How Can I Stay Thailand As Long As Possible

I come from china,hope to get answer from the forum.

I saw in forum many person make the visa run to border for more duration.so if I own a tourist visa,the period of validity of my tourist visa is only 3 month,can I get more duration in Thailand by multiple visa run?

as I know,only one enter is allowed for the tourist visa,isn't it?

usually what's the flow of tourist visa run?

Actually I had got the work permit,my girlfriend now in china want to come to thailand to work or study with me as long as possible.I want to try to find the best and easiest way for her.

I will appreciate you for your answer. :D:o:D

If your girlfriend enrols into an approved course of study in Thailand she will be eligible for a non immigration ED visa the same as what I have which means she can live in Thailand but must do a visa run every 3 months.

This is true Education is the best way... But still she needs to do visa run every 3 month...

Aha,it's you guys,my team mates!thanks a lot.it seemed you still bat around in the forum,even the night time :D you maybe waitedfor watching champion league last night,right?

today great match continue,cheers!

so can she use non immigration ED or B visa to re-enter thailand?

Lambus,which university are you studying in?is it easy to enter?

the difficulty is that my girlfiend's english is not good. :o

Alex; easiest route would probably be for her initially to apply for a 6 month tourist visa with 3 entries if possible. That one can stretch (with 2 30 day extensions and 2 well timed visa runs) to 270 days in the kingdom. That would give her time to lok for other options.

She CAN try for a non em B or maybe O visa but all depends on the embassy in her origin country (China).

Cheers!

Lambus,which university are you studying in?is it easy to enter?

the difficulty is that my girlfiend's english is not good. :o

I've been studying at Chulalongkorn University where we have been training. They offer a Thai Language intensive course which is basically taught in Thai and uses minimal English due to the large majority of students coming from non English speaking countries Japan, China etc)

The only problem is that the course is every expensive, 25,000 Baht for each 5 week module. However, Once enrolled she wil be eligible for a student visa regardless of whether she only decides to study for 5 weeks or continue on to a more advanced level meaning she will need to pay 25,000 Baht for each additional 5 week she decides to study.

Their are many other Thai language courses out there that are much cheaper and will still provide eligibility for a student visa.

If your girlfriend wants to study anything else, Ramkhamhaeng seems to be the easiest university for international students to enter (anyone else on the forum please correct me if I'm wrong) Chulalongkorn is considered the best university in Thailand and would probaly be the most difficult one to be accepted into.

If you are looking for an easy option go for the double or triple entry tourist visa. Either way with extensions at any immigration office you can stay in country for 6 months at a time.

Then go to any Thai overseas embassy (Penang) and start over again. You can do this about 5 times before they start to ask questions that gives you over two years as a tourist. :o

No money to show - no hassle - easy! :D