Holidays In Trat.

dindong

Hi. Family of 3 adults and a couple of kids going to Trat about the week after Songran, 18th,19th April are looking for a good reasonably priced house for a few days.

We don't want to go to Ko Chang but prefer the mainland near a nice beach.

We are travelling by car so don't mind being out of town a bit.

Can anyone recommend a nice area to stay or a resort.

Thanks.

Unless Trat is a must you may try Chao Lao Beach near Chanthaburi. If you want a recommendation let me know and I will give you a phone # to check it out.....

Yes, please. I am not confined to any particular town but anywhere in the vicinity would do.

Thanks

Hi;sent you a PM. Big fans of this coast, after 4 holidays here we've now moved here, 20km inland from Chao Lao.

A note on Laem Sing - as we found on our first holiday in May last year the water from the C'buri river tends to flow south along the coast, all the way to Trat wasn't the best for swimming - and we were at Laem Sing the weekend before last, again the water quality not the best, yet cross the bridge and a few km north it's great for swimming and snorkeling.

Suggest you confirm accomm as soon as you can - we had to wait a few days to move into the house here and went to our 'usual' place at CL only to find the place fully booked - this was first weekend of school hols, may also be busy round Songkran.

best wishes for a great family holiday