Non Imm 'o' Details

Hello, this is my first post. I am 35 from UK .

Am I correct in thinking that the 12 month non-imm. 'O' multiple entry visa allows me to enter and leave thailand as often and whenever I like ( with a max. 90 days in country ) .

AND

If I get this visa - it will ba a " for visiting relatives / friends who live in thailand " sub-catagory, do I need to keep a copy of their full address with me, for any possible immigration questions.

Hello, this is my first post.  I am 35 from UK .

Am I correct in thinking that the 12 month non-imm. 'O' multiple entry visa allows me to enter and leave thailand as often and whenever I like ( with a max. 90 days in country ) .

AND

If I get this visa - it will ba a " for visiting relatives / friends who live in thailand " sub-catagory, do I need to keep a copy of their full address with me, for any possible immigration questions.

You can leave and re-enter but be aware that you can only enter/leave four times as the 12 months is divided into 4 x 90 days and the 'counter' starts on arrival and stops on exit and restarts on re-entry hence you want to stay for the maxium of 90 days before leaving the country. So while it is good the 12 month non-imm is not carte blanche to flit between borders whilly nilly! :o

I think Lopburi is right ... I am going to check now, but I understand that you can come and go as you please, the whole point of the visa is to enable being with relative etc, not necessarily to be living in country. The visa activates upon issue, so don't apply for it long before arrival or you're just wasting part of your allotted year. You can enter for last time just before expiry of visa and 90 days will be granted, even though it extends beyond the one year period. I have found entry straightforward, no questions re reasons etc, other than on immigration form, where you put address etc, but that is all just paperwork :-)

Just make sure that official has stamped your entry visa correctly - as O and 90 days duration, also that they don't stamp USED over your pristine new visa, which happened to me!

Patrick

Yep, the visa only states "enter before" and a maximum date 1 year from the date it has been issued. Between the maximum date and now you can enter and leave as many times as you want with a maximum duration of 90 days. On entry you get a additional stamp with an "admitted until" date. You have to leave before the "until" date.

Getting the non-o was the real hassle because you have produce a copy of the passport or ID card of your supporting Thai family member, spouse or (girl)friend and you need an address in Thailand. Best is to bring the Thai relative / friend to the Thai embassy in person when possible. An example of an application can be found here

Once you have the visa, entering LOS is no problem. The visa does not contain the address you provided and there is no need to keep the thai address with you on entering or inside Thailand.

Edited by Bikkel

Hi Bikkel, you said it was a hassle getting a non o visa. Which country are you from? I got mine from the Royal Thai consulate in Hull UK which was so easy I phoned them several times with questions before applying and they were very helpful. My Thai girlfriend was my guarantor, she was staying with me on a 6 month v v.

All I had to do was copy the guarantee letter on the website as below

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdfs/Af%20%20...20Guarantee.pdf

word for word, just filling in the blanks with my GF’s name & address in BKK, she signed it & I posted it special post on the Monday & it came back on the Wednesday.

It reads on the letter at the bottom,

“This guarantee can be provided by anyone residing in the UK or in Thailand”

The form was dated 1st July 2005 so it seems to be even easier now!

Here’s the website for the Thai consul in Hull below

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/visas.asp

I just received my non-imm 'o' in the mail 5 minutes ago! Yipeeeeee! Good until September 30 of 2006.

I'm American and applied to the Denver Consulate and it only took 8 days total for my passport to come back stamped. And currently I'm residing at 'ground zero' for hurricane Katrina (my brother lost 2 houses and 4 cars, mom's house 2 feet of water but still standing proudly, my Chrysler Prowler got 2 feet of water :D ).

I'm 49 and for the 'reason' I put: "To travel Thailand to search for a suitable retirement location".

Of course the OP is much younger so I'm guessing he will need the contact information as other posters have suggested.

Much thanks to Lopburi3 and Dr. PatPong for their guidance in obtaining the visa....things went smooooooothly you guys are the best :o