800 Hp Super Snake?

Sweet looking and attitude to match!!!

shelby-super-snake.jpg

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- An 800-horsepower version of the Ford Mustang will be unveiled at the New York Auto Show later this month.

The 2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake will be built by Shelby American Inc., a Las Vegas-based performance car company. Shelby works with Ford Motor Co. to create various high-performance versions of the iconic Mustang.

800HP Super Snake Shelby Cobra

Gonna begin saving my money...Not that expensive but not that cheap either..

post-41816-0-16940300-1302416872_thumb.j

Prefer this from Ford, no it's not a GT40 but a bigger all-round version just called GT for street use. :)

The down side is they only made them for a couple of years so second hand is the only route :(

Edited by transam

If you could import and drive this for less than 10 Million, it is a pretty decent deal. And a hell of a good conversation piece.

Certainly would turn more heads than a similarly priced Porsche would.

I think you're right, it would be quite stand out and unique.. Maybe even to the point of being tiresome and having to hire a full time security guard that travels around with you to watch it and answer questions :D ..

That's a pretty bitchin'' car I have to say. @ 800 HP, how you can leave a stop light without burning out I have no idea.

True story. In 1975 I had the opportunity to buy a 1968 Shelby GT500, 428 engine. They wanted $2,800 for it, which was exactly the amount I had saved in the bank at the time. Went down to the insurance agent and he quoted me $2,500/yr insurance premiums (I was 17 at the time). That was the deal killer. Probably just as well cuz I'd have probably killed myself in it. Did wheelies in 2nd gear. sigh...

Edited by lannarebirth

That's a pretty bitchin'' car I have to say. @ 800 HP, how you can leave a stop light without burning out I have no idea.

Bitchin eh? There's one for the ages :D ... I just had a flash back to my youth and it wasn't pretty though :( .. Especially when you reminded me how much insurance costed in my youth and I'm always looking for that discount we all heard about when we get older with good driving records and unfortunately no joy :( ..

I have always like the Mustangs, also Corvettes, Vipers, Cobras, and my favorite as a kid was the saloon Ford Galaxy.

Personally nothing to me carries the tremendous charisma and stage of presence of the Ferrari F50. (own one in my dreams).

Like most usa car's look's great but drive's like a pig.

Ok but what makes you say that ??

He probably drove one waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. The third generation Firebird/Comaro which came out in 1982, thats a long way back, hugged the road like a dream, driven them. :)

He probably drove one waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. The third generation Firebird/Comaro which came out in 1982, thats a long way back, hugged the road like a dream, driven them. :)

Never driven one. When a new car USA car come's along they test them on top gear English program "look it up on you tube" they dont pull punche's They all are great in a strait line. But handle like a bus on corner's. If you like them enjoy. T/A they do drive old car's (USA) look it up and see what they say about them. If you want to drive a car that handle's try a Lotus. Oh that's ENGLISH Sorry. Have you ever thought of why most of the American road's are wide??? it's because their car's need 6 lane's to go round the corner's. Buddha know's how many you would need if you could go faster than 100 kmh there. Over to you. Edited by fredob43

Never driven one. When a new car USA car come's along they test them on top gear English program "look it up on you tube" they dont pull punche's They all are great in a strait line. But handle like a bus on corner's. If you like them enjoy. T/A they do drive old car's (USA) look it up and see what they say about them. If you want to drive a car that handle's try a Lotus. Oh that's ENGLISH Sorry. Have you ever thought of why most of the American road's are wide??? it's because their car's need 6 lane's to go round the corner's. Buddha know's how many you would need if you could go faster than 100 kmh there. Over to you.

:lol: As l said you haven't driven one in the last 40 years. Top gear takes the piss out of anything American YET, strangely with all thats out there the host OWNS an American Ford GT which fills all his dreams. :P

PS. American roads are wide cos they have thought things through instead of charging money to enter a city as in the UK. Over to you. Ooooop's forgot, Top Gear chose a Toyota Vigo to go to the North Pole above all others, which l have. :)

Edited by transam

And dont get carried away with your Vigo bit one major difference your's doesn't have a heater.

Dont know what happened to my post but all gone on the missing list. In again. Had an American Ford GT gave it back a few month's later kept braking down. Ford made a profit on it as he had owned it. Have you seen what they Top Gear did to a Toyota pick up. They tried to kill it and couldn't. I think that's why they used one to go to the pole. Great car Vigo. Miss my old one but like the VSC C/C on the Sportivo. Rest my case on the road's bit.

And dont get carried away with your Vigo bit one major difference your's doesn't have a heater.

Dont know what happened to my post but all gone on the missing list. In again. Had an American Ford GT gave it back a few month's later kept braking down. Ford made a profit on it as he had owned it. Have you seen what they Top Gear did to a Toyota pick up. They tried to kill it and couldn't. I think that's why they used one to go to the pole. Great car Vigo. Miss my old one but like the VSC C/C on the Sportivo. Rest my case on the road's bit.

I See what you mean about Top Gear and the USA. Was looking tonight at some of there program's. Remark's about corner's ...... A corner is as strange to an American as a small meal or a president that can spell. I thought it was funny anyway.

I See what you mean about Top Gear and the USA. Was looking tonight at some of there program's. Remark's about corner's ...... A corner is as strange to an American as a small meal or a president that can spell. I thought it was funny anyway.

Now the thread's drifting into nonsensical, preposterous generalizations let's leave that crap back in the bedlam forum shall we? That being said, rebutting one more ridiculous generalization that was made, having seen the preponderance of race drivers here from Europe and Australia I can assure you that even though I'm American I'm one of the slimmest drivers out there by some margin so you can put that silly generalization to rest as well...Now let's get back on topic eh?

So what about these AMERICAN designed and built sports cars that recently dominated the GT classes which Oh! by the way happened to be more based on street production cars then any other race class...

corvette.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1237326603031

These cars dominated on both sides of the Atlantic for years even winning the Lemans 24hr multiple times and guess who their primary competition was? That's right a top British Aston Martin program headed up by Prodrive, and the Corvettes dominated for numerous seasons with the likes of Ford owned, British assembled and engineered Aston Martins in the class as well as Ferrari and Porsche..So, you were saying??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_C6.R

And here's why you shouldn't let a woman drive this much car.. Wet road, too much power, woman driver = recipe for disaster..

Woman Crashing a Shelby Cobra

Edited by WarpSpeed

You had a 2005/6 200mph Ford GT :o. If l get the chance l will polish your shoes. :huh:

You had a 2005/6 200mph Ford GT :o. If l get the chance l will polish your shoes. :huh:

"Clarkson" had one for about 4 month's, Might be there if you google it. Think it was a left hooker, I have problem's with right hand one's and I'm English. What a bummer suppose that the shoe thing is a non starter now. Happy new year anyway.

"Clarkson" had one for about 4 month's, Might be there if you google it. Think it was a left hooker, I have problem's with right hand one's and I'm English. What a bummer suppose that the shoe thing is a non starter now. Happy new year anyway.

Noooooo, if you had the balls to buy one you have my complete admiration. Wish l had the cash. :)

Just looked up Clarkson GT 40 and the story's there. Seem's he only had it 4 week's. Great car though.

Not a GT 40, the bigger road thingy. :)

He even had problem's driving that in London, the real thing would have been a non starter. Still would like one though. Road thingy or not.

Just looked up Clarkson GT 40 and the story's there. Seem's he only had it 4 week's. Great car though.

Not a GT 40, the bigger road thingy. :)

He even had problem's driving that in London, the real thing would have been a non starter. Still would like one though. Road thingy or not.

Absolutely. :D ( I wish ) :huh:

post-87530-0-32805800-1302790928_thumb.j

Come on Warbly we may have a differents in opinions but I respect your veiws and I know I am not that serious all of the time about motors because I was just an old diy spanner till the computers kicked in but I worked with a guy who was Ferrari trained, needless to say I only cleaned them up after he had serviced them, I was young but it felt so special to be among them, come on board, your comments on the ferrari F50.

Sorry I have no love for Ferrari, a more pretentious and ostentatious car I can't imagine. I think of all the really fun and lower maintenance cars I could have for the price of one Ferrari like the one I've even listed in the OP I'm practical that way..

That's one reason I like the Corvette as it's so much less expensive comparatively speaking and still handles all cars like that quite well..

Personally I'd much rather buy something that I can make a performance car myself not buy one off the shelf like that built to someone elses standard, there's no satisfaction that comes out of that to know you bought it instead of producing it yourself there's no comparison in satisfaction, especially on the track..