Can Anyone Recomend A Thai Cookery School?

russianrobert

I have a friend coming to Bangkok later in the year and he asked me to find him a good Thai Cookery School.

It needs to be 'hands on' style and focus on Thia food generaly, not be specific to a certain region.

Does anyone have any recomendations or any information?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Russian Robert,

I'm going to Bangkok next week. I went to www.www.thaihomecooking.com and signed up for two days of private lessons 2,800 Baht per day, three dishes and a trip to the market. Not bad for private and you can pick the three dishes from her website.

I also went to Baipai which I liked a lot for basic thai food. Not very expensive plus a hotel pickup is included. I go there again, but i'm looking for more specialty dishes

Good luck!

Curtis

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rob, I recently did a course withBangkok Thai cooking Acadamy ( www.bangkokthaicookingacadamy.com ) They were very good and excellant price. Located just off Sukhumvit Rd. You can choose different dishes to do and each course starts off with a visit to the market. . It is run biy an American called Ron but the chefs are Thai. Very personalised tuition and a lot of fun.

I highly recomend them