Where Is There Justice In Thailand

starcad

FYI & FWIW, there is a thread on another forum about this incident which has a different perspective of the event. Or, at least it certainly sounds like the same event. Not sure if it's against forum rules to link to the other site, so mods, please feel free to delete this link: <link deleted> if it is against the rules.

Here's an excerpt from the opening post describing the event:

One of the Harley riders was doing the usual 'park where I want..wot ya gonna do about it? stunt'..once parked his big bike was clearly in the way of anyone with 4 wheels trying to pass by.

A pick-up came and a lady got out and asked politely if the said bike could be moved..??

A hail of bad-ass abuse came from the biker, and he kicked over some of the small Hondas next to his bike!

I'm not taking sides, just pointing out there *might* be two sides to this story, perhaps with a bit of blame to spread around? <shrug>

[edited to add formatting (line spacing) to the quote]

Edited by metisdead
Not to post URL links to other forums

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spent many a night down the bintabaht and never had any problems. You do not get the crap beaten out of you there for just simply parking your bike. Sorry but if your mate is saying that is what happened he is full of crap. The fact he did get a good beating says he did a lot more than park a bike.There is a lot more to this than is being said.

x2

People are on Ya-Ba if they think it was unprovoked, at the very min he mouthed off or knows the BG. That's 7 at the bottom of Bintabaht and I've been to all of them bars before, if the vid didn't suck I could prob name some people. Farangs even drive cars up there and have lots of problems with space and vendors, so parking your bike in front of 7 is harmless by any standards.

This thread is just about 1 guy crying because he provoked or did something bad and got a typical thai gang rape. My own sympthy is that the chairs were plastic and their was no metal or timber in hand. Seems like a typical Som Nam Na to me but a thai over the top beating.

<br />FYI & FWIW, there is a thread on another forum about this incident which has a different perspective of the event. Or, at least it certainly sounds like the same event. Not sure if it's against forum rules to link to the other site, so mods, please feel free to delete this link: <link deleted> if it is against the rules.<br /><br />Here's an excerpt from the opening post describing the event:<br /><br />
One of the Harley riders was doing the usual 'park where I want..wot ya gonna do about it? stunt'..once parked his big bike was clearly in the way of anyone with 4 wheels trying to pass by.<br /><br /> A pick-up came and a lady got out and asked politely if the said bike could be moved..??<br /><br /> A hail of bad-ass abuse came from the biker, and he kicked over some of the small Hondas next to his bike!
<br />I'm not taking sides, just pointing out there *might* be two sides to this story, perhaps with a bit of blame to spread around? <shrug><br /><br /><font size="1"><i>[edited to add formatting (line spacing) to the quote]</i></font><br />

Is it just a coindence that the bike looks big and hes wearing a typical (wannabe bad asss but looks gay) leather waist coat?

Edited by sam666

The bikers are creating all sorts of problems in HH now.

Parking where they want and using abusive language to the Thais or farangs for that matter who complain. and Burning it up in quiet sois to annoy all and sundry

Thais generally have a long fuse but provoked and losing face they go bananas

Seen it many times in HH. BK and KK and it's usually the Harley boy with a big chopper and a small willie or some nut who has a karate dan. They invariably promote conflict by using western style abuse to a Thai situ

They cannot win and should either get streetwise or pi** off.

In this particular case I heard from a witness that the biker after being politely asked to park his bike properly started F'ng and Blinding at the top of his voice. He got what he deserved IMO

Inadvertent, yeah right.

And I'm paul daniels about to pull a rabbit outta my ass.

If he's some newbee I'd guess he used the word 'fuc_k' during a minor confrontation. They don't like that word when they think it's in reference to them.

Edited by appropriate

One thing my many years in Thailand has taught me is that a person never gets beat up by a bunch of bar girls and a bouncer for doing nothing, sad that people thing that's not the case.

Doing nothing in reference to their culture, perhaps. Doing nothing in reference to Thai culture, not likely.

Please read again. I didnt say he had seen her before, I said "possibly from previous relationship".

Maybe I dumber than dumb but please explain.Do you mean a relationship where they have never seen each other?

and for others to avoid such situation, parking in front of one business to give your business to the neighbor is considered inpolite all over Thailand.

I'm also living long time in Thailand and still don't understand how these people still get away with it.They don't own the road in front of their shop,do they?So if I want to go to the hairdresser ,which I don't need to anymore ,and who runs shop in a many kilometers long street with many businesses there is actually only ONE parking space where I can park without the risk of being beaten senseless.

Words spring to mind which i better don't post here.,but this has nothing to do with culture

Edited by janverbeem

Don't know what happened and don't claim to. But I will say this:

Over 2 decades in this country about half that time either running bars,discos and nightclubs and/or hanging out in them (I'm thoroughly reformed now) and I've sen and even been involved in some truly horrific violence. Usually for something pretty bad but on occasion for a ridiculously small reason when compared to the attack it resulted in. And I've heard -- from absolutely reliable sources -- of many other incedents.

But I have never once seen or heard of an assault that was entirely random and without some perceived cause (valid or not, proportionate or not). Maybe the Falang (or Thai) never meant to do anything wrong at all or (more often) they didn't mean to do anything all that nasty just a bit of an insult or disrespect, but they always did something.

Now as for the failure for the police to do anything (if indeed that's the case, I get that but it can't be justified.)

But people should show this to all thsoe ridiculous peole who say Thais are non-violent nlah blah blah...

EDIT: Want to reiterate -- sometimes the victim really didn't think they'd done something bad and add -- sometimes they hadn't done anything wrong, but the perpetrators had a motive even if it was totally unjustifiable; it wasn't random (and in those cases it's not a trivial issue that motivates the attacker(s) ).

Edited by SteeleJoe

Fom my time in Thailand I have never seen a Thai launch an unprovoked attack. They have either been or feel as if they have been insulted in some way, either verbally or physically.

Ok,Thai good everybody else bad yeah.When Thai fight foreigner,Thai is always right,foreigner always wrong.You'r not a Thai by any chance are you?

Sorry about that. here you go.

Fom my time in Thailand I have never seen a Thai launch an unprovoked attack. They have either been or feel as if they have been insulted in some way, either verbally or physically.

Ok,Thai good everybody else bad yeah.When Thai fight foreigner,Thai is always right,foreigner always wrong.You'r not a Thai by any chance are you?

Now I shall respond to you:

What kind of idiot would say that? Certainly no one on this thread has.

Edited by SteeleJoe

Sorry about that. here you go.

Now I shall respond to you:

What kind of idiot would say that? Certainly no one on this thread has.

Let me highlight it for you.To me that reads the same as,a Thai is always right when he launches an attack,either at a fellow Thai or a Foreigner.

Edited by janverbeem

If that's how the thread reads to you then -- with all due respect -- you have serious reading comprehension issues.

By the way, context is everything:

From my time in Thailand I have never seen a Thai launch an unprovoked attack. They have either been or feel as if they have been insulted in some way, either verbally or physically.

You might also note he/she said he/she had never seen an unprovoked attack. So far the poster hasn't made claims about all Thais or every incident that ever happened in Thailand. And more to the point, he hasn't said that in the cases he's seen the Thais were always right or even ever right -- just provoked.

By the way, if you don't like that post, you must not have liked mine too much either.

EDITED: To add sentence that somehow got inadvertently omitted.

Edited by SteeleJoe

The OP is obviously the guy that got the beat down and obviously it was provoked now hes just crying justice. It's like the big tough guy abusing people in his car and one day another driver gets out and gives him a beat down. He runs off to the police, claims it's unprovoked and crys justice.

I'll pop in the bar when its songkran and get the real story for extra laughs. Bet he pulled up in his harly (can see in vid) in his gay waist coat with skulls, was asked to move it. Started abusing the bar girl and she called a few friends down, got a serious beat down. Comes to thaivisa after he paid his medical bill, and starts crying about LOS justice.

/End of thread, halarious thread though, thanks for laughs OP.

Edited by sam666

I've seen lots of guys park where they shouldn't, ie. taxi area. I've then seen Thais ask them to remove their bike or make a gesture that the space is reserved or whatever. I have never seen someone attacked out of the blue in such a situation.

In this situation we have one person saying it was unprovoked supported by an unclear video clip. So maybe it was a guy doing the big bike tuff guy act, maybe there was some unfinished business from the past or maybe it was a yabaahead losing it.

Rule #1: smile and be polite

Rule #2: let them win the small stuff

electrozebra didn't say that. Read the post again. If people don't know anything about Thai society or Thai ways they should not come here in an ignorant state.

Edited by johnnyk

Just looked at it again and again.

The attacker comes from across the road and the girls spill out of the bar directly across the road. So he's not parked in front of that bar.

Not clear to me if he was arriving or leaving. I'm guessing riders turn the lights on after they start up but the headlight was on so I'm thinking he had just arrived and had not switched everything off yet.

The girl in red is in the crowd then she moves toward the road where the attacker comes from. Then she joins in with uncommon enthusiasm once the biker has been shoved.

To me it looks like there may have been some prior history, maybe with the girl in red or others in that bar. It sure looks like the people in that bar knew who he was.

I can see it now clearly, and with the OP comments it is all the more reason to stay in your houses.

My Friend(NOT the Poster)

who inadvertently(Not knowing)

parked his bike in front(ACROSS)

of a bar in Soi Binterbarn(in front of a Mini-Mart)

was bashed senseless by a group of Thais(PISSED off Bar Girls)

last week leaving him with Broken nose, Black eyes, cracked ribs, bumps & bruises all over. After spending over 10,000 baht on medical bills & even when getting

CCTV footage showing(ONLY A PORTION) CLEARLY who perpetrated the offense

NOTHING is Done by the Police.. Same story again..(Story:: 7-11 and Mini-Mart have asked that ALL Farang not park in front of their stores. They have hired Bar Girls to enforce this Policy)

If it were a Thai Bashed by Foreigners they would be in the Monkey House & or paying a high price to the Thais. Is it any wonder people are avoiding Thailand (HUH)

when this sort of thing is consistently occurring. (PROTEST MINI-MARTS NOW!!!!)

Just remember

YOU WILL NEVER GET JUSTICE here unless you are Thai... Looks like 10 Bars girls got some Payback

Dont even bother to try because you will only get more grief & pain

Thank goodness you found this site to help you in your time of need..

His bike is in front of the minimart and people park in front of minimarts all the time when they go in to buy something. Unclear if he had been in the minimart or not, in any case why would the bar or the BG care?

What is clear is the girl pointing him out and the guy runs up to shove him in response. Do BGs point out falangs randomly for a beating?

Not that I have seen but others may feel this is a common occurrence.

The way the BG goes after the biker suggests there is history somewhere in this situation.

And most tourists don't go around in full tuff guy rags so maybe he is an expat who is known down Binthabaht way.

But, "what if" the events unfolded as told, apparently first-hand from someone who saw the event, on another forum.

I would not be surprised to see a Thai, even a bar girl, come over to "teach the farang a lesson," if he swore at/abused the Thai lady from the pickup, and then knocked over other bikes.

But, "what if" the events unfolded as told, apparently first-hand from someone who saw the event, on another forum.

I would not be surprised to see a Thai, even a bar girl, come over to "teach the farang a lesson," if he swore at/abused the Thai lady from the pickup, and then knocked over other bikes.

I'd say it's spot on going by the bike, typical leather waist coat and area. You go to the busy bar scene in the middle of the night on a big bike just to go to the 7 there? Don't think so, he was most likely trying to be a bad ass, got him self owned and come to TV to cry about the police. I remember driving home one night on my GFs scooter with her, 10pm or what ever and some farang complete with gay leathers and accessorys roared up behind me. Made as much noise and as scene as possible, over took me and got stuck behind a car. I saw the opperunity to make a fool out of him and over took him when I saw the opperunity and gave a girl beep and laugh. He got so pissed he decided to follow me to into my soi to the family mart. Then when I got off the bike he realised how big I was and he carryed on, 1 minute later he drives back by and exits the soi and carrys on where he was going.

It's just laughable the whole wannabe tough guy farang biker thing complete with accessorys and attutide. Then this happens and they are straight on TV crying about the police, I say Som Nam Na. OP either needs to learn how to fight or keep his mouth and attutide under control when hes in the presence of thai's that won't hesitiate to show him some culture. Lucky it isn't Pattaya or Bangkok, he could have been looking at the wrong side of a knife/gun or a more severe beating.

electrozebra didn't say that. Read the post again. If people don't know anything about Thai society or Thai ways they should not come here in an ignorant state.

I did not say ALL Thai people are good. I have been here for 5 years now and have seen Thai on Thai, but not Thai on Farang. I have seen Thai men assault their femal companions outside pubs, seen Thai people fighting. Seen thai women beating their men too.

In the past I have heard of Thai women attacking their man - usually out of jealousy or some perceived act on his part that has made the woman jealous / angry - or maybe their man has tried it on with another woman or whatever.

But, from many of the less 'salubrious' places I have been to, I have never yet seen a Thai attack a Farang for no reason at all. And for such a vicious attack as the one seen on this CCTV coverage, there has to be a lot more to this than 'parling his bike in a soi'.

Anyway, think what you like, I can only go by what I have seen and what I have learnt about Thai society.

No, I am not Thai.

I'll add, the way some Farang men behave towards ordinary Thai females, I'm not surprised they get a good ass whupping. They would get the same back home too !!

Ok, " what if " the Guy " swore at a Thai Lady ", Bar Girl, Girl who works in an Opticians, whatever, let's say that is what happened..

What next ??

The way you word it, it strikes me that because of that, you seem to think it's acceptable, or seem to suggest it's acceptable in Thailand anyway , that what happened next actually happened ( teach teh Farang a lesson ).

You'd be right if that was what you were suggesting.

IF this is what happened, then 1 ) The Fella shouldn't be swearing at Women ( or Men ) in general anyway & 2 ) If he does/did, he'd be encouraging a challenge & challnges of that manner, normally lead to violence be it from the person he's sworn at or, as it was seemingly a Woman, a Male Friend..

This is not a Thai only problem, it happens all over the World.

Thai's have an incredible " Us against Them " mentality when thngs go wrong or when they are " disrespetcted ", they are in general like Pack Animals, as hass been provven of various instances of violence against their own kind & also Westerners.

Westerners see it as shocking, horrific or whatever, but in Thailand, it's just normality.

I was in a bar next to where the whole thing kicked off the other night and got a diferent story from farangs that were there and witnessed the fracas.

It seems he parked his bike blocking the entrance to a bar, he was asked to move it but refused and was loud and abusive which all around could clearly hear. This guy then wanders off to another bar leaving his bike still blocking the first bar, one of the girls went and asked if he would come back and move his bike and got another mouthfull.

Then enters into the mix a pick up truck that cant get past, the driver and then the lady passenger ask him to move his bike. They are then met with a volley of abuse and the biker starts thumping on the bonnet of the pick up, they somehow get past in the end but it does not end there.

He then gets involved in a spat with a clothes seller and scatters some of her goods across the soi, the result it seems can be seen on u tube.

My understanding is that the farangs cheered when he was dealt with as they too had heard enough of his abuse.

As I stated I was not there but the people who told me the facts are very reliable.

In 12 years I have never seen a farang attacked in that soi by a thai, but have seen a few drunken farangs flailing handbags.

TTM

I was in a bar next to where the whole thing kicked off the other night and got a diferent story from farangs that were there and witnessed the fracas.

It seems he parked his bike blocking the entrance to a bar, he was asked to move it but refused and was loud and abusive which all around could clearly hear. This guy then wanders off to another bar leaving his bike still blocking the first bar, one of the girls went and asked if he would come back and move his bike and got another mouthfull.

Then enters into the mix a pick up truck that cant get past, the driver and then the lady passenger ask him to move his bike. They are then met with a volley of abuse and the biker starts thumping on the bonnet of the pick up, they somehow get past in the end but it does not end there.

He then gets involved in a spat with a clothes seller and scatters some of her goods across the soi, the result it seems can be seen on u tube.

My understanding is that the farangs cheered when he was dealt with as they too had heard enough of his abuse.

As I stated I was not there but the people who told me the facts are very reliable.

In 12 years I have never seen a farang attacked in that soi by a thai, but have seen a few drunken farangs flailing handbags.

TTM

Huh.

Am I certain that the above is what happened? Of course not, as neither I or you actually saw any of this but I'm sure I won't be the last to say that this sounds like a FAR more likely scenario than being attacked for no reason than choosing the wrong place to park. (And why would these falangs you spoke to make up a story? They might have but I tend to doubt it.)

I'm also sure that I won't be the last to say that he had it coming -- whether you feel there's never any excuse for violence or not (as no doubt some do), or you feel that the response to the above actions of the Falang was inproportionate to the offense: if a guy climbs into a into the cage of a lion who is normally docile and unaggressive and proceeds to throw things at the lion and poke him with a stick -- well you might not celebrate his gettting mauled but your sympathy might be somewhat limited and you would say, he had it coming.

I'd say it's spot on going by the bike, typical leather waist coat and area. You go to the busy bar scene in the middle of the night on a big bike just to go to the 7 there? Don't think so, he was most likely trying to be a bad ass, got him self owned and come to TV to cry about the police. I remember driving home one night on my GFs scooter with her, 10pm or what ever and some farang complete with gay leathers and accessorys roared up behind me. Made as much noise and as scene as possible, over took me and got stuck behind a car. I saw the opperunity to make a fool out of him and over took him when I saw the opperunity and gave a girl beep and laugh. He got so pissed he decided to follow me to into my soi to the family mart. Then when I got off the bike he realised how big I was and he carryed on, 1 minute later he drives back by and exits the soi and carrys on where he was going.

It's just laughable the whole wannabe tough guy farang biker thing complete with accessorys and attutide. Then this happens and they are straight on TV crying about the police, I say Som Nam Na. OP either needs to learn how to fight or keep his mouth and attutide under control when hes in the presence of thai's that won't hesitiate to show him some culture. Lucky it isn't Pattaya or Bangkok, he could have been looking at the wrong side of a knife/gun or a more severe beating.

I must agree with you....there are so many guys here that never even rode a bike befor but they meet a young girl that boosts their ego and hey presto...........get the tatoos and Phantom, then realise that a Honda Wave is quicker than a Phantom so get a Steed or similiar...all of a sudden they were x bikers or gangsters etc etc whereas we all know they were office junkies on a 9-5 back home...all full of siht...and how many x SAS have you met, I know a few and they have also had the siht beaten out of them.....this guy most likely deserved what he got and no doubt there will be so many more like him that just get carried away in their own little fantasy world.

I must agree with you....there are so many guys here that never even rode a bike befor but they meet a young girl that boosts their ego and hey presto...........get the tatoos and Phantom, then realise that a Honda Wave is quicker than a Phantom so get a Steed or similiar...all of a sudden they were x bikers or gangsters etc etc whereas we all know they were office junkies on a 9-5 back home...all full of siht...and how many x SAS have you met, I know a few and they have also had the siht beaten out of them.....this guy most likely deserved what he got and no doubt there will be so many more like him that just get carried away in their own little fantasy world.

How true about the SAS part, I've met at least a dozen, Thailand the hub of SAS retirees perhaps!

How true about the SAS part, I've met at least a dozen, Thailand the hub of SAS retirees perhaps!

I keep hearing (on ThaiVisa) about all these so called ex-SAS guys and I don't doubt it, but I honestly don't recall ever meeting one in all many years here. Plenty of other b*llsh**ters though.

I wonder if it's a more recent phenomena (perhaps due to your average Walter Mitty knowing more from books and movies than they did back in the day); I stopped hanging around in bars (with the very rare exception) about 10 years ago.

Edited by SteeleJoe