Pheu Thai: No Objections To Yingluck Nomination

webfact

This is much more extreme. Why should the entire country have to pay so much for this one power mad family's benefit? Like I said, nauseating. If the Thai people fall for this, they certainly deserve what they get.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the same lady's name was Yingluck Baksheesh, would she be in the fast lane towards PM? It seems she was drafted by Brother. Nauseating, really.

bit like Bush junior?

Not even close.

In addition to Jingthing's accurate comment; Bush the elder wasn't running the Republican party and have sole authority to choose their candidate.

But let's imagine it was a bit like that -- is that the best defense you've got? "Bush did it too?" How would that be relevant?

EDIT to add: Didn't see JD's comment. Sorry for redundancy.

Edited by SteeleJoe

This is much more extreme. Why should the entire country have to pay so much for this one power mad family's benefit? Like I said, nauseating. If the Thai people fall for this, they certainly deserve what they get.

my friend - you don't know everything and you do not speak for the country - we shall see the elections soon where PTP will not be in power and Thaksin will not be back in power - but they will gain millions of votes and the problems will continue because many believe Thaksin did a world of good for this country (and himself I grant you) and was deposed by a Coup. That's the truth of it plain and simple - I know many farangs are yellow on TV and that's fine - I expect constant drip drip yellow comments - but its up to the people of Thailand not you and me.

Not even close.

In addition to Jingthing's accurate comment, and Bush the elder wasn't running the Republican party and have sole authority to choose their candidate.

But let's imagine it was a bit like that -- is that the best defense you've got? "Bush did it too?" How would that be relevant?

haha missed you steelejoe - your insightful comment - not

What wasn't (imho) insightful was a comparison to a person in a different country who actually had to get support from the people in his party, and run against other contenders rather than just have a relative make the decision (nepotism in this case since nobody denies that Thaksin leads PTP.) Saying "ooops I made a bad comparison" might add some credibility in the long run, both to posters and to political parties :)

If the same lady's name was Yingluck Baksheesh, would she be in the fast lane towards PM? It seems she was drafted by Brother. Nauseating, really.

bit like Bush junior?

Not even close.

In addition to Jingthing's accurate comment, and Bush the elder wasn't running the Republican party and have sole authority to choose their candidate.

haha missed you steelejoe - your insightful comment - not

Here's my response to that...oh, wait...

In using Thai Visa I agree:

Not to flame fellow members.

Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.

Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

If you can't reply to a question, can't rebut, or think the post unworthy of a rebuttal, why not refrain instead of embarrassing yourself with that sort of puerile stuff?

Sorry mods. Delete mine if you see fit.

Edited by SteeleJoe

What wasn't (imho) insightful was a comparison to a person in a different country who actually had to get support from the people in his party, and run against other contenders rather than just have a relative make the decision (nepotism in this case since nobody denies that Thaksin leads PTP.) Saying "ooops I made a bad comparison" might add some credibility in the long run, both to posters and to political parties :)

haha you are funny JD - at least you make me smile - 'add credibility' laugh.gif you don't think Daddy Bush influenced for Baby Bush? wow that is stretching credibility whistling.gif

Reread what I wrote .. W had to make it through the primaries and then the RNC in New Orleans. His father didn't and couldn't say "tag you are it!"

You may find this post helpful as it demonstrates how to simply say you made a mistake, without attacking anyone.

I'm fairly certain what JD meant but was to polite to say was that your credibility would be enhanced were you simply to concede you'd made a comparison that was specious at best.

I didn't read the part where anyone said that GHW Bush didn't have any influence. Can you show me?

PS:: Our posts were deleted. Yours were not deleted because of anything I said (ie pointing out that you lied), were they?

Edited by SteeleJoe

oh right so if his name was tree and not Bush he'd have been in? get real (er)

joking aside - you don't have to make the point - we all know why she's been nominated - it happens throughout Thai society - kids get promotions, get jobs because of their family not just this lady.

Hang on a minute. You are continually on here going on about how the people are fed up with the establishment, and their corrupt, nepotistic (if that's not a word then it should be) ways, and supporting the reds and voting PTP is the only way that can change, yet when the reds put a jailed leader's wife in charge, and the PTP look at putting a bail jumping criminal's sister in charge, with no input from the little people, then that's okay, because everyone does it here? Either the PTP/reds are the solution (in which case they wouldn't be doing it the same old way), or they are part of the problem (currently the largest part oif the problem in my opinion). Which is it to be? How can voting for the same tired old politicians (and their appointed proxies), with their same, tired old corrupt nepotistic ways be a "cultural shift"?

My point is, which you seem to have missed, is that it is irrelevant whether it is a 'historically black university' or a 'historically white university' to define it as such introduces racism.

What you are effectively saying is she has inferior degrees BECAUSE she went to a 'historically black university' - otherwise why mention it? it's a typical yellow elitist thing to do

It seems as if you have never previously heard of the term "Black University". The term is not racist in itself (it is merely your own mind that is perceiving it as such). It is a well-defined category of universities and there have been books written about such universities. e.g: Historically Black Colleges and Universities: A Reference Handbook.

Anyway, are there actually any Thai politician whose academic background and performance (first class honors) is in the same league as Abhisit's?:

Mark A[bhisit] Vejjajiva[18] was born in Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, England, attended Eton College, and earned a bachelor's degree in philosophy, politics and economics (PPE), first class honors, and a master's degree in economics from St John's College, Oxford. He also earned a bachelor's degree in law from Thailand's Ramkhamhaeng University, and taught at Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy.[19]

Source: Abhisit Vejjajiva

Edited by hyperdimension

oh right so if his name was tree and not Bush he'd have been in? get real (er)

joking aside - you don't have to make the point - we all know why she's been nominated - it happens throughout Thai society - kids get promotions, get jobs because of their family not just this lady.

Hang on a minute. You are continually on here going on about how the people are fed up with the establishment, and their corrupt, nepotistic (if that's not a word then it should be) ways, and supporting the reds and voting PTP is the only way that can change, yet when the reds put a jailed leader's wife in charge, and the PTP look at putting a bail jumping criminal's sister in charge, with no input from the little people, then that's okay, because everyone does it here? Either the PTP/reds are the solution (in which case they wouldn't be doing it the same old way), or they are part of the problem (currently the largest part oif the problem in my opinion). Which is it to be? How can voting for the same tired old politicians (and their appointed proxies), with their same, tired old corrupt nepotistic ways be a "cultural shift"?

`and supporting the reds and voting PTP is the only way that can change' never said it - if you think I have please copy so we can all see it

Several back and forth bickering posts have been removed. Please keep it civil folks, or I'll use my MBA from that online school I got on ya! :jap:

Time to register for that DBA now!

I do not know if Kentucky State falls into this category, but a number of unis at the lower end of the market running Masters courses will accommodate students with low first degree or incomplete degree results and accept additional 'experience' in lieu of such. Not in the same league as the send it in the post scam, but one way to tidy up an individual's CV, so the question I have is whether she has released her complete academic record or just the Masters bit from Kentucky.

It would be a shame to ban yourself for something that's irrelevant in the first place.

If she becomes PM, we'll never get to see Yingluck demonstrate her own intelligence as the only thing that matters is Thaksin getting a new proxy. All policies and plans will flow from him. She need only the requisite Bachelor's to become PM and any other advanced degrees she possesses will be inconsequential.

When contemplating Yingluck running for office, I'm reminded of Michael Moore's ficus tree candidate, as they are equally qualified.

http://videosift.com/video/Michael-Moore-runs-a-Ficus-for-Congress-2000

Edited by Buchholz

Another Shinawatra has chimed in regarding the Pheu Thai Party slogan (and thread sub-title), "Thaksin Thinks and Pheu Thai Does It"

Former Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces (appointed by his cousin, Thaksin) General Chaisit Shinawatra

Article (in Thai)

http://www.innnews.co.th/Politic.php?nid=280250

INN News - April 15, 2011

In an interview with INN News, Chaisit feels that any member of the extended Shinawatra clan could become prime minister and finds Yingluck to be a suitable candidate.

He indicated that his cousin, Thaksin, will be the one to choose the Pheu Thai Party candidate for the position of PM. He goes on to say that Thaksin will only return to Thailand when he is positive that he will not have to serve any of his adjudicated prison time.

If the PTP were to win, they will seek avenues to exonerate him from that sentence.

Lastly, Chaisit indicated that he is confidant of landing the position of Defence Minister if PTP wins.

Edited by metisdead
Copyrighted photo removed.

`and supporting the reds and voting PTP is the only way that can change' never said it - if you think I have please copy so we can all see it

No, you never directly said that. I was making a summary of many of your posts here over the years. Interesting that you pick out that one bit, rather than answer my question though. Why, if the people see the Democrats as "the party of the elite", and you tell us that you agree with this opinion (or are you going to deny that as well?) should they (and, more importantly, you) see the PTP in any other light, given their corrupt, nepotistic means of operation? And why, if, as you continually tell us, you are for the poor, and against anything that holds them down, or points to rotten politics, do you brush off the fact that one man is going to self appoint the leader of one of the big two political parties, seemingly making that decision simply on the basis of how malleable they will be to his orders, with the "everyone does it here" excuse?

No, you never directly said that. I was making a summary of many of your posts here over the years. Interesting that you pick out that one bit, rather than answer my question though. Why, if the people see the Democrats as "the party of the elite", and you tell us that you agree with this opinion (or are you going to deny that as well?) should they (and, more importantly, you) see the PTP in any other light, given their corrupt, nepotistic means of operation? And why, if, as you continually tell us, you are for the poor, and against anything that holds them down, or points to rotten politics, do you brush off the fact that one man is going to self appoint the leader of one of the big two political parties, seemingly making that decision simply on the basis of how malleable they will be to his orders, with the "everyone does it here" excuse?

Much to say but please read post 104 thanks

Another Shinawatra has chimed in regarding the Pheu Thai Party slogan (and thread sub-title), "Thaksin Thinks and Pheu Thai Does It"

<photo snipped for brevity>

http://www.innnews.c....php?nid=280250

In an interview with INN News, Chaisit feels that any member of the extended Shinawatra clan could become prime minister and finds Yingluck to be a suitable candidate.

He indicated that his cousin, Thaksin, will be the one to choose the Pheu Thai Party candidate for the position of PM. He goes on to say that Thaksin will only return to Thailand when he is positive that he will not have to serve any of his adjudicated prison time.

If the PTP were to win, they will seek avenues to exonerate him from that sentence.

Lastly, Chaisit indicated that he is confidant of landing the position of Defence Minister if PTP wins.

A vote for the PTP is:

A vote for any member of the Shinawatra clan as PM.

A vote for a member of the Shinawatra clan as defence minister.

A vote for Thaksin to be absolved of all convictions, both current and pending.

No doubt (my opinion now), a vote for ministerial positions for other members of the Shinawatra clan.

Boy, the red supporters here are going to need a big shovel to dig themselves out of the "it's not about Thaksin" hole they're in.

Edited by ballpoint

A vote for the PTP is:

No doubt (my opinion now), a vote for ministerial positions for other members of the Shinawatra clan.

Boy, the red supporters here are going to need a big shovel to dig themselves out of the "it's not about Thaksin" hole they're in.

Exactly...

A vote for the PTP is:

Oh now ... c'mon ... we all know it has "moved beyond Thaksin" (cough*)

Yeah, beyond Thaksin to Yingluck, Payup, Chaisit, "any member of the Shinawatra clan"... No doubt Oak will get a mention too sometime. And, in the interests of balance, it's not all about the Shinawatras, lets not forget Mr Happy Toilet and the Happy Firebomb Brigade waiting in line for their party list seats too.

For her never-ending efforts to better the lives of common, everyday workers in their striving for a better life, which include duplicating their toiling away for minimum wage, it's only befitting that daughter Paethongtan be rewarded for her noble endeavors with the position of Labour Minister in Auntie Yingluck's Cabinet.

Edited by metisdead
Copyrighted photo removed.

For her never-ending efforts to better the lives of common, everyday workers in their striving for a better life, which include duplicating their toiling away for minimum wage, it's only befitting that daughter Paethongtan be rewarded for her noble endeavors with the position of Labour Minister in Auntie Yingluck's Cabinet.

Oak for Minister of Education?

Payup for Minister of Collecting Back Taxes.

Yowawapa for PM' Secretary General. ( AKA Gatekeeper )

Somchai for Minister of Silly Walks.

Chalerm for Minister of Graft. errr Police errr Commerce

Minkwan can hope for under assistant to Charlerm at this point.

Ministry of FInance will be held by a rubber stamp

with a bobble head attached that only wiggle back and forth.

Attorney General...

Thaksin doesn't want one, a waste of salary

Jatupron has a lock on the Ministry of Hot Air,

while residing at the Bangkok Hilton.

Yeah, beyond Thaksin to Yingluck, Payup, Chaisit, "any member of the Shinawatra clan"... No doubt Oak will get a mention too sometime. And, in the interests of balance, it's not all about the Shinawatras, lets not forget Mr Happy Toilet and the Happy Firebomb Brigade waiting in line for their party list seats too.

Oak for minister of Education ... an obvious choice :)

No one is better suited for understanding the challenges that face today's student population.

So yes, clearly the best candidate, in an admittedly crowded field within the Shinawatra clan, for Education Minister...

Thaksin's son caught cheating on university exam

BANGKOK, Aug. 29, 2002, The only son of Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was caught cheating on an examination Thursday at an open university in Bangkok, local media reported.

Cheat sheets were found in the possession of Panthongthae Shinawatra, a third-year undergraduate student of Ramkhamhaeng University's Faculty of Political Science, when he sat for a mid-term exam in a course on political systems analysis, according to a supervisor of the exam hall.

Panthongthae was caught while making his second attempt to pass the exam after having previously failed it.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0WDP/is_2002_Sept_2/ai_91081436/

Edited by Buchholz

No one is better suited for understanding the challenges that face today's student population.

So yes, clearly the best candidate, in an admittedly crowded field within the Shinawatra clan, for Education Minister...

Thaksin's son caught cheating on university exam

BANGKOK, Aug. 29, 2002, The only son of Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was caught cheating on an examination Thursday at an open university in Bangkok, local media reported.

Cheat sheets were found in the possession of Panthongthae Shinawatra, a third-year undergraduate student of Ramkhamhaeng University's Faculty of Political Science, when he sat for a mid-term exam in a course on political systems analysis, according to a supervisor of the exam hall.

Panthongthae was caught while making his second attempt to pass the exam after having previously failed it.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0WDP/is_2002_Sept_2/ai_91081436/

Probably a fake red son trying to discredit the Thaksin family.

Yingluck has no experience in elected office, but she has plenty of ballroom and back room experience working the political circuits for the family enterprise, so 'politically' she is on point. And it appears 75% of being PM is dealing with the political animals that surround the PM 24/7

Administratively she has run multiple enterprise, with general reports of success, nepotism aside. She has been reported to show empathy for others she has worked with also, not an ice cold fish. Regardless of if her Uni is ranked 3,480 in the world, she has practical experience now. So no doubt we could do much worse than her on several levels.

But that doesn't remove the fact she will be her brothers proxy and puppet and makes it a non-starter. If he was not in the picture, definitively, she might be quite good for PTP. But that is all conjecture and wishful thinking.

Edited by animatic