Tourist Visa - Vientiane Laos

I'm planning to go on a run up to Laos (or somewhere) before Songkran hits, but worried it might be a waste of a trip. I am from the US, and I'm staying in Thailand on a 3-entry tourist visa (from and honorary consulate) which I've basically maxed-out for the longest possible stay. Got 30-day extensions on all three entries. This was my first and only tourist visa. I have a couple of 30-day exempt stamps in my passport from around a year or two ago. I would like to get an additional 2-entry tourist visa if I can, but from recent postings it seems like that might be a no-go.

Given my situation, is is possible to get an additional 2-entry visa? Or a 1-entry? Would Laos be the best place to try for a double?

Are there agent that can get you an actual (non-fake) visa, so I don't have to run the embassy gauntlet myself (or at least make it as painless as possible)? Anybody know of a decent agent that will take care of the business so I can relax and get in and out quickly? What are the prices like?

Any advice would be appreciated. And yes, I know I should get an 'O'-visa instead, I'm planning on it but can't do it yet. Thanks in advance.

PP is the best bet right now but be prepared for the normal 4 day wait for your visa or pay the normal 35 USD to get it the next day. Jack golf is a reputable visa run company and fairly cheap. your visa fee depends on where your from but google jack and give them a call. they speak English.

I would imagine the people most in the know about the Tourist Visa situation in neighboring S/E Asian countries are probably the ‘visa run’ businesses.

They are the above board businesses which specialize in lugging foreigners to various countries and securing Tourist Visas. They are NOT agents, they are legitimate businesses!

Here’s the top 3 in Bangkok in random order;

Quick Thai Visa Run - Philip

Thai Visa Service - Claudio

Jack Total Golf

Give ‘em a call and ask. I’m sure you’ll find one of them who can help you with your particular situation. ..

BTW: I am NOT affiliated with ANY of the above companies and provide it for informative purposes only! :)

1. Take photos with you! And money to show.

2. As you ask only for the 2end visa only, it's may possible. But as Loburi told already. may better go to Mukdahan, if you like to do it in the Isaan!

Edited by Somrak

Wow, that's pretty discouraging. Sounds like I may have to go to PP, but what is the deal with paying $35 for next-day service? Is this an official fee, or something you have to take care of through other channels?

2. As you ask only for the 2end visa only, it's may possible. But as Loburi told already. may better go to Mukdahan, if you like to do it in the Isaan!

Indeed... I got a double entry from Savannakhet two weeks ago... They even offered me a triple, which I denied because useless for me this time B)

Indeed... I got a double entry from Savannakhet two weeks ago... They even offered me a triple, which I denied because useless for me this time B)

How was the experience in Savannakhet? Did you go there on a "visa run" with a previous tourist visa or was this your initial entrance into Thailand? Any special requirements or documentation asked for? I have about 150k baht in my Thai bank book right now, would that be enough to proof, or do I have to gather up some bank statements from back home to show? Was a departing ticket asked for? Any answers are appreciated.

The only info I could find on the Savannakhet consulate were some older reports from around 4 years ago (not on Thaivisa) stating that it was a terrible place to obtain a visa and most people get denied. I would hate to go all the way there and get turned-down, anybody who has details, please post and let all of us know.

How was the experience in Savannakhet? Did you go there on a "visa run" with a previous tourist visa or was this your initial entrance into Thailand? Any special requirements or documentation asked for? I have about 150k baht in my Thai bank book right now, would that be enough to proof, or do I have to gather up some bank statements from back home to show? Was a departing ticket asked for? Any answers are appreciated.

The only info I could find on the Savannakhet consulate were some older reports from around 4 years ago (not on Thaivisa) stating that it was a terrible place to obtain a visa and most people get denied. I would hate to go all the way there and get turned-down, anybody who has details, please post and let all of us know.

That was three weeks ago... I arrived on a Thursday around 10am and I first thought that it was closed: because nobody except the officers. It took me two minutes to give my application form and copies... got a double entry -they even offered me a triple but that was useless in my case- next day at 1pm.

No other documentation or proof of whatever was asked.

I have a new passport with only another double entry -issued in Brussels- and two visa exemption stamps.

Otherwise, I am using tourist visas and exempt stamps combination for the last ten years and I never faced any problem.

Good luck with your run... and bring some good reading materiel because nothing to do in Savannakhet B)