Mourinho Puts Aside Talk Of Anfield Revenge Missio

Shivek

Jose Mourinho insisted Chelsea should not be unduly worried by memories of their Champions League semi-final defeat by Liverpool ahead of this week's group stage rematch - as they won at Anfield in the league last season.

Chelsea suffered their lowest point of last season when Luis Garcia's hotly-disputed goal at Anfield knocked them out of the Champions League.

However, as well as defeating Liverpool at Stamford Bridge in the Premiership and in the Carling Cup final in Cardiff, the Blues also secured a draw in the first leg of the European semi-final.

More importantly for morale ahead of Wednesday's tie, however, they won 1-0 at Anfield in the Premier League on New Year's Day, with Joe Cole striking the winner with 10 minutes left.

Mourinho declared: 'In April we lost but in January we won. So we know that we can win there, although we also know we can lose there. They are enjoyable matches. These big matches you enjoy more.'

The Chelsea boss, whose side also face Liverpool away in the Premiership next weekend, is not short of confidence after the Blues secured their seventh consecutive league win against Aston Villa.

That has left them 11 points ahead of Arsenal and 10 points ahead of Manchester United, having played just one game more than their two leading rivals.

'If you know that they lost points then it's good because the distance is bigger in this moment. If we make a mistake and lose a game we have a distance,' observed the Chelsea boss.

Mourinho admitted he cannot keep his entire squad happy, given the huge competition for places at Stamford Bridge, with the likes of Joe Cole, Robert Huth, Geremi, Glen Johnson and Carlton Cole having featured little this season.

'I can't keep them all happy,' he told BBC1's Match of the Day. 'Last season Geremi was a little bit unhappy because he was on the bench. This time, I gave a chance to Glen Johnson and Geremi was disappointed. This is just one example. I can give you dozens of examples. I can't do it.'

Mourinho must instead rely on Chelsea's squad morale and their pursuit of trophies on four fronts to keep his players content, although there could be at least one opening in his side at Anfield.

Arjen Robben's fitness must be checked after limping off against Villa, while Mourinho must also decide whether Asier del Horno is ready for a comeback.

Frank Lampard, whose brace helped Chelsea to the 2-1 win over Villa, declared: 'We are ready for Liverpool but they will be two very tough games, we know that. Going to Anfield is always difficult and going there twice in a week even more so.

'We look ready for it and we want to get the right results. It was a deafening noise last season and it will be the same this week so we will have to be ready.'

So what do u think? Will Pool beat up Chelscum?

Its gonna be a humdinger of a game.

Will Liverpool be able to keep their European form going after again failing to impress in the league.

Plus how on earth can they play their Euopean style of football against another EPL side?

Beats me, I do not think Pool will win, I am going for a 0-0 draw or I'm with Pie Boy

I hope Liverpol can beat em. That would send a good message out to the rest of the Premiership that they are not unbeatable.

But liverpool play "INEXPLICABLE" football in the European competitions.

They may well get something out of this game, but will definatley not get anything when they play Chelsea at home in the league at the weekend. :o