Phuket Holiday

techno

Hi to Phuket Forum

Just returned to my home in Chiang Mai after spending 9 days on this beautiful island. The fact that it rained 7 out of the 9 days l was there did not distract me from having a good and relaxing time. If it had not rained l could have spent more time on Karon beach than l did but the hotel l stayed in was one of the best l have been to since staying in Chiang Mai for 10 years. I did not like Patong to much other than Carrefour and Robinsons which the wife liked on rainy days but after a couple of days we decided to move down the road to Karon beach. We stayed at the Front Village Hotel which is just a short walk to the beach and the shops and bars. I must say the buffet breakfast is one of the best and the services from the staff is great. Lovely sea view room which was exceptionally cleaned every day with mini bar and tea making facilities. Thank you Phuket and l will be coming back soon when the weather improves as l can now fly direct from CNX to Phuket at reasonable cost with Air Asia.

It's refreshing to read a positive post about Phuket on the Phuket Forum from a visitor from another part of Thailand. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I stay away from Patong too now. I used to live there six years ago, it's changed just a bit.

Thanks for letting us know.

95% of people feel the same when they come to Phuket, but normally it's the other 5% who post.

See you soon.

Thanks OP, cool to read a post reflecting what most visitors actually experience, not just the bashers

Came back to Phuket last night after a fortnight away.

Sun is shining and temp is 31C again, so welcome back :)

pity about the weather but nice to hear you made the most of it; this time last year was our last days on Phuket after a year there (Karon and Chalong), we had a friend staying the last week we lived there and looking back at the photos we took when she visited it was calm and dry apart from two evenings when the clouds rolled in, thunder/lightning, a downpour then clear again.

You may have seen more of Patong than we ever have - went to movies once at Jungceylon, competed in a lifeguards event, otherwise just drove straight through when going to/from airport. People used to say 'you must see Patong at night' but not what I'm interested in. Karon and the southern part of the island are great, as is the area on the upper west coast near the airport.

We're heading back for a week from the 21st and staying with friends in Chalong, looking forward to seeing some old faces, and hopefully snorkeling and kayaking if weather is ok.

Edited by genghis61

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Those were a long 7 days of rain, my kids just about went cuckoo cuckoo. But, the streets are clean and today was a wonderful sunny day. Come back again soon.