Travel Insurance

chuang

What are you looking to do? Insurance for an upcoming trip? If so, I highly recommend worldnomads.com. You can get an online quote and they are VERY reputable.

We had to make a claim about 1.5 years ago during a trip to Europe. It was extremely hassle free. I've insured with them many times in the past. They are also very cheap.

If this is what you are looking for????

What are you looking to do? Insurance for an upcoming trip? If so, I highly recommend worldnomads.com. You can get an online quote and they are VERY reputable.

We had to make a claim about 1.5 years ago during a trip to Europe. It was extremely hassle free. I've insured with them many times in the past. They are also very cheap.

I have a question. If someone holds a Non-Immigration type "retirement visa" in Thailand, and wants to buy Nomad's travel insurance for a trip overseas, can they put Thailand as their country of permanent residence? According to worldnomads.com, you must be legally defined as a permanent resident (not temporary) of Thailand to do so. Permanent residence is defined as the country you would wish to be repatriated to in the event of a medical emergency and where you would be able to then receive long term medical care, if required.

I have a question. If someone holds a Non-Immigration type "retirement visa" in Thailand, and wants to buy Nomad's travel insurance for a trip overseas, can they put Thailand as their country of permanent residence? According to worldnomads.com, you must be legally defined as a permanent resident (not temporary) of Thailand to do so. Permanent residence is defined as the country you would wish to be repatriated to in the event of a medical emergency and where you would be able to then receive long term medical care, if required.

I just tried the online system and it let me put in Thailand. I should also point out that Thaivisa has a program for travel insurance also. I would recommend getting a few quotes and comparing the policies.

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/our-products/travel-insurance.html

The best in Chiang Mai (with an English speaker) is AA Ins - try Gary 084 805 8815 - can do online

Erin doors as just got her travel insurance as we will go to the uk for 1 month..booked it with AA and it cost a meeesley 500 baht rolleyes.gif

I have used AXA for my trip to europe next week, for complete travel insurance up to 3 million baht cost me 1280thb for a 21 day trip. Axa are also one of the companies approved by most of the foreign embassies in the case of a Thai applying for a visa, as I needed insurance also for my wife and daughter. You can buy direct from the office on superhighway or from Gary at AA. I got mine from the superhighway branch and they game me a receipt and letter to give to the embassies to help with the visa process and I got my full policy through the post 10 days later.