Chalerm's Son To Contest For A House Seat

webfact

Chalerm's son to contest for a House seat

By The Nation

Wan Yoobamrung, son of former Pheu Thai MP Chalerm Yoobamrung, yesterday officially notified the main opposition party of his intent to contest for a House seat in Bangkok's Bang Bon constituency under the Pheu Thai banner.

"I want to represent Bang Bon where I was born and incumbent Pheu Thai MPs from Bangkok have already endorsed my candidacy," he said, adding that he did not discuss his political aspirations with his father.

Chalerm stepped down as party-list MP in protest of what he saw as disrespectful behaviour by other Pheu Thai members during last month's censure debate.

The party's deputy leader Plodprasop Suraswadi confirmed that the party would back Wan's candidacy.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-09

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]Was he not "Mr Toilet" surely thats the right seat for him..! [/b][/size][/color]

With all due respect to your comment which is indeed true My feelings are that being flushed down the toilet would be a more apt setting.whistling.gif

Clearly running for the

Happy Toilet Seat in the house.

Off to a roaring start here"

I'm sure he will do a fabulous job.

His sexy smile and magnetic personality will get him far!

He's an odious thug, as is his alleged murdering brother.

Was he not "Mr Toilet" surely thats the right seat for him..!

...is this the one that dodged the draft or killed the policeman ?

flushed down the toilet would be a more apt setting.

He has all the attributes required to become a successful Thai politician.

Seems his record precedes him rather solidly.

Edited by animatic

The history of this nest of vipers, (3 if memory serves) is rift with fake documents to avoid draft, police service using said documents, perjury, leaving the country to avoid potential charges, AND ON AND ON. The toilet, the boy is pictured setting, at least, is the only item pictured that the general population can make use of, whereas these individuals, could be used as an example of the advantage to society, of abortion.

Enlighten me, is this the one that dodged the draft or killed the policeman ?

http://www.nationmul...g-ru-99525.html

There's no date on that Nation article, sbk - when was it published?

Here's another article

The murder was in October 2001. It seems he was in jail from May 2002 to May 2003. And then release on B10 mil bail. That puts the Nation article in late 2003/early 2004 when the wife appealed.

Interestingly:

Prime Minister Samak Sun-daravej says he has approved Duang Yoobamrung's application to rejoin the military, adding that he is not worried about any political fallout.

Why is there still so much support for Pheu Thai despite the clear fact that they are a bunch of self-interested thugs? Do the people of Thailand want a mafia to run the country?

Some seem to.

Although it must be said that Thais generally show respect for those to whom the rules don't apply. Respect out of fear (understandable) or respect out reverence (to what you are alluding above), that's a different question.

Enlighten me, is this the one that dodged the draft or killed the policeman ?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/TWENTY-PUB-MURDER-Wife-lodges-Appeal-over-Duang-ru-99525.html

Wrong guy!

Douang(chalerm) is the crook that knocked the copper off, his brother Wan(chalerm) is the crook running for office.

Duang is the guy that was eventually found not guilty of shooting the copper but we all know that he actually did. Wan is the guy that restrained the policeman to give his brother a clear shot. So, if Duang was ever found guilty, then Wan would be charged with conspiracy to murder and automatically found guilty of aiding and abetting murder.

Remember that the father of these social misfits and bullies actually aided and abetted the escape of the accused son. Also the father and his scions fled to Denmark as a result of being exposed as a result of a rapid change of an maladministration government.

Why is there still so much support for Pheu Thai despite the clear fact that they are a bunch of self-interested thugs? Do the people of Thailand want a mafia to run the country?

Of course, Most Thais know the country is rife with corruption but the attitude isn't "we must end it" it's "I want a part of it"

Thanks for the links and the clarifications folks

I remember that despite being AWOL from the Army (by fleeing to Malaysia) that insult was added to injury when Duang was allowed to return to the Army and was assigned to some cushy job at Army headquarters in Bangkok, when he really should have been leading a combat patrol in the far South :realangry:

I remember that despite being AWOL from the Army (by fleeing to Malaysia) that insult was added to injury when Duang was allowed to return to the Army and was assigned to some cushy job at Army headquarters in Bangkok, when he really should have been leading a combat patrol in the far South :realangry:

You sir are too kind.

Actually the man is unfit to lead a washroom patrol.He ought to have been dishonorably discharged, but if you really feel he deserved to be in the southern operations area, then point duty on a jungle patrol might be more fitting.

Edited by ratcatcher

Not only allowed back in... but staggeringly fast-tracked to the rank of Major in a matter of months. And that was following a dishonorable discharge for desertion :

Many years ago the Y. brothers were accused of avoiding their conscription duties and obtaining falsified Sor Dor 43 documents. Consequently they were not reinstated in the police. (http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-46792213.html) which they had quit 'volontarily (http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-20716529.html).

I do not think either of them served in the Army, after the affair their application would be rejected.

For further clarity, Chalerm's son was reinstated in the Army on April 23, 2008 as a Second Lieutenant with his father who was the Interior Minister in Samak's Cabinet at the time. That was his rank at the time when "someone" shot Police Sergeant-Major Suvichai Rodwimud in the head at point blank range on October 21, 2001. He had to be reinstated because he had been dishonorably discharged for desertion in 2002, as he had fled an arrest warrant for Rodwimud's murder.

quote:

Interior Minister: Son's Reinstatement in Army Justified

The Interior Minister adorned his son with a Second Lieutenant epaulet this morning at his residence, insisting that his son's reinstatement is legally justified.

Interior Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung revealed that he adorned his son, Duang Yoobamrung, with a Second Lieutenant epaulet this morning at the auspicious time of 8:19am at his residence.

TAN Network - April 23, 2008

unquote

Just over 2 months later, and as a Major now, Duang was appointed by his father, the Interior Minister Chalerm, to be a member on his special Interior Ministry group, the Interior Ministry's Drug Suppression Committee, which sought to revive Thaksin's War on Drugs.

Interior Minister appoints his son as Anti-Drug Committee Member

The Interior Minister appointed one of his sons as a member of the special committee to tackle drug problems.

Major Duang Yoobamrung, the son of Interior Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, was appointed to work with the Interior Ministry's Drug Suppression Committee, which is a special unit that supports operations to reduce drug problems.

The official letter of his appointment was signed by his farther, the Interior Minister himself, on July 4th, 2008.

TAN Network - July 5, 2008

I will correct my foggy memory on the length of time he was on the run from the law. He fled the arrest warrant, but surrendered 6 months later on May 2, 2002 at the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Duang was found not guilty of murdering the decorated police officer by the criminal court on March 27, 2004 due to insufficient evidence.

Mr. Happy Toilet Wan and his brother Duang in his Army uniform:

duengchalerm1.jpg

and their dad, currently Pheu Thai Party MP's Chairman, Chalerm during a session in Parliament:

chalerm.jpg

Edited by Buchholz