Renew Thai Passport In Ireland?

My Thai wife is living with me in Ireland.Her passport will expire later in the year. Does anyone know how she would renew her passport and transfer her stamp 4 into the new passport baring in mind that she may prob have to go to London for her passport as the Thai consulate in Ireland only offers limited services.. Thanks...

As you say, the Thai Consulate in Ireland appears to be just a visa shop like Hull and the others in the UK, so your wife will have to travel to London. There's plenty of info about applying for a passport on the RTE London website. If her passport is still valid, strictly speaking she should apply for a UK visa to make the trip. If you're an Irish citizen and will be travelling with her, she could apply for an EEA Family Permit as you would be "exercising your treaty rights" as an EU citizen to travel to another EU country. If her passport expires before the trip there's info on the Embassy website about getting a temporary passport for travel to London here (see Para 5):- http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/6

EU law (and the UK's EEA Regulations) say that an EEA Family member can't be turned away at a border without being given the chance to prove that they are so entitled. As there isn't a full immigration control between Ireland and the UK I would be inclined just to make the trip without getting any UK visa, as long as her passport is still valid. If you're stopped, be prepared to show them your marriage certificate and proof that you have been living together in Ireland and that you have been working there.

Once she's got the new passport no doubt one of your countrymen can advise you about getting her Irish residence transferred from the old passport.

Hi

A mobile consulate will come to 108 Old Finglas Road Glasnevin Dublin 11 on 11/12 June from London. You can register your place on www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk, how near or far from the date you do this I d'ont know.

They also have information on this on the THAI IRELAND website. The queue can be large so do not delay. You can renew a Thai passport on this day. Fees are paid in sterling I believe.