Importing Tyres

Okies so I need a new set of boots on the pickup, tyres are 275/45/20's and seems to be the cheapest junk I can find starts at 7,000baht, for that kind of money I can get Pirelli's from tire rack in the US.

However I dont want pirelli's, am happy with some Bridgstones or yokohamas which start at $130.00 (4,000baht) at tire rack.

What sort of rapage would/could I expect from customs ?

You're going to get hosed by customs and the shipping cost will be well over $500 usd.

It's not worth the hassle.

Search for a local shop that stocks your specific brand.

I use Bridgestone RE-11's but you are not going to get them in a 20 inch diameter, only a runflat that is specific to the Nissan GT-R are available from Bridgestone.

Go Hanook or Nitto make a great tyre called "INVO".

Such a quiet and soft ride in the 20 inch size, which is usually noisy and harsh ride.

I recommend..jap.gif

You're going to get hosed by customs and the shipping cost will be well over $500 usd.

It's not worth the hassle.

Search for a local shop that stocks your specific brand.

I use Bridgestone RE-11's but you are not going to get them in a 20 inch diameter, only a runflat that is specific to the Nissan GT-R are available from Bridgestone.

Go Hanook or Nitto make a great tyre called "INVO".

Such a quiet and soft ride in the 20 inch size, which is usually noisy and harsh ride.

I recommend..jap.gif

Yeh, theres been some good input here about Hankook. :)