Wear To Buy Inexpensive Leathers (Used Or New)

Loz

Didn't realise trackday fun was so accessable. Just got a nifty little NSR150 and would like to get back to some track action. Used to be a regular at Croft, Cadwell Park and Brands Hatch back in blighty. So where can I get some big leathers. 46" chest should do it. one or two piece accepteable. Presume they have to zip together at least,right?

Any ideas where to look locally? I'm in Korat but would travel for a decent bargain and a quick fix. I can't wait to get my knee down again.

something like this, available?

cheap full leathers on e bay 90 quid

Hard to beat second hand, but of course if you order from abroad site unseen you won't know if they really fit until they arrive...

PADDOCK on Ratchadapisek Rd in Bangkok has the largest selection of leathers. Prices are negotiable and if you bargain hard you can get a good set of name brand leathers for what you'd pay retail back home.

Other places worth a look include Red Baron, Dirtshop and Fastcorner. I think Panda Rider may sell leathers now too? Not sure if the Dainese shop on Thong Lor is still open. Their prices were ludicrous and I heard a rumor they went out of business, but haven't been by to check.

Ride On!

Tony

Thanks Tony,

You seem to be a bit of a track captain so could you please school me on what the dress requirements are here?

in particular, helmets? Do they need Gold standard? (ACU)

Thanks Tony,

You seem to be a bit of a track captain so could you please school me on what the dress requirements are here?

in particular, helmets? Do they need Gold standard? (ACU)

It's Thailand- for regular track days there really are NO requirements!

Saw a crazy Russian try to ride BIRA in shorts and a T-shirt on a rented Pattaya Fireblade and someone actually came out and told him no- that's a first!

Sounds like you've done track days before so you know what you ought to wear.

Just remember, if you go splat you are on your own... :jap:

080810BIRAHondaCrash1SSE.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Blinking flip!! NO regulations??!?!

Is that also reflected in the standard of riding on the track too. One think I liked about British and European mainland track days is that, EVERYONE understands how important safety is. Yes you get the odd ego driven nobber who wants to be faster than he is. But even then know, if they take someone out, they will be deeply frowned upon.

I'd hate to see all that " mai pen rai " borrox applied to track day safety.

Honestly, how bad is it? :ermm:

Is that also reflected in the standard of riding on the track too. One think I liked about British and European mainland track days is that, EVERYONE understands how important safety is. Yes you get the odd ego driven nobber who wants to be faster than he is. But even then know, if they take someone out, they will be deeply frowned upon.

I don't know about European track days. At Bira generally speaking I wouldn't worry about the fast riders, they'll overtake you just hold your line don't worry about them. The more experianced regular riders are fairly predictable on the track some newer guys not so much so. Very occasionally you see guys doing the wrong thing, such as stopping on track in bad places or not entering the track properly from the pit lane. Usually one of their buddies will tell them but still best to give the newer riders a bit of room.

Honestly mate I'm not the person to ask as I'd only ever done 2 track days before I moved to Thailand so am not really competent to compare Thai standards to international standards, but I treat the track same as I do the road- I assume there will be knobs and noobs who will do stupid shit and I ride accordingly.

That said, most of the BIRA regulars are a lot more experienced than I am and know that track like the back of their hand. Most of them are also very friendly and happy to offer advice and constructive criticism.

For scheduled races like Thailand Superbike, Pirelli Track Days and R2M there are medical staff and flagmen on hand, but for regular track days there is NOTHING in the way of safety personnel. So, like I said earlier, if you bin it, you are on your own and will have to rely on yourself, your friends and the other riders to help you out. I don't know how far the nearest hospital is from BIRA, but I suppose that's something I should figure out... I have one wise friend who wears his insurance card around his neck when he rides...

FWIW shit happens even on tracks with the highest of safety standards. All you have to do is search for "track day near miss" on YouTube to find tons of crazy shenanigans on "safety conscious" tracks around the world-

something like this, available?

cheap full leathers on e bay 90 quid

Other places worth a look include Red Baron, Dirtshop and Fastcorner. I think Panda Rider may sell leathers now too? Not sure if the Dainese shop on Thong Lor is still open. Their prices were ludicrous and I heard a rumor they went out of business, but haven't been by to check.

Ride On!

Tony

Hi Guys,

Tony is correct, Pandarider does have leathers by Rev'it. I would call ahead too see if he has your size, ask for Mr. Siam.

Jay

:jap:

Sidenote: Reason for edit. I forgot to add that ask about a membership card, you get a 10% additional discount.

Edited by Newguy70

Yep Normski that's not good. There were a couple of twatish things going on and it wasn't until I saw the other vid which sated 8m 40s that I sussed it. Just a thought but wouldn't you have seen the <deleted> if your mirrors had been on? That hasn't changed my mind on tracks, I reckon I'm more of a cruiser. Let me know about a ride during the hols. Although I'm more likely to take the Vespa these days. The ER6n feels like a tank after getting off my Vespa 300 GTS SS.

If you want leathers, my strong recommendation would be to get used leathers off of Ebay. Used leathers are much much much cheaper than new. Get the size that is approximately your size. If it does not fit, leather tailoring is very cheap in Thailand.