รักและคิดถีง Xxx?

ozzieovaseas

Although I can sometimes get by with my limited Thai speaking skills, i must admit i am a little lost when someone sends text via SMS.

I guess those who read thai well will get the jist of it,...and the last XXX bit is the girls name (i presume) but i dont understand why the question mark was added.

I've got a rough idea as i think ive heard stuff like this spoken (just a few times :rolleyes:) but would be interested in hearing your take on it...

SO....

รักและคิดถีง xxx?

wheres tod daniels when you need him!!?? but thanks in advance for any replies! :jap:

What I think happened here is the following.

The girl who we call "Nok" (นก if you will) for practical purposes send the original poster an sms where she asks if he loves and misses nok

รักและคิดถึงนก?

I think the ? should be changed with the word มั้ย but for sms purposes she made it a "?" instead and she is basically asking the Original poster if he loves and misses nok/her.

Do you love and miss me? or something amongst these lines

The question mark was added for simplification because if you write รักและคิดถึงนก there is no question. You need a question word to make a phrase a question but instead she added a question mark for whatever what reason. Maybe because she felt it looked more "inter" or because it was easier to write an sms this way.

Did this answer your question? :)

The question was "why is there a "?" (questionmark) in this phrase/sms?" am I right?

Edited by FireInTheSky

What I think happened here is the following.

The girl who we call "Nok" (นก if you will) for practical purposes send the original poster an sms where she asks if he loves and misses nok

รักและคิดถึงนก?

I think the ? should be changed with the word มั้ย but for sms purposes she made it a "?" instead and she is basically asking the Original poster if he loves and misses nok/her.

Do you love and miss me? or something amongst these lines

The question mark was added for simplification because if you write รักและคิดถึงนก there is no question. You need a question word to make a phrase a question but instead she added a question mark for whatever what reason. Maybe because she felt it looked more "inter" or because it was easier to write an sms this way.

Did this answer your question? :)

The question was "why is there a "?" (questionmark) in this phrase/sms?" am I right?

Yes, thanks very much Fire and Mugg for taking the time to answer, you have both certainly clarified the issue ;)

or to mug maybe i should say tank yoo berry mut :lol:

From what i could gather I suspected the words love,miss and think were in there but i wasnt 100% sure. I substituted the last word she wrote with the Xxx?, as i suspect it was her name written in thai, and interesting she left a one space gap between that and the main block of text too..hmm

Anyway, i wasnt sure how it all came together, but what you have said makes sense for sure.

thanks again :jap: