B-Visa - Hard To Get?

I'm planning to start my business in November 2011 so i'd like to apply for a B-visa.

How hard is it to get a Thai B-visa from any of the countries in the region? Do i need proof to show i'm starting a company in Thailand? The plans and research for the company are finshed but I don't have any official paperwork or contracts to show yet.

In the region impossible.

You must show that you are getting employed by a Thai company.

If no company exists then no non-B visa.

Enter on a tourist visa and start the company first.

Edited by PoorSucker

Not quite....if a company, say a legal office in Thailand provided documentation that the indivdual was coming to Thailand to look at the possibility of setting up a a company or persue business interests, the person concerned should be able to get a non-imm B.<BR><BR>But you are correct if the OP thinks he can tick a box on form and be issued with a Non-imm B with no supporting documentation.

In that case the B-visa can wait until the end of the year.

So what about a tourist visa? Which country in the region can supply me with a double entry visa without too much hassle? (My passport already has 2 years worth of Thai tourist visa's).

4 months ago is tried to get a triple entry visa in Holland but they just scrapped it so they gave me a double entry. What happened to the triple entry visa?

So what about a tourist visa? Which country in the region can supply me with a double entry visa without too much hassle? (My passport already has 2 years worth of Thai tourist visa's).

4 months ago is tried to get a triple entry visa in Holland but they just scrapped it so they gave me a double entry. What happened to the triple entry visa?

Phnom Penh will give you double entry tourist visa.

• 1 month later...

Phnom Penh will give you double entry tourist visa.

Mentions it's possible to get a double tourist visa in Phnom Penh but only through a visa agent. I don't trust my passport to anyone in a third world country so that's not an option for me, is there any other way to get a double entry visa in Phnom Penh, drop by the Thai consulate myself perhaps?

If a double entry is not possible then a single entry must do but then i prefer to visit a different country. Anywhere in the region except Malaysia will do. I've always wanted to visit vietnam, how is the visa procedure over there? Quick or slow?

I see Vientiane - Laos can also provide a double entry tourist visa. My passport already contains 2 years worth of tourist visa's, is that going to be a problem in Laos? I've read a few posts where people were denied a new tourist visa.

Thanks

Yes, but do be aware that there are some intricate timing manouvres required when setting up a company and then using that company to apply for your own Non-Immigrant "B" visa and work permit. For example, you may be a company shareholder without a work permit (that's "passive investment") but you cannot be a company signatory without one (signing is "work", ya know). Being a company director appears to be OK as long as your participation as a director is limited to attending director's meetings and doesn't involve any "work", i.e. signing documents on the company's behalf and certainly not directing staff to do anything. As a company requires a signatory in order to apply for a work permit, there's a bit of a Catch-22. Normally, a Thai director is required, at least temporarily, to get the work permit issued for a foreign director or manager.

Yes, but do be aware that there are some intricate timing manouvres required when setting up a company and then using that company to apply for your own Non-Immigrant "B" visa and work permit. For example, you may be a company shareholder without a work permit (that's "passive investment") but you cannot be a company signatory without one (signing is "work", ya know). Being a company director appears to be OK as long as your participation as a director is limited to attending director's meetings and doesn't involve any "work", i.e. signing documents on the company's behalf and certainly not directing staff to do anything. As a company requires a signatory in order to apply for a work permit, there's a bit of a Catch-22. Normally, a Thai director is required, at least temporarily, to get the work permit issued for a foreign director or manager.

That's covered :)

Has anyone around here been to Vietnam to get a tourist visa? Hanoi or Ho chi minh?