Visa For My Infant Son Born In Thailand

My son was born in Chiang Mai 6 weeks ago and we've got his birth certificate. We are planning to visit our country next month. Currently, me and my hubby (both are foreigners) hold ED visa . We need Re-entry visa to come back thailand but we dont know abt our son. Does he need any visa to come back with us? After that he needs to go visa run or not?

Thanks in advance.

MAY

I think I posted in wrong thread and dont know how to delete it. Sorry abt that Moderators.

Edited by may2011

If you are allowed visa exempt entry child can enter on that but without onward transport within 30 days airline could give you a hard time - perhaps best to obtain a tourist visa for entry if from Europe. Once here he can overstay without issues as children do not have to pay and it is expected they will just overstay. But for return after travel will need visa exempt or a visa for each entry.

If you are allowed visa exempt entry child can enter on that but without onward transport within 30 days airline could give you a hard time - perhaps best to obtain a tourist visa for entry if from Europe. Once here he can overstay without issues as children do not have to pay and it is expected they will just overstay. But for return after travel will need visa exempt or a visa for each entry.

Thank you lopburi3.

We are from Myanmar and no visa exemption. So, as your advice, my son needs an entry visa (tourist visa) when we come back to Thailand and after that no need to go visa run for him and just overstay. (It's pretty god bcoz I saw children of my Auzzi friend go Laos for visa run and I get confused)

P.S: Tnx Admin for moving my post.