Beachfront Condos Like Northpoint, La Royale Beach.

Thailand4life

Hi,

Im looking for beachfront or ocen view condos with the same quality like the Northpoint or La Royale Beach.

The area is not that important, i just want to have a nice 1-2 BR at the beach or atleast with ocen view.

What kind of high quality condos are out there? Anything you guys can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the OP wants condo options with similar quality builds like Northpoint or La Royale Beach condos ( not sure if these two options are any less bad than any other POS build in this thirld world country).

How one can call those quality builds.The first one stood for 10 years as a shell prone to the sea climate and the latter was a renovation of an old condominium.I assume these days the build quality may be a bit higher..........not sure though.

Sounds like the OP wants condo options with similar quality builds like Northpoint or La Royale Beach condos ( not sure if these two options are any less bad than any other POS build in this thirld world country).

How one can call those quality builds.The first one stood for 10 years as a shell prone to the sea climate and the latter was a renovation of an old condominium.I assume these days the build quality may be a bit higher..........not sure though.

I'm sure that since the commodity price explosion of the past decade that the POS quality of the past is even worse now.

--All I know is... if I wanted to spend 6 million or more on a condo,I would spend it on a place such as North Point (which is more$), Sky Beach..Silver Beach..., or any of the high rise along Wongamat Beach. Why? Because of the seaview -- great sunsets and a view of the islands in the distance; the beach walk is nicer (in most areas); it is away from the honky-tonk bars; yet,close enough to the city center. One doesn't buy a condo in Pattaya for the clear, aqua blue sea- so it doesn't matter if you stay at Naklua or Jomtien, the water is still like watered down soup. It is the view that counts. Yes, there are plenty of websites for references.

I would talk with owners at La Royale before going to far with them. As you probably know, it's had it's share of problems over the years....and is not being built as initially promised.

There are a few good condos south of town. VT Sands Condo is really nice. As is Golden Sands just down the beach. Ocean Marina seems pretty good...and there is another one or two in that area...as well as several that are clearly in very bad shape (STS, etc).

Be sure to just stop in and ask the local manager...they usually know what is for sale and can sometimes show the units...as well as get a commission!

It's worthwhile to either rent a car or hire a car and driver to check out the area...

I would talk with owners at La Royale before going to far with them. As you probably know, it's had it's share of problems over the years....and is not being built as initially promised.

There are a few good condos south of town. VT Sands Condo is really nice. As is Golden Sands just down the beach. Ocean Marina seems pretty good...and there is another one or two in that area...as well as several that are clearly in very bad shape (STS, etc).

Be sure to just stop in and ask the local manager...they usually know what is for sale and can sometimes show the units...as well as get a commission!

It's worthwhile to either rent a car or hire a car and driver to check out the area...

Fully agree

I would add some advices

-try to speak with some owners to hear about potential pitfalls.Management quality,what could be build around in the following years......Chanote problems if it is a new project....

-avoid Naklua/Wongamart.Very nice area at day time.BUT did you look the beautiful yellow light in the night from Lam Chabang??? And the nice pollution clouds coming sometimes from the same place?????(I lived in Naklua for 3 years)

-If they are to much different type of units in the same condo (example:many studios to 3 BR units);you could have some low life neighbours around you

-An other very quiet condo very well managed in Na Jomtien :Beach Villa Viphavadee Condo soi 18

Prices from less than 6 mio to more than 12 mio for 178 sqm .

-The advantage of Na Jomtien/Bangsaray is the kindness of the local thai people.Disadvantadge:you must have a car

Hope this helps :wai:

I assume these days the build quality may be a bit higher..........not sure though.

It isnt. New builds I have seen come with lots of pretty veneer (or pretty laminate flooring to be more precise), but incredibly thin. Lots of melamine also. Cheap rubbish, over and over again.