admitting that up until that time, they have not done their job.

that is exactly it!!

the dear law enforcers (yes, there are laws) are suddenly reminded by some event, that they have not been enforcing whatever it is. They then make a big fuss about enforcing those laws for a few days, until people are not looking anymore, then they go back to taking the usual bribes and lazing around.

is that clear?

Why not have a crackdown on Hubs ............

That's a difficult situation. As Thailand is the hub of crackdowns, cracking down on hubs may destroy itself. Then what. Everybody will start drinking to drown their sorrows. Much carnage and hangovers. Societal collapse. Hangovers everywhere. Ice Maiden will retire to her bedroom for days....

:o

One more crackdown should be good.

I suggest a crackdown on back to back tourist visas.

:o That might ruin a few marriages... :D

That WOULD ruin a few marriages!

Thailand is not worse off with foreigners spending their money in Thailand, as opposed to in their home countries.

If this was like Britain for example, where people can come in, get residency fairly easily because of some crap reason why they don't want to go home, and then live off taxpayers' money then I would support the back to back tourist visa idea.

But because Thailand is not and never will be a welfare state, and is a third world country then I do not support this idea.

Edited by mrreality

Crackdowns are pretty much how Thai officials work, anyway.

"The law" is either overly enforced or not at all. Usually, it's the latter.

10 times out of 10, police will always flag down as a group (read: never one cop pulling someone over) a driver on a motorbike over a truck going 3x the supposed speed limit.

The herd mindset is even apparent in how the law functions.

Post-crackdown, business as usual.