Iphone At Central

Valentine

Out of curiosity & an eye to the future I visited the new Apple shop in Central & asked for the price of an iPhone 3Gs as I thought once newer models were introduced the older ones would drop in price. However, since the iPhone4 came out it is the only model they will sell. I find this to be quite ludicrous as every other shop still sells older versions of Nokia, Samsung etc. One can assume that soon they will not be selling iPhone 4 or iPad 1.

Watch out for copies there are plenty of them around

I stick with big C or Testco lotus, there prices are competitive and they do not sell copies

if any phones are available they should be able to get them for you if they are not in stock

Said their company does not sell them anymore. Not sure if this is an Apple worldwide policy or just the local company. Anyway I can check some of the other Apple resellers.

I stick with big C or Testco lotus, there prices are competitive and they do not sell copies

if any phones are available they should be able to get them for you if they are not in stock

Said their company does not sell them anymore. Not sure if this is an Apple worldwide policy or just the local company. Anyway I can check some of the other Apple resellers.

For some time we had been toying with the idea of buying an IPAD, useful for travelling;

The "Apple" shop in Central is a waste of breath, they allow kids to play with the show models so you can never get near them, they seem to know little of their product, no training, and have always 'No Have" attitude if you want accessories like the Pad cover.

We went to Banana at Jung Ceylon....efficient staff, quick deal, everything there and questions answered.

For some time we had been toying with the idea of buying an IPAD, useful for travelling;

The "Apple" shop in Central is a waste of breath, they allow kids to play with the show models so you can never get near them, they seem to know little of their product, no training, and have always 'No Have" attitude if you want accessories like the Pad cover.

We went to Banana at Jung Ceylon....efficient staff, quick deal, everything there and questions answered.

The sales staff are just kids anyway & yes not willing to step up. I think the original Apple dealer in Central, they still have a stall opposite Apple, now have a shop in Big C. They were always pretty helpful before so I will check later as I will most likely be at Big C today.

That Apple shop in central is an official reseller but sell is all they can do. They can't deal with warranty's or service / repairs and the staff there are a useless bunch of monkeys. The only thing they could advise you on is which phone cover looks the prettiest. I still can't understand why Apple allow them to advertise themselves as an istudio. Official istudios everywhere else in the world have competent staff and are still selling the 3Gs but iphones are officially for sale in most other countries, in Thailand they are not (from Apple). This is also the reason why your iphones international warranty wont work here.

My bet is the 4 is more profitable so why bother stocking the 3Gs.