Shenzhen Visa

hello to everyone, especially from the settlement visa waiting topic at the end of last year,

so its getting towards summer and just thinking about the hassle of the shenzhen visa for the missis for maybe spain of france for a week.

any of you guys got experience of this kind of visa system and if its available through a postal system.

kind regards,

steve

Shenzhen is a major city in the south of Southern China's Guangdong Province, so visit to the Chinese embassy is in order.

If you mean Schengen visa, you must contact your local consulate.

The missus must go in person for interview.

Shenzhen is a major city in the south of Southern China's Guangdong Province, so visit to the Chinese embassy is in order.

If you mean Schengen visa, you must contact your local consulate.

The missus must go in person for interview.

I agree.

When my misses applied for her schengen visa (90 day holiday visa) she put the application in (am), in the afternoon on the same day, she had to have an interview.

The process is very easy, compared to uk holiday visa.

Where do you and your wife live? If you are both resident in the UK, and as you talk about a settlement visa, I presume this to be the case then she can apply in London, otherwise she will need to apply in Thailand.

She should apply at the consulate for the Schengen Area country which is the main destination, if there is no main destination then she should apply for her visa from the country she intends to enter the Schengen Area.

Where do you and your wife live? If you are both resident in the UK, and as you talk about a settlement visa, I presume this to be the case then she can apply in London, otherwise she will need to apply in Thailand.

She should apply at the consulate for the Schengen Area country which is the main destination, if there is no main destination then she should apply for her visa from the country she intends to enter the Schengen Area.

og,

thanks for the reply, you are correct in thinking we are in the uk on settlement visa, sorry my info was lacking.

as we live a long way from london i was looking for alternatives, ie a postal application, or countries that offer visa on arrival although not sure this is an option.

king regards

The French Consulate Visa Section, via their agents TLS Contact Centre, were accepting postal applications up until the introduction of biometric data captureing in early 2011, though I don't know if it has started yet: Have a look at the Q&A on their website https://www.tlscontact.com/gb2fr/help.php#apply_postal

You say you live a long way from London, I seem to remember the French Consulate had an office in Edinburgh though I don't know if they process visas.

No countries in Schengen offer visas on arrival.

France

From Tuesday the 22nd of March 2011 onwards and until the issuance of biometric visas, four categories of applicants are allowed to apply by post for a short stay Schengen visa without having to go personally to the TLScontact visas centre. Only 1 applies to you. Postal application only possible if you live in one of the following counties:

puce.gif Cheshire

puce.gif Cornwall

puce.gif Cumbria

puce.gif Derbyshire

puce.gif Devon

puce.gif Durham

puce.gif Gibraltar

puce.gif Great Manchester

puce.gif Guernesey

puce.gif Isle of Wight

puce.gif Jersey

puce.gif Lancashire

puce.gif Merseyside

puce.gif Northern Ireland

puce.gif Northumberland

puce.gif Shropshire

puce.gif Tyne and Wear

puce.gif Wales

puce.gif Yorkshire

You must first connect to the TLScontact Website https://www.tlscontact.com/gb2fr/login.php , then choose the type of short stay visa you need and then answer the questions. If you are eligible to apply by post, the software will give you the choice to apply by registered post. Otherwise you will have to take an appointment at the visa centre in London.

Warning: you cannot send your file by post if you are not registered on the TLScontact website.

Spain

Applicants can no longer go to the Consulate and wait for a first come first served appointment. You can either:

- Send a photocopy of your wife's passport and UK visa to the Consulate and request an appointment; or

- Apply using VFS (in person, London); or

- Use an agent.

2 - 8 weeks minimum to get an appointment. No postal application, so if postal is a must for you, you'd have to use an agent for a Schengen visa issued by the Spanish Consulate.

OT (ish) but maybe relevant to others

I take it you are British? If you were an EEA national living in the UK then technically you need only your passports and a copy of your marriage certificate to gain entry to an EEA state - that carries the risks of you meeting a recalcitrant border official though, so sorting out a visa in advance would be preferable.

many many thanks for your reply's guys, we're already in the system for the french visa side of things and through the postal application too as we are in one of the area's that bangkockney stated in his info, you are a star,

kind regards to all