Overstay And Lost And New Passport

A friend has overstayed 2 to 3 months in that time lost and got emergemcy passport [OZ]lasts 1 month,that finnished and will pick up new passport from embassy and straight to airport.

I presume you need a letter with your new passport to say old one lost,hence no stamp or dep card on new one,and what is the overstay price NOW,try search could not find....or is it more complicated than that?

ta cat

He better goes to Chaeng Wattana, as immigration at the airport can refuse him if it is very bussy and might not find his file straight away. If it is bussy it might also mean he will mis his flight.

He needs to go to immigration with the police report and new passport, to get his permission to stay transferred to the new paspsort and get a replacement arrival card. They will notice the overstay and might either asking him to pay there or tell him to just do it at the airport. Make sure he takes his ticket out of the country with him, so they can see he is really leaving the country. At the immigration office he will need to fill in some forms, not sure if he needs a passport pic.

Overstay is 500 baht a day, with amaximum of 20,000 baht. If he has to pay at the immmirgation office he might also need to get a 7 day under consideration, which costs 1,900 baht.

Believe his not departing on replacement passport may be an issue (suspect he did not visit immigration to enter details in it). The fine will be 500 baht per day up to 20,000 baht. Normally entry must be made in new passport and as this will be second new passport there may be delay. I would visit Bangkok immigration on day of departure to get that taken care of before flight (time might be short trying to do at airport and he could miss flight/be detained).

When you go to Cheng Wattana to get the stamps moved over, please be polite and penitent and have the 20,000 baht and a plane ticket in hand.

Do not be demanding as they can and have in the past month arrested people and sent them to the IDC to await deportation to country of origin.

BB

PS Yes this is a semi new development

Edited by Badbanker

Thanks boys ,i have passed that info on better he goes early gets passport,then to bkk immigration,and on to air/p as his fl is at 6pm.also told him check with pattaya immigration

I did a visa run 27/3 with my new passport and old,they sent me to the overstay counter ,but only to transfer old details over to new,no payment,,but they did send me to get old and new passports and visas photo copied,i did have a letter from embassy for new passport,they didnt ask for that i gave photo copy anyway,took 15.20 min.

ta... cat