Conversion Of Tourist Visa To Non Imm O

I'm thinking of going the Retirement Visa route since the Thai Consulate in Hull have tightened up on their requirements for the 1 year multi entry O.

I will probably be re entering Thailand on a tourist visa and understand that this needs to be converted to a Non Imm O so I can apply for the retirement 1 year extension.

Do I need to show 800,000 Baht in my Thai account 60 days when I start the conversion process?

When the Tourist visa is eventually converted to a Non Imm O does the 90 days on the Non Imm O visa start from the date it was converted or does it run from the date I first entered Thailand on the tourist visa?

Any answers appreciated-------Thanks

If you are buying a tourist visa why not buy a single entry non immigrant O and not have to make the conversion (assuming your Consulate will issue that - most will).

Believe show of funds (not seasoning) is the requirement for change of status. A 90 day stay seems to be from date of application (and if money meets requirements sometimes both issue and extension can be done same day).

Need 800,000 in for 60 days prior to conversion

90 says start from the day you convert from TR to Non O, then every 90 days after that. 1st retirement extension plus 3 months from thr non O will give you 15 months

If you are buying a tourist visa why not buy a single entry non immigrant O and not have to make the conversion (assuming your Consulate will issue that - most will).

Believe show of funds (not seasoning) is the requirement for change of status. A 90 day stay seems to be from date of application (and if money meets requirements sometimes both issue and extension can be done same day).

Not sure if Hull will issue me with a non imm O single without the same paperwork required for the multi entry,I guess I'll give them a call when I get back to the UK and explain that I need it for a retirement visa and see what they say.

Thanks for your reply