Electric Lawn Mowers

sunholidaysun1

I bought an electric strimmer, not a lawnmower, at the utilities shop on the LHS as you go down Prasopsuk Road past the old bus station towards the superhighway. I'm not sure but I think they may have had electric proper mowers. Past the paint shop on the LHS, say at about 70% of the total distance from the bus station to the superhighway.

They last a year. Crap. Bought a Honda powered petrol. :)

Do you know what brand you had ? I have seen an Accord brand electric mower in town for 3800 bht .

The Petrol mowers are about 10,000 up and a bit big for my patch of turf.

I had a look at that one also and its pretty cheap as the large extension cord would cost around 2000 baht on its own.The Tool Shop near Macro(sells mainly secondhand tools)has a big Black and Decker Fly Mo for 1500 baht but the blade is r---ted

Do you know what brand you had ? I have seen an Accord brand electric mower in town for 3800 bht .

I had a look at that one also and its pretty cheap as the large extension cord would cost around 2000 baht on its own.The Tool Shop near Macro(sells mainly secondhand tools)has a big Black and Decker Fly Mo for 1500 baht but the blade is r---ted

Where near Macro please, I will take a look . what is r---ted ?

Yes, I'd be interested where the place is too. I'm guessing 'Rooted' is used as a swear word in Aus. Use your Imagination :D

Google urbandictionary

Edited by jubby

B&D hover and a 3500bht no name one. Crap.

My chum the same. He also bought a Thai made petrol with drive for l think 9000bht which didn't last much longer, in fact everywhere l went offered no guarantee :huh:. So l bought a Honda powered mower where the motor has 1 year guarantee but not the rest of it :rolleyes:, and yep, the handle sheared off. Welded some steel to reinforce it so now cool. BUT it has no drive so it's the only exercise l get.

"U" Turn at Airport Traffic lights and towards Macro there is a Tin Shed on left that sell hundreds of new and used tools.

If you are looking for a good Lawn Mower try Husqvarna. There are many models to choose from . Not cheap but are tough and reliable with good warrantee and spare parts back up right here in Chiang Rai provence. Look up www.huskymowersthailand.com. or call 08 7575 2528.

If you are looking for a good Lawn Mower try Husqvarna. There are many models to choose from . Not cheap but are tough and reliable with good warrantee and spare parts back up right here in Chiang Rai provence. Look up www.huskymowersthailand.com. or call 08 7575 2528.

huskymowers - does Thailand have any other Husky dealers / distributors? I have actually considered a Husky (got an email quote from you). My other choice is a Honda (real 100% Honda mowers are a bit hard to find). I just wonder about the availability of spare parts other than from your stock.

Edited by klikster