Acrylic Nail Removal In Nong Khai Or Udon Thani

thirteenalpha

My wife decided it would be cool to get these white and pink acrylic nails put on before we came to Thailand. Now she needs to take them off but doesn't know where to get the stuff. I think she just needs a regular nail polish remover with acetone. I stopped her from soaking them in the turpentine that the house painters are using because I don't want to visit the hospital. We are about 20 minutes out of Nong Khai. Does anyone know of a nail salon in Nong Khai or even Udon Thani that has experience with this? She said she didn't see it in Tesco, but I might have to take a look next time I'm in there.

You could try Makro (if there is one in Nong Khai) ... they sell a quart size jar of acetone for 60 baht or so. We always keep a supply on hand for removing those nasty stickers retailers place on their products. Otherwise, I'm sure there's a "beauty supply" shop somewhere in Nong Khai that would carry it.. It always makes me laugh that the bottle of acetone they sell at Makro is labelled "Nail Remover" as opposed to "Nail POLISH Remover".

Edit: Thanks to your post I guess the label "Nail Remover" does make some sense as acetone can be used to remove "acrylic" nails as opposed to natural ones... but I still think it's labelled wrong! rolleyes.gif

Edited by danfred

Well according to all 5 of my sister-in-laws, you can pretty much go into any beauty salon and have them removed. As Prajak mentioned, there is a Makro in Nongkhai which is worth a try if your wife wants to do it herself or alternatively pop in to "Pan Cosmetics" in Tesco Lotus where co-incidentally one of my sister-in-laws work. Promise I wont get any comission for the referral ;-).

Guemlum