Best Buffet Dinner-Lower Sukhumvit

1948wjm

Can any members give me some recommendations for the best buffet dinner with a variety of western & asian foods,preferable at one of the 4-5 star hotels, and also some price indictions,thanks

Go to Lower Sukhumvit soi 4 and hire yourself a "tour guide" she will know which are the best for sure and will have tried all of them.

Please do not get angry but it is actually a good suggestion.

Edited by maprao

Go to Lower Sukhumvit soi 4 and hire yourself a "tour guide" she will know which are the best for sure and will have tried all of them.

Thanks Maprao but this would be for a group of approx 13 people

You can check out my blog

http://www.Bkkgastro.blogspot.com

For a decent amount of buffet reviews.

Some I would say are quite good are

JW Marriot

Plaza Athenee Bangkok

In the lower sukhumvit area. Make sure you go during Friday or Saturday when there is a larger selection and spread. More expensive too of course, but at the Plaza Athenee for around 1900 Nett you can have unlimited Maine Lobster grilled and served to your table.

Also decent but personally not as good in my opinion

Hyatt Erawan

Rennaisance

Intercontinental

Centara

JW Marriot

Plaza Athenee Bangkok

In the lower sukhumvit area. Make sure you go during Friday or Saturday when there is a larger selection and spread. More expensive too of course, but at the Plaza Athenee for around 1900 Nett you can have unlimited Maine Lobster grilled and served to your table.

Hyatt Erawan

Rennaisance

Intercontinental

Centara

Thanks for this info,what about the "Landmark" & "Amari Boulevard", any comments on these ones ???

JW Marriot

Plaza Athenee Bangkok

Hyatt Erawan

Rennaisance

Intercontinental

Centara

Thanks for this info,what about the "Landmark" & "Amari Boulevard", any comments on these ones ???

Definitely stay away from the Landmark's lunch buffet, I went there 2 weeks ago and was very disappointed (No salmon, mostly Thai food, carving station was only ham, 700 baht). They have an on-going promotion of "Come 4 pay 2. I thought the dinner buffet was alright, nothing fancy though (Rock lobster, Smoked Salmon, Lamb, Beef) and around 900 Per person after the discount.

Amari Boulevard was very below average.

JW Marriot

Plaza Athenee Bangkok

Hyatt Erawan

Rennaisance

Intercontinental

Centara

Definitely stay away from the Landmark's lunch buffet, I went there 2 weeks ago and was very disappointed (No salmon, mostly Thai food, carving station was only ham, 700 baht). They have an on-going promotion of "Come 4 pay 2. I thought the dinner buffet was alright, nothing fancy though (Rock lobster, Smoked Salmon, Lamb, Beef) and around 900 Per person after the discount.

Amari Boulevard was very below average.

I went to the lunch buffet in Landmark with a few friends, both a week ago, and a month ago. And both times the carvery had beef, lamb, ham and turkey. There was also different variations of salmon. We all found it very good. As it has been all the other times I've been there. And come 4, pay for 2 is good value.

Cheers

Nana

A quick phone call to the Landmark can confirm that they do not have Turkey, Roast Beef or a large variety of salmon on Weekday lunch, only on SUNDAY BRUNCH

My mistake. The last couple of times was indeed on a sunday. I am aware that many hotels have brunch on sundays. But I just didn't realise Landmark have brunch on sundays, since my creditcard statment (and receipt) says lunch.

Cheers

Nana

A quick phone call to the Landmark can confirm that they do not have Turkey, Roast Beef or a large variety of salmon on Weekday lunch, only on SUNDAY BRUNCH

My mistake. The last couple of times was indeed on a sunday. I am aware that many hotels have brunch on sundays. But I just didn't realise Landmark have brunch on sundays, since my creditcard statment (and receipt) says lunch.

Cheers

Nana

Thanks all for your feedback,because of location and convenience for our group I have booked the "Landmark" for the dinner buffet and will give all an honest feedback after our dinner.

THe Landmark is OK, to me. Not bad, certainly, but nothing special. The spread is adequate, but the quality a little lacking, in my opinion.

For me, the best quality buffet, hands down, is the Grand Hyatt Erawan. Some other buffets may offer a larger selection, but none have better quality.

Very few girls on Soi NaNa will know anything about buffets in five-star hotels.

IMHO the J.W. Marriott by far has the best dinner buffet. Definitely not Westin ... although their Japanese restaurant (Kisso) is superb. The trick is to do the Sunday buffet at Westin but only eat in the Kisso section.

Edited by HerbalEd

Have tried several Buffets around Sukhumvit & for sure my favorite, as well as many of my friends, is the Sheraton, between Soi 12 & 14. No other place, including Hyatt has better quality of everything, especially the service. As a vegetarian, their variety of salads, ultimate spread of Japanese, supreme middle eastern, Italian, Indian & many say the finest Oysters, Lobster, Sea food & not to mention the finest french deserts including a vast spread of delicious homemade ice cream! they cost less then the others, especially on weekdays or with an inexpensive membership if you are a local, it can be 50% off. The cream of it all is that just above with an open space to hear quite well, is the best live Jazz in town, in their luxurious 'Living Room', a great place for an after dinner drink. Highly recommend going on Sunday or Monday for that, a favorite of many regular fans, to hear the Randy Cannon Group! Don't take my word for it, try it!

Have tried several Buffets around Sukhumvit & for sure my favorite, as well as many of my friends, is the Sheraton, between Soi 12 & 14. No other place, including Hyatt has better quality of everything, especially the service. As a vegetarian, their variety of salads, ultimate spread of Japanese, supreme middle eastern, Italian, Indian & many say the finest Oysters, Lobster, Sea food & not to mention the finest french deserts including a vast spread of delicious homemade ice cream! they cost less then the others, especially on weekdays or with an inexpensive membership if you are a local, it can be 50% off. The cream of it all is that just above with an open space to hear quite well, is the best live Jazz in town, in their luxurious 'Living Room', a great place for an after dinner drink. Highly recommend going on Sunday or Monday for that, a favorite of many regular fans, to hear the Randy Cannon Group! Don't take my word for it, try it!

I have been to the Sunday Jazzy brunch at the Living Room at Sheraton Grande twice, and I will agree that its great value for money with the Starwood 50% discount card. Lots of things to eat as they open up all the outlets and lay the buffet spread on the 3rd floor. However, there is no lobster, only "Rock Lobster" which is one of my favorite dishes so I havent had the urge to go there again yet.

Very few girls on Soi NaNa will know anything about buffets in five-star hotels.

IMHO the J.W. Marriott by far has the best dinner buffet. Definitely not Westin ... although their Japanese restaurant (Kisso) is superb. The trick is to do the Sunday buffet at Westin but only eat in the Kisso section.

Although the JW Marriot has a good buffet, it is definitely far from the best. The quality of food is quiet high and the ambiance is a lot more relaxed and comfortable, but the buffet spread is limited compared to the other hotels in the area.

I went to Westin 2 weeks ago and the buffet was also very limited, would not recommend it but the staff were very friendly and yes, the Japanese food at Kisso is one of their better outlets.

Although technically not lower Sukhumvit and "not the best" but nevertheless a great value buffet is the buffet at the Holiday Inn Chidlom next to the Intercontinental/Gaysorn Plaza, 219 Baht or about 270 Baht including the service charge and tax .. and that includes soft drinks.

Although technically not lower Sukhumvit and "not the best" but nevertheless a great value buffet is the buffet at the Holiday Inn Chidlom next to the Intercontinental/Gaysorn Plaza, 219 Baht or about 270 Baht including the service charge and tax .. and that includes soft drinks.

The locale vpi mentions above doesn't really fit into the OP's request... And neither will my comments below...

But, the current lunch and dinner buffet offerings from there, Cafe G at the Holiday Inn at Childom, just down from the Chidlom BTS station, have got to be the best value lunch and dinner buffet in Bangkok... And by value, I mean a balance of price and quality and selection.

229++ baht every day, lunch noon to 2:30 pm and dinner 5:30 pm to 9 pm. Pretty much the same selection of offerings at lunch and dinner.

post-53787-0-30721500-1302689554_thumb.j

No salmon or rock lobster here...

But here's what Cafe G does have: a pleasant and quiet indoor setting, air conditioned, good service, free flow of soft drinks included in price, and selections that include a carving table usually with ham, usually a Thai curry dish and a couple of Thai stir fries with pork, chicken or fish, a fixed to order Thai soup noodles bar, a fixed to order pasta bar with several choices of western sauces and pastas and condiments, a table of both western and Thai yum salads including a fix your own caesar salad area, a fresh cut fruits table, and a deserts table usually with a dozen or so choices of small cut cakes, brownies, pastries, etc.

That said, at lunch time, probably the best reasonably priced lunch buffet I've found is at the Majestic Grande Hotel on Suk Soi 2, and their Dine@7 restaurant on the 7th floor alongside the hotel's small pool, with both indoor and outdoor tables. 300 baht per person plus SC and tax...daily from noon to 2:30 pm or so. The location is walking distance midway between the Nana and Ploenchit BTS stations.

post-53787-0-83928800-1302689591_thumb.j

Whereas Cafe G leans toward Thai offerings, the Dine@7 buffet is international. For that price, they're including a basic sushi and sashimi bar, shrimp and mussels on ice, a carving table with a rotating roast or baked fish offering, a half dozen or so quite good hot entree dishes in small hot trays, a selection of sliced cheeses and meats, usually 4 or 5 Chinese dimsum offerings including cha shu bao and har gao, a Thai salads/yum table, and a deserts table with both Thai choices and western cakes, puddings, homemade ice cream and confections like rum balls, etc.

My Thai wife seems to have settled on that as one of her favorites, because she can go there and for 300 baht plus eat to her hearts content of mussels, shrimp, raw sliced tuna, raw sliced salmon, etc etc...

Another similar offering, though not quite matching the Majestic Grande, is the hidden away buffet lunch offering at the S31 Sukhumvit Hotel and its S Cafe restaurant on the 7th or 9th or something floor, near Sukhumvit Soi 31. It's a bit of a walk inward toward town from the Phrom Phong BTS Station and Emporium shopping center.

post-53787-0-86753600-1302689623_thumb.j

The S Cafe at the S31 Sukhumvit Hotel advertises their lunch buffet at 331 baht net on weekdays and 431 baht net on weekends. Though when we went on a recent weekday, they charged us about 212++ each, so the net total came out to about 250 baht per person. They also advertise a come 4 and pay 3 special, but they appear to have applied that discount even though we were a party of two.

Whereas the dining area at Dine@7 is surprisingly small and intimate, the S Cafe is a larger and more hotel like dining area similar to the Cafe G at the Holiday Inn. But, in their favor, they also have a help yourself rudimentary sushi and sashimi table, a single item carving table, an assortment of hot Thai and western style dishes, a very large deserts table with a lot of offerings.

Of course, the offerings above don't match the 5 star hotels in terms of the breadth of their offerings, or include some of the higher priced extras like lobster or steak and such. But considering that most people can only eat so much and so many different things in one sitting, the Dine@7 offering at the Majestic Grande comes close... at about one-third to one-fifth the price.

Edited by jfchandler